• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 12/13/07 - My eyes burn from the amazing, part deux (GT5P is up in Japan)

tanod

when is my burrito
store1213.jpg

Thank you to Goldrusher and Reminder for their help in posting lists for the foreign stores and Chubigans for the custom banner.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

-Japanese content is up now.
-Europe content is up now.
-North America content is up now.

-FYI: Some people's credit cards DO work on foreign stores with an incorrect address.
-Currency exchange fees (usually a standard and relatively small amount) may be applicable to your credit card. Check with your CC agreement for details.
-The Gran Turismo 5: Prologue demo on the Japanese Store is GONE.
-Motor Storm 3.1 in-game update has been released.

To get GT5: Prologue off the Japan Store:
Note that I have not done this but I have tried to go through as much of the buying process as possible without having my own PSN Card. You're on your own after step 6.
This is not an all-inclusive guide and I am not responsible for any mistakes you make in the buying process.
1) Set up a Japan Store account. Alternate guide here.
2) Try your credit card on the Japanese Store or buy a Japanese PSN card HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE or
HERE or HERE. (see additional notes about this step below)
3) Select GT5: Prologue and Add it to your cart.
4) Go to check out and start by clicking the option on the right.
5) Continue clicking until you get to a page with 3 options.
6) Pick the third option and enter your PSN Card code.
7) Finish the checkout process and download the game when you see the list with GT5: Prologue in it.

NCSX importers email you the code and don't charge shipping. When ordering, the freight charges that show initially will only disappear shortly before you get to the final checkout page. NCSX also currently appears to be out of stock of 3000 yen cards.

Playasia DOES charge for shipping and you have to wait a few days to get your card. However, they have more options for the denominations.

You can also purchase the game from any import store.

THIS WEEK:

United States/Canada

Games/Demos:
-Burnout Paradise demo (SP and MP in the same demo)

DLC:
-High Velocity Bowling Bowler 1 - $0.99
-High Velocity Bowling Bowler 2 - $0.99
-NFS: Pro Street - Unlockables you can get by playing the game's campaign - not free

Rock Band:
Song Packs - $5.49 each:
-Punk Pack 1

Individual Songs - $1.99 each:
-I Fought the Law - The Clash
-Rockaway Beach - The Ramones
-Ever Fallen in Love – Buzzcocks

Trailers:
-Burnout - “Stunt Run”
-Gran Turismo 5 - "Awards at SEMA"
-Ratchet & Clank Future - "BTS – Art"
-Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground – "Story"

United Kingdom

Games/Demos:
-High Stakes On the Vegas - £4.99
-Piyotama - £3.49
-Burnout Paradise demo (SP and MP in the same demo)
-Conan demo
-NBA 2K08 demo

DLC:
-Folklore - Christmas Present (additional side quest, extra folk, alternative costume for Ellen and Keats) - free

Guitar Hero III:
-Foo Fighters Pack (The Pretender, All My Life, this is a Call) - £3.99
-Velvet Revolver Pack (She Builds Quick Machines, Slither, Messages) - £3.99

Trailers:
-E-Games Australia 07
-Assassins Creed (2 of them)
-Cain & Linch (3 of them)
-Dark Mist
-High Stakes: Poker
-High Velocity Bowling
-Piyotama
-Ratchet and Clank (5 of them)

Other:
-Uncharted wallpapers (4 of them)

Japan

Games/Demos:
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - 4500 yen
-3 New PS1 games - 600 yen each

Trailers:
-GT5: Prologue (2 of them)

COMING BEFORE THE SUMMER DROUGHT OF 2008:

Demos:
-Devil May Cry 4 - January
-Hot Shots Golf 5 - December

PSN Games:
Released in the US and still to come for Europe:
-Blast Factor: Advanced Research (missed November date)
-Flow Expansion Pack (no date)
-High Velocity Bowling (no date)
-PAIN (no date)
-Riff: Everyday Shooter (December)
-Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (no date)
December
-Dark Mist
-Elefunk
-PS Eye - Mesmerize: Distort
-PS Eye - Mesmerize: Trace
-PS Eye - Tori Emaki
-PS Eye - Trials of Topoq
-Rocketman: Axis of Evil
-Skydiving
-Snake Ball
-Toy Home
January
-PixelJunk Monsters
-Wipeout HD
February
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
Other early 2008 games
-Commando 3
-Echo Chrome
-Rat Race
-Soldner X
-Super Street Fighter 2 HD Turbo Hyper-Fighting, etc.

STUFF YOU CAN FIND ONLY ON THE FOREIGN STORES:

UNITED KINGDOM:
-Cain & Linch demo
-Heavenly Sword theme
-Killzone 2 theme
-Lemmings theme
-Mesmerize theme
-MotorStorm theme
-Snakeball theme
-SingStar theme
-Tori Emaki theme

JAPAN:
-Dark Mist - 800 yen
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - 4500 yen
-Mainichi Issho - full game - free
-PixelJunk Monsters - 900 yen
-Japanese PS1 game list - 600 yen each
-No Hot Shots 5 demo any more
-No Gran Turismo 5: Prologue demo any more
-Go! Sports Ski demo
-Heavenly Sword - "Kai" demo
-G1 Jockey 4 2007 demo
-Imabikisou demo
-Record of Agarest demo
-XI[sai] - PS1 game demo
-Mainicchi Issho themes (2 of them)
-Pixeljunk Monsters theme

PREVIOUS WEEKS:
PSN Content 12/06/07 (High Velocity Bowling game; Wild Arms (PS1); Timeshift MP demo; Folklore, Rock Band, PAIN, and Motor Storm DLC; new themes)
PSN Content 11/29/07 (PAIN game; Oblivion: Shivering Isles expansion; GH3 and Rock Band DLC)
PSN Content 11/22/07 (Aquatopia and Operation: CF PS Eye games; MX vs. ATV demo; flOw, NFS: ProStreet and Rock Band DLC)
PSN Content 11/15/07 (Blazing Angels 2 and Toy Home demos)
PSN Content 11/08/07 (Uncharted and College Hoops 2K8 demos; GH3 and MotorStorm DLC; FIFA and Motorstorm in-game patches)
PSN Content 11/01/07 (TimeShift & NFS:pS demos; Godfather DLC; Twisted Metal 2 for PS1)
PSN Content 10/25/07 (Ninja Gaiden and Piyotama DLC, Spyro for PS1)
PSN Content 10/18/07 (Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Folklore and Juiced 2 demos)
PSN Content 10/11/07 (Everyday Shooter game; Ratchet & Clank Future, Conan, and NHL 2K8 demos)
PSN Content 10/04/07 (Go Sports Ski game; Simpsons & Bladestorm demos, Last set of TGS trailers - JPN)
PSN Content 09/27/07 (Jericho and NBA 2K8 demos; NG: Sigma and MotorStorm DLC, 2nd set of TGS trailers - JPN)
PSN Content 09/20/07 (LocoRoco PS3; NBA 08, Sega Rally Revo, Skate, Stuntman: Ignition demos, 1st set of TGS trailers - JPN)
PSN Content 09/13/07 (PixelJunk Racer, Poker; Tony Hawk, NHL, FIFA, PixelJunk Racer and Harry Potter demos)

FIRMWARE UPDATES: (all contain BC updates)
11/19/07 - 2.01 (Stability and bug fixes for issues with 2.00)
11/07/07 - 2.00 (New options for sorting Trailers and Games, Playlist support for Photos and Music, trailers from the store can be watched while they are still downloading, Store and browser are both much quicker, Browser has new flash version, Info board)
10/23/07 - 1.94 (Included on R&C disk - enables Dual Shock 3 support)
09/12/07 - 1.93 (Fix for Warhawk and PSN connection issues)
09/03/07 - 1.92 (Quicker XMB loading, web browser improvements, bug fixes)
07/23/07 - 1.90 (XMB Backgrounds, CD upsampling, can change PS1/PS2 video settings in-game, XMB game list sorting)
06/27/07 - 1.82
06/13/07 - 1.81 (fixed "full" option not sticking on RGB)
05/23/07 - 1.80 (PSX/PS2/DVD Upscaling, DNLA streaming, BLU-RAY 720p, Memory Card adapter functionality improved)
04/18/07 - 1.70 (Rumble for PS1/PS2, PS1 downloads playable on PS3)
03/22/07 - 1.60 (BG downloading, Folding@Home, Europe BC Enabled)

OTHER RESOURCES:
-NeoGAF Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread (Lots of cool stuff, Send your thanks to m0dus and the other contributors)
-The link to access the PS Store for the PSP.
-Help on creating a Japan Store account. Alternative guide here.
-A link to NCSX Importers to purchase a 3,000 yen PSN Card. - $36.50

THIS WEEK ON PSP:

Setting some expectations for my listing of PSP Store content. I will only post the PSP list after it gets posted on the PS blog. I'm not going to track content outside of the U.S. nor am I going to track upcoming releases. It's simply way beyond what I have time for. If somebody else wants to start keeping track of that, feel free.

The last update was on December 6th.

tanod

when is my burrito
Sho Nuff said:
Is there going to be a demo for prologue?

There was in Japan but it was taken down November 30th. I hope there is an American one some time in January or February before it is released here.

Lightning

Banned
How much is GT5 Prologue? Not familiar with Yen, can someone who understands what that is translate it into £ British Pound if it's not to much trouble. Thanks. :D

Calcaneus

These banners never get old :lol

So, if I were to get the MP Burnout demo, would it include an SP mode? I know it sounds stupid and I would never suggest it normally, but I recently dl'ed the Timeshift MP demo (horrible POS demo) and it contained an SP mode as well.

M3wThr33

Banned
Calcaneus said:

So, if I were to get the MP Burnout demo, would it include an SP mode? I know it sounds stupid and I would never suggest it normally, but I recently dl'ed the Timeshift MP demo (horrible POS demo) and it contained an SP mode as well.
No one knows. There's no set rulebook on it.

tanod

when is my burrito
Lightning said:
How much is GT5 Prologue? Not familiar with Yen, can someone who understands what that is translate it into £ British Pound if it's not to much trouble. Thanks. :D

I would approximate that there is about 100 yen to a dollar and 200 yen to a pound, give or take 5 dollars or pounds.

tanod

when is my burrito
Calcaneus said:

There is only one demo. According to the trailer, it has both single and multi-player.

Barakov

Gold Member
Lightning said:

On NCSX's site they have it for $45.90. So going by that it's £22.42 for people in the UK.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
tanod said:
There is only one demo. According to the trailer, it has both single and multi-player.

Sweet! I hope those European themes will come to the American PSN.

Barakov said:
On NCSX's site they have it for $45.90. So going by that it's £22.42 for people in the UK.

So tempting.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
This one is a bit trickier, but
they are indeed the statue in the back. If you really focus you can see it. :D

Steroyd

Tanod Warhawk Omega dawn expansion pack is due out next week for £4.99/$7.99

I posted the announcement in the old thread.

Edit: Oh yeah... *ahem* [time machine]screw Sony for screwing Europe. :mad: [/time machine]

tanod

when is my burrito
Steroyd said:
Tanod Warhawk Omega dawn expansion pack is due out next week for £4.99/$7.99

I posted the announcement in the old thread.

Edit: Oh yeah... *ahem* [time machine]screw Sony for screwing Europe. :mad: [/time machine]

I posted a response in the old thread too. :p

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Come on Bust-A-Groove! This is totally your week!

edit: Tanod are ya gonna do something like a PSN year in review thread at the end of the month or something? With that wall of links you keep putting in the OP it'd be really easy to look back and vote on best/worst week/release/etc!

joesmokey

Can't wait for the Burnout demo, it should look pretty amazing.

Trying to decide if it's worth getting the Japanese version of Prologue or not :/

tanod

when is my burrito
Lindsay said:

edit: Tanod are ya gonna do something like a PSN year in review thread at the end of the month or something? With that wall of links you keep putting in the OP it'd be really easy to look back and vote on best/worst week/release/etc!

I thought about doing a comprehensive list type of post that I could periodically update. Maybe a thread that lists all the demos that are on the Store but I didn't think of anything like about what you're saying. GAF does have an official GOTY vote so if you feel like it, make sure you throw in your favorite PSN games.

You have access to the links too. Feel free to do whatever you'd like with them. I don't own the IP on the OP. :p

TTP said:
Really?!

Awesome.
Unless I'm mistaken, it said so in the demo trailer that went up today.

This is possibly my most anticipated demo this year. I was just playing burnout 3 a couple days ago!
Lindsay said:

Bust a Groove is coming to PSN? I'm buying that day one if or when it comes out! I love that game :D

Jonnyram

Why remove the demo of Prologue before the game comes out? Surely that defeats the whole purpose of having a demo...

lupinko

Okay, I'll try to use my CC with my Japanese account then, if not then it's time to email my friend over there. XD

M3wThr33

Banned
If last week is any indication, just because we know 1 thing going up on the store, we don't have any clue about everything. Always surprises! :)

Souther

Banned
Hmm i didn't notice until now but it seems that PS1 games(PSN) that are multidisc(Arc the Lad II) do not work with the PS3 and only the PSP.

Kinda shitty.

Guess that means we can say forget it to LOD

Top Bottom