• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 11/08/07 (Uncharted demo!)

$1148 Jack said:
If only I read this thread and the impressions thread before downloading.
Thanks Sony for taking 1.2GB of my monthly limit for a black screen that crashes my PS3.
Thanks a fucking lot.

Sony:
6ajc3tx.gif

duckroll

Sam Thompson said:
Hi guys and gals,

We hear you loud and clear. Wanted to chime in here and let you know that we have shared your frustration with the Naughty Dog team and we are going to see what we can do. I will be back tomorrow with an update, but in the meantime I hope you can be patient and bear with us. As you have learned through communicating with Evan and Amy on the blog, Naughty Dog is a studio that listens to gamers, so I hope to have good news for you soon.

Thanks,
Sam

Looks like they're feeling the heat! Hope it's good news for us!

EktorPR

My God...that Devil May Cry 4 extended TGS trailer is mindblowing. Everything from the pretty visuals, to the voice acting (surprisingly spot-on) to the music...OH MY GOD the music: does anybody know who the fuck is playing/singing that piece? Because the thing gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it.

Another question: seeing as I've only played DMC 1 (loved it and still cherishes it), but skipped on 2 and 3 when I sold my PS2, what's the deal with the Dante/Nero thing? Are they brothers or something? I know I saw Dante with Trish in that trailer...pretty interesting to see where this series is headed. :D

duckroll

EktorPR said:
My God...that Devil May Cry 4 extended TGS trailer is mindblowing. Everything from the pretty visuals, to the voice acting (surprisingly spot-on) to the music...OH MY GOD the music: does anybody know who the fuck is playing/singing that piece? Because the thing gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it.

Another question: seeing as I've only played DMC 1 (loved it and still cherishes it), but skipped on 2 and 3 when I sold my PS2, what's the deal with the Dante/Nero thing? Are they brothers or something? I know I saw Dante with Trish in that trailer...pretty interesting to see where this series is headed. :D

I agree. I was only planning on picking up DMC4 for completion's sake, but after the extended trailer I'm really hyped. The bosses look GREAT, the locations are varied and beautiful (my biggest complain with DMC3), the story looks interesting (it's going to be LOLZ, but the designs and events look cool), and yeah the music is great.

Dante and Nero's relationship is a new thing for DMC4. Nero is DMC4's original character, so I don't think anyone knows who he really is yet. It's not just Trish in the trailer though, in the short scene where Dante's in his office you see both Trish and Lady, the female leads of DMC and DMC3 respectively. :D

EktorPR

duckroll said:
I agree. I was only planning on picking up DMC4 for completion's sake, but after the extended trailer I'm really hyped. The bosses look GREAT, the locations are varied and beautiful (my biggest complain with DMC3), the story looks interesting (it's going to be LOLZ, but the designs and events look cool), and yeah the music is great.

Dante and Nero's relationship is a new thing for DMC4. Nero is DMC4's original character, so I don't think anyone knows who he really is yet. It's not just Trish in the trailer though, in the short scene where Dante's in his office you see both Trish and Lady, the female leads of DMC and DMC3 respectively. :D

I want to play 3 now. : / Dante remains as the protagonist for both 2 & 3, right?

Man, how big is the MotorStorm 3.0 update? It's been downloading for almost an hour now, and it's only at around 40-45%.

At this rate it's gonna take longer than the Uncharted demo download :(

Goldrusher

ThirstyFly said:
Man, how big is the MotorStorm 3.0 update? It's been downloading for almost an hour now, and it's only at around 40-45%.

At this rate it's gonna take longer than the Uncharted demo download :(

After the update, the MotorStorm "content file" on your HDD is about 230MB.

GrayFoxPL

Devil's Crossing for Motorstorm is pretty cool. I noticed a graphical bug thou. On the second level of the ticket when you race the track in trucks midday(?) right at the start for some distance there's shitload of "white lines" on the objects. Seriously it's like days of ps1 polygon "cracking". I know it's noticable in the whole game sometimes but not to this extend. I think it's a lightning problem during that time of the day. I haven't noticed this in the first race on the track.

Btw the track design's insane. Bridges cross themselvs in X patern so there are always clusterfuck crashes :lol.

Overal there is lot of shit on the track, lot more then on old ones.

The Bus is like train - destroys everything! :lol

The themes are cool, I changed to pixel with rounded fonts, looks good.

So what MotorStorm pack do you guys think is the one to get? Is the one with the clone of the Mad Max car the Devil's Crossing pack?

GrayFoxPL

ThirstyFly said:
So what MotorStorm pack do you guys think is the one to get? Is the one with the clone of the Mad Max car the Devil's Crossing pack?

The Dolorean is in Coyote Revange weekend pack I think. If you mean the armored buggy, I saw it in devil crossing but didn't unlock it yet. There's also Patriot V8 in devil but I don't know if you this is what You mean.

GrayFoxPL said:
The Dolorean is in Coyote Revange weekend pack I think. If you mean the armored buggy, I saw it in devil crossing but didn't unlock it yet. There's also Patriot V8 in devil but I don't know if you this is what You mean.

Yeah, I think the Dolorean is the one I'm thinking of. It was shown in one of their old videos, but not in the trailer for Coyote Revenge, but they didn't show the one that needed to be unlocked, so I guess that's it. It's a rally car class.

So how do you unlock the cars from the packs? I haven't really played much of the 1 player game (I'm still on level 2). Do you just have to beat the races in the new ticket you get with the pack?

GrayFoxPL

ThirstyFly said:
(...)
So how do you unlock the cars from the packs? I haven't really played much of the 1 player game (I'm still on level 2). Do you just have to beat the races in the new ticket you get with the pack?

Get gold on all races in a level. (You must go to Wreckcreation for add on pack tickets.)

Most things are unlocked from the start. V8, Bus, two new bikes and a quad, but I didn't get the buggy. After wining Level one of Devil weekend I got just paintjobs for few vehicules.

GrayFoxPL said:
Get gold on all races in a level. (You must go to Wreckcreation for add on pack tickets.)

Okay, thanks for the tip. I was worried I'd have to finish level 4 to get my sweet, sweet Dolorean. Guess I'll pick up the two packs once the November game rush calms down a bit.

Bebpo

Banned
So I saw on the scrolling info bar that Bladestorm got a patch with rumble. I guess pretty much every JPN game on PS3 will be getting a rumble patch this weekend for the new controller.

...just wish I could get one ;_;

Demo is good to go for all regions now.

Christophe Balestra, here, and I’m Co-President at Naughty Dog. I wanted to give a final update on the Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune demo situation.

We’re really sorry about what happened and didn’t anticipate this at all. We just didn’t know people from other territories could connect to the US PLAYSTATION Network Store and download demos … now we do! We’ve been too busy working on the game to wrap our head’s around the infrastructure of the PSN.

We absolutely did not plan the demo to be region locked. As soon as we figured out the problem existed, Sam Thompson called me and I jumped into my car, drove to the office and fixed it right away. It’s an honest mistake and we didn’t try to prevent anybody from enjoying the Uncharted demo. I feel even more sorry because most of the people who experienced the problem are in Europe and I’m European myself.

So again, we’re really sorry about what happened and it wasn’t done on purpose. The good news is it’s now fixed and a new demo of Uncharted has been posted to the US PLAYSTATION Network Store so the entire world can enjoy it.

Thanks to Sam for taking the heat yesterday and for letting us know about the issue.

beaten to death....

Wooot! It's really cool of ND to fix it and very quickly too. :D

I always appreciate it when a company puts effort into looking after their fans.

Zoe

Hmm... I'm not sure if I should just put this here or make a new thread.

Mainichi Issho got its monthly update this week, and it came with a new game!

-2007_11_1000_25_1.jpg

It's Picture Shiritori. The game gives you a character, and you have to select the picture that starts with that character. This game is HARD if you don't know Japanese well and impossible if you can't read it. Luckily, it recycles the images, so once you've played a few times, you should be able to remember what is what.

Edit: Played this a bit more, and it's a little harder than I thought. Pictures can have more than one word associated with them, but compound words may not always work the way you think (it wouldn't let me use "muffler" but it later accepted a word that was "<something> muffler"). Also, like normal shiritori, any words ending in 'n' will end the game.

The picture is from the one-player mode. There are online battles and rankings, but I'm too much of a wimp to try it against a real Japanese person :(

(It may take forever for the game to start up the first time, I'm guessing it only downloads the assets if you actually play the game)

klee123

Bebpo said:
Well all PS1 games that came out after the DS should have rumble. They are just 1:1 roms.

Also it's crazy how they manage to keep releasing cool looking games I have never heard of before.

The amount of obscure JPN games the PSone has is unrivaled. I think the only other system which could give it competition is the PC engine.

Speaking of the downlodable PSone games, Velldeselba has an awesome theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z4M95qa_l4

Oh, I must add. Dark mist is quite fun. Well worth the 800 yen IMO.

Top Bottom