• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 01/17/07

tanod

when is my burrito
store0117.jpg

Thank you to Chubigans for the custom banner. BTW, Chubigans started school this week so he didn't have as much time to work on this one.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

In lieu of making the thread a couple weeks ago for the UK and JPN content that went up, I did a comprehensive (minus DLC and trailers) list of everything that went up in the U.S. from launch up until the last update of 2007. I also included a detailed feature list of all of the PSN games, a Japanese PS1 game list and a list of all the demos available.
In case you missed it: PSN Content 2007 - "almost" Comprehensive List

-Japanese content is up now.
-Europe content is up now.
-North America content is up now.

-According to a post on Kotaku, United States PSN Cards are starting to appear in stores. However, after checking today, I have not been able to find any place online that sells them.
-According to Sony, there will be no firmware update in January. :(

THIS WEEK:

United States/Canada

Games/Demos:
-Blast Factor Bundle - $12.99 (includes game, MP and AR expansions)
-Mesmerize: Trace (PS Eye Required) - $1.99
-Tori-Emaki (PS Eye Required) - $1.99
-FIFA Street 3 demo
-Turok demo

DLC:
-MotorStorm - Eagle's Nest and Diamondback Speedway track pack - $2.99

Rock Band:
Individual Songs - $1.99 each:
Sweet - "Action" (Cover)
The Monkees - "Last Train to Clarksville" (Cover)
Blink-182 - "All the Small Things" (Master)

Trailers:
-Borderlands - "Debut"
-Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway
-Dynasty Warriors 6
-Lost Planet
-PixelJunk Monsters
-Syphon Filter: Combat Ops

Other:
-Call of Duty 4 theme
-Mesmerize theme
-PAIN Ed T-Bone theme
-PAIN Ice Tea theme
-Tori-Emaki theme

United Kingdom

Games/Demos:
-FIFA Street 3 demo
-NBA '08 demo

DLC:
-Folklore- Visions of the Tower - £1.49/€1.99

Guitar Heros III:
Warner Track Pack - £3.99/€5.99 for the pack or £1.49/€1.99 each
-Die Fantastischen Vier - "Ernten Was Wir Saen"
-Extremoduro - "So Payaso"
-Trust - "Antisocial"

Trailers:
-Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway
-Borderlands
-GT5 Prologue

Other:
-Call of Duty 4 theme

Japan

Games/Demos:
-Arc the Lad 3 (PS1) - ¥600
-Intelligent Qube Final (PS1) - ¥600

DLC:
-Record of Agarest War DLC - ¥300

COMING BEFORE THE SUMMER DROUGHT:

Demos:
-Devil May Cry 4 - January 31st
-Hot Shots Golf 5 - January
-The Club

PSN Games:
Released in the US and still to come for Europe:
-Blast Factor: Advanced Research
-Flow Expansion Pack
-High Velocity Bowling
-PAIN
-Riff: Everyday Shooter
-Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
January
-PixelJunk Monsters
March
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
Other early 2008 games
-Bionic Commando: Rearmed
-Commando 3
-Dark Mist
-Echo Chrome
-Elefunk
-Rocketman: Axis of Evil
-Rat Race
-Skydiving
-Soldner X
-Super Street Fighter 2 HD Turbo Hyper-Fighting, etc.
-Wipeout HD

STUFF YOU CAN FIND ONLY ON THE FOREIGN STORES:

UNITED KINGDOM:
-The Club demo
-Heavenly Sword theme
-Killzone 2 theme
-Lemmings theme
-Manga theme
-MotorStorm theme
-Retro theme
-Snakeball theme
-SingStar theme

JAPAN:
-Dark Mist - 800 yen
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - 4500 yen
-Mainichi Issho - full game - free
-PixelJunk Monsters - 900 yen
-Current Japanese PS1 game list - 600 yen each
-Go! Sports Ski demo
-Heavenly Sword - "Kai" demo
-G1 Jockey 4 2007 demo
-Imabikisou demo
-Record of Agarest demo
-XI[sai] - PS1 game demo
-Yakuza 3 demo
-Mainicchi Issho themes (2 of them)
-Pixeljunk Monsters theme

PREVIOUS WEEKS:
PSN Content 01/10/08 (Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS1) game; Kane and Lynch and Super Stardust HD demos; Folklore, NFS and RB DLC)
PSN Content 01/03/08 (NFL Tour '09 demo; NFS: PS, Rock Band and GH3 DLC)
PSN Content 12/20/07 (Snakeball, Toy Home, Warhawk (PS1), Trials of Topoq, and Mesmerize: Distort games; Snakeball and Blacksite: Area 51 demos; WarHawk expansion, Folklore, Poker, RB and GH DLC)
PSN Content 12/13/07 (Burnout: Paradise demo; HVBowling, RB and NFS DLC; GT5: Prologue game - JPN)
PSN Content 12/06/07 (High Velocity Bowling game; Wild Arms (PS1); Timeshift MP demo; Folklore, Rock Band, PAIN, and Motor Storm DLC; new themes)
PSN Content 11/29/07 (PAIN game; Oblivion: Shivering Isles expansion; GH3 and Rock Band DLC)
PSN Content 11/22/07 (Aquatopia and Operation: CF PS Eye games; MX vs. ATV demo; flOw, NFS: ProStreet and Rock Band DLC)
PSN Content 11/15/07 (Blazing Angels 2 and Toy Home demos)
PSN Content 2007 - "almost" Comprehensive List (includes Japanese PS1 games)

OTHER RESOURCES:
-NeoGAF Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread (Lots of cool stuff, Send your thanks to m0dus and the other contributors)
-The link to access the PS Store for the PSP.

JAPAN STORE HELP:
Contained in "PSN Content 2007 - 'almost' Comprehensive List" thread

FIRMWARE UPDATES: (all contain BC updates)
12/17/07 - 2.10 (DIVX and WMV codec support, BD 1.1 support, voice modulation, PS1 games playable via remote play)
11/19/07 - 2.01 (Stability and bug fixes for issues with 2.00)
11/07/07 - 2.00 (New options for sorting Trailers and Games, Playlist support for Photos and Music, trailers from the store can be watched while they are still downloading, Store and browser are both much quicker, Browser has new flash version, Info board)
10/23/07 - 1.94 (Included on R&C disk - enables Dual Shock 3 support)
09/12/07 - 1.93 (Fix for Warhawk and PSN connection issues)
09/03/07 - 1.92 (Quicker XMB loading, web browser improvements, bug fixes)
07/23/07 - 1.90 (XMB Backgrounds, CD upsampling, can change PS1/PS2 video settings in-game, XMB game list sorting)
06/27/07 - 1.82
06/13/07 - 1.81 (fixed "full" option not sticking on RGB)
05/23/07 - 1.80 (PSX/PS2/DVD Upscaling, DNLA streaming, BLU-RAY 720p, Memory Card adapter functionality improved)
04/18/07 - 1.70 (Rumble for PS1/PS2, PS1 downloads playable on PS3)
03/22/07 - 1.60 (BG downloading, Folding@Home, Europe BC Enabled)

THIS WEEK ON PSP:

Setting some expectations for my listing of PSP Store content. I will only post the PSP list after it gets posted on the PS blog. I'm not going to track content outside of the U.S. nor am I going to track upcoming releases. It's simply way beyond what I have time for. If somebody else wants to start keeping track of that, feel free.

The last update for the PSP store was on January 10th.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Thanks for the thread, as always. I really hope we get a nice suprise today. Heck, I would assume Turok? How was the 360 demo?

decon

EU store is just fucking lame. Will it ever grow to be at least 50% as good as the JP and US store?

Slacker

Do you wait to see it in the store before you post the Rock Band DLC? If not, you can see what it is here: http://www.rockband.com/dlc

Sweet - "Action" (Cover)
The Monkees - "Last Train to Clarksville" (Cover)
Blink-182 - "All the Small Things" (Master)

Edit: Oh and thanks for the thread. <3

ooooo... I forgot today was Thursday. I don't care how significant or insignificant the update ends up being, these threads always get me worked up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Tr4nce

You rock Tanod, just because you keep making these threads every week. Chubigans too ofcourse for delivering those fantastic banners weekly.

By the way, *starts whispering*, I've heard rumors that the word on the streets is, that the rumor has it that the USA content will have some interesting stuff like Turok or DMC4 demo, and Rayman or Street Fighter Alpha as a PSN classic.

All just rumor though.

Kyoufu

Tr4nce said:
You rock Tanod, just because you keep making these threads every week. Chubigans too ofcourse for delivering those fantastic banners weekly.

By the way, *starts whispering*, I've heard rumors that the word on the streets is, that the rumor has it that the USA content will have some interesting stuff like Turok or DMC4 demo, and Rayman or Street Fighter Alpha as a PSN classic.

All just rumor though.

I wonder how many times people will ask for DMC4 demo and how many times people will repeat the Jan 31st date?

SCEA really needs to fill out the PS1 section.

Whenever there's even just a small lull in the PS3 release calendar, they should flood PSN with 5-10 PS1 games. I just got my trippple this week and I already have 5-6 PS1 games on it. $6/title is nothing.

What I really need is to get a PSP so i can dl stuff while at work.

I'm hoping for a decent demo (I've given up on expecting decent PS1 releases...). I finished up both Uncharted and Untold Legends last night and I'm ready for something interesting.

Tntnnbltn said:
Would it really matter? The upcoming US DLC was released on the Euro store last week.
At twice the price.

$3 = 2€

It's selling at 4.99€ on the Euro store. I'd buy it for 2€, not for 5€ though.

_leech_ said:
Only five days before release?

The game has had demos for it for over a year now.

But noooooo, Capcom has this idea that releasing a demo during an exact moment before release to capitilize on 'synergy' is a smart idea...

...oh wait it is.

Tntnnbltn said:
Ah, I see. In that case a quick Google search says no, DLC isn't cross-region compatible
Thanks.

Did your Google search turned up with Motorstorm specifically or some other game. I know it doesn't work on Warhawk but maybe it could work on Motorstorm.

Tntnnbltn

Metalmurphy said:
Did your Google search turned up with Motorstorm specifically or some other game. I know it doesn't work on Warhawk but maybe it could work on Motorstorm.

Top two results for motorstorm dlc region locked:
http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=102312 said:
Also have a Japanese copy of Motorstorm and can't use the DLC I bought off my store as I found out it is incompatible.
http://boardsus.playstation.com/rss/tracker?user.id=1605983 said:
My region's Playstation customer support did not respond for about two weeks to my email about region locked DLC (Motorstorm) and when they did finally respond they provided no helpful information whatsoever.

No45

Metalmurphy said:
Does anyone know if Motorstorm US DLC works on a PAL game?
No it won't. DLC seems to be specific to the region of the game. I downloaded the fl0w expansion from the US store forgetting that I'd bought the game from the UK store and it wouldn't work and I know people that have made the same mistake with other games.

Top Bottom