• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN 2.0: What should it be like? (Twitter #BetterPSN)

wilflare

I'll credit you in it. I credit GAF...sorry. :)

Bahlor, etta didn't want to be singled out, and I thanked you for the site stats, and GAF for the campaign. :)

Let me know if I need to edit anything.

haha no worries - it feels kinda nice to have one's image being used as the unofficial banner for the campaign! haha imagine it turning up at Gamescom or something (i wish)

Bahlor

I'll credit you in it. I credit GAF...sorry. :)

Bahlor, etta didn't want to be singled out, and I thanked you for the site stats, and GAF for the campaign. :)

Let me know if I need to edit anything.

Alright, just don't what that it sounds like credit belongs to me or something like this. Got me worried a bit. :)

Has the option to be able to change your PSN ID registered country been suggested yet? In Europe we have the freedom of movement, so not allowing us to change the PSN registered ID's country is stupid.

ViciousDS

Banned
So I just changed my DNS to google and it seems to working much better. I honestly don't get it........last night I went from 3 hours to 5 minutes after I changed to google DNS. I'm going to need to research more into comcasts garbage name servers unless using google DNS for me redirects me to another name server on Sonys side as well

It's currently downloading at 70mbps.

STEaMkb

These two overlap:

1. Two-factor authentication
3. Better protection against hackers

Many PSN accounts are compromised because people use the same Log-in details across multiple websites. Two-factor authentication will reduce considerably the number of compromised accounts.

So perhaps rename 3. from Better protection against hackers to Better protection against DDoS attackers, per the message body ("Network going down because of outages related to denial of service attacks, etc..").

Blame Microsoft and their fans for showing you can put online multiplayer behind a paywall and people will pay for it. Why would Sony not charge for it if the market will tolerate it?
Poor Sony, forced by the evil M$ to charge for multiplayer.

Anyway hope this works, I'm getting a PS4 soonish

Aurizen

Poor Sony, forced by the evil M$ to charge for multiplayer.

Anyway hope this works, I'm getting a PS4 soonish

I personally don't mind paying for online, just make it a way better experience for us who have to pay. We should be able to use our full ISP speed or something that closely matches it comparable to Microsoft and Steam that has no speed cap. Personally thats my biggest issue. But I agree with all the requests that was included, and lets hope PS4 3.0 addresses some of these features.

Rndm

Cool to see that one of my suggestions got taken (the one-click invite thing that is not present and annoys me when playing CoD and some other games that rely on the PS invite system). That was quick, not even 24 hours.

I really hope that many of the suggestions will have an impact in the future.

And the dedication from all you guys involved is outstanding. Just wanted to say that "personally" on here.

Soothsayer137

Neo Member
And the dedication from all you guys involved is outstanding. Just wanted to say that "personally" on here.

Really though, with the momentum and groundswell this is getting thanks to the community effort i'm seeing I can see things changing if we continue. and I truly do believe we wont rest until this changes

Mikey Jr.

Honestly, if it felt like that PSN money was going actually TOWARDS PSN, I would be more than happy to pay.

But I have no fucking clue what the shit they are doing with that money. Honest to God. Hoarding it? Paying for marketing deals? Honestly, what?

Because it feels like PSN is fucking stagnating/degrading. My main gripe is the download speeds. Downloading the rocket league patch yesterday?

10 seconds of 4mbps, then 4 minutes of 200kbps, rinse and repeat.

Yes, fucking 200kbps! And I have a 200mbps/10up connection lol.

Also, how is Grace Chen still employed there? Can someone explain this?

Sony needs to get there shit together. They saw first hand how fickle gamers are. You run a piece of shit service, gamers are more than happy to switch to someone else.

If Sony loses marketshare because of this, it is no ones damn fault except their own.

Bishop89

I know it's been said that changing your psn Id would be hard, but what about a migration system? So you create a brand new account and you can transfer everything from another account to the new one, and in the process the old one gets deleted or something.

Aurizen

Honestly, if it felt like that PSN money was going actually TOWARDS PSN, I would be more than happy to pay.

But I have no fucking clue what the shit they are doing with that money. Honest to God. Hoarding it? Paying for marketing deals? Honestly, what?

Because it feels like PSN is fucking stagnating/degrading. My main gripe is the download speeds. Downloading the rocket league patch yesterday?

Sony needs to get there shit together. They saw first hand how fickle gamers are. You run a piece of shit service, gamers are more than happy to switch to someone else.

If Sony loses marketshare because of this, it is no ones damn fault except their own.

Who is Grace Chen? yeah that download speed is a big issue with Playstation! That should be their target #1 to fix. I feel your pain. Never have I seen a Good or excellent status (Don't think I'll ever see whats beyond the red and yellow bars) when share playing on my 105 mbps down and 10 up connection... Wired I might add.

Bahlor

I would like to add some improvements today:

- Functionality to add missing descriptions
- Split suggestions that should be 2 or more (not sure how about choosing the score for the new and old suggest, give both the same score or just split the score? suggestions neogaf?)
- Disable non psn related suggestions (don't want to delete them yet, some have really big descriptions and seem like someone really put work into this)
- Ability to vote on the potential financial and time investment, as I think there might be quite a few points that could be somewhat easy to achieve with a low amount of money for Sony and could be ranked better because of this. What do you guys think?

Anything else?

So perhaps rename 3. from Better protection against hackers to Better protection against DDoS attackers, per the message body ("Network going down because of outages related to denial of service attacks, etc..").

Thanks! Renamed it.

Aurizen

These are some really good ideas! I always knew about the Playstation Share blog, I just don't think they approve of the good ideas we do. the Newest one I've seen was in March of 2014.

Solal

I don't understand.
I felt that the download speeds were the main gripe of the PSN community (it surely is mine! My dl speeds are ridiculously low: waiting 2 days to play a game I just bought is a joke....)

But I can't find this complaint anywere on the betterPSN website...

Am I missing smthg?

Valnen

They should just be looking to Steam. It has just about every requested feature and more. And it's (almost) free!

Aurizen

I don't understand.
I felt that the download speeds were the main gripe of the PSN community (it surely is mine! My dl speeds are ridiculously low: waiting 2 days to play a game I just bought is a joke....)

Am I missing smthg?

What would address speed is the one named " Better/more CDN's for more speed / stability" maybe we should rename that to "More servers to utilize user's full ISP speed" and when users click that we expands on that idea to a bigger meaning about he CDN's.

The Username thing has been a thing for about 7 years now?
I really really want th change it and I'll pay $10 no problem because I understand that is has cost involved with it no problem.

But for the love of god let us do it.

Purest 78

I don't understand.

Am I missing smthg?

Where are you located I download full games in a couple hours or less. I'm interested in seeing if this is a regional thing.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It is, on a smaller scale than regions as in countries. That's how CDN's work, based on regions. The farther away you are, the lower speed you get from it. The worse the CDN is, the lower speed you get from it over distance.

Iorv3th

Should be able to report users. You can on PS3 and Vita but not on ps4. Wife has been getting some nasty messages from a group of people and can't report them or anything

Aurizen

So you guys think it would be good for PlayStation to buy other companies to make their service bigger and better to build on what they lack? I notice Apple and other companies acquire other company to become bigger. Maybe PlayStation could partner or acquire companies that are server based to provide a stronger service.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So you guys think it would be good for PlayStation to buy other companies to make their service bigger and better to build on what they lack? I notice Apple and other companies acquire other company to become bigger. Maybe PlayStation could partner or acquire companies that are server based to provide a stronger service.
I don't think they have the money for purchase, maybe they can afford contract work, but as it stands now, they are more interested in forgoing fees for exclusivity deals, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Aurizen

I don't think they have the money for purchase, maybe they can afford contract work, but as it stands now, they are more interested in forgoing fees for exclusivity deals, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yeah I thought the same, maybe they can strike a contract with Google maybe?

SSReborn

Because like I always say when someone jumps to this conclusion she isn't the one who is at fault when the store doesn't update on time

There are two parts two the PS Store the Operations (Your wrath is more better directed at this side and whoever runs this) and Marketing side of which she works the latter.

She is more responsible for the sales and stuff that we get on PSN (which have been pretty good over the last little while) the playstation plus content and she publishes the blog posts for the content, she is not in charge of putting up the content itself.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...cast-51-one-year-older-70-million-ps3s-wiser/ - Start from about 01:31 (an hour and 31 minutes)

This is basically the best example of something getting spread around as a joke to where it can actually be damaging to someones image.

Aurizen

PlayStation.Blog Share is a Sony-run site that's very similar to BetterPSN.com. Users can submit PSN improvements and vote on them. To date, Sony has implemented 18 of these changes including YouTube and Spotify support for PS4. However, that's only 18 out of 502 suggestions submitted through the site. There's a lot of work that still needs to be done to clean up PSN so I'm not surprised to see gamers create their own site to nudge Sony.

From Cinema Blend

Bahlor

Sry everyone, it's taking up more time than expected. But we did really well so far, campaign is still going quite well. Not as good as when all the press articles appeared, especially those of kotaku, playstationlifestyle and forbes... but it's alive.

Are we still gathering press articles in this thread? Sadly this seems a bit dead :( Right now the german tech press is jumping on this.

Top Bottom