• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN(NA) Play Anime + Ubisoft sale

DJChuy

Are any of these Tales titles worth playing? I'm always seeing mixed reviews on the series.

Cyber Sleuth is a great game by the way, for anyone considering getting it.

I played Graces F and Xillia and enjoyed them both. Gameplay is pretty fun for both. However, I found the story & characters in Graces F better because Xillia has something dumb that repeatedly happens throughout the story. I'd chose Graces F first.

Picking up Ni No Kuni. Played it before, but didn't click with me the first time. Hopefully this time will be different.

kennyamr

Nice, thanks for the heads up.

Are any of these Tales titles worth playing? I'm always seeing mixed reviews on the series.

Cyber Sleuth is a great game by the way, for anyone considering getting it.

I loved Graces F and Xillia and I didn't like Xillia 2 or Zestiria.

Also, the new game that just came out, Berseria, is amazing!

So buy the first Xillia/Graces F at least, best of the bunch on sale, and if u like them, buy Berseria after. Really good game.

Mozendo

Touch My Katamari is one of my favorite games this gen everyone who has a vita and doesn't already have it should get it.
Also didn't like Tales of Hearts R, but this is coming from someone who prefers Phantasia, Symphonia and Graces F to Vesperia.
Edit: Aww shoot I just noticed the Tales of PS3 games are on sale, damn it if only I had the money I would have picked up a Xillia 1 + 2 and Graces F ;___;

Morts

Oh man, I regretted passing on Far Cry Primal last time it was on sale but now we're coming up on the double-open-world-whammy of Horizon and Zelda. I don't want to get burnt out. Hmm.

Ashtar

Oh man, I regretted passing on Far Cry Primal last time it was on sale but now we're coming up on the double-open-world-whammy of Horizon and Zelda. I don't want to get burnt out. Hmm.
I'd recommend against it truthfully

The most annoying thing about these sales is the season pass alone never goes on sale

Man those Tales games are tempting but I want physical copies. I've watched Most of the Tales anime and wanted to play the games. I've already bought Zesteria, symphonia chronicles, graces f, and abyss 3ds. Im going to get Xillia and Xillia 2 this week. Damn my preference for physical copies lol.

Also, the new game that just came out, Berseria, is amazing!

So buy the first Xillia/Graces F at least, best of the bunch on sale, and if u like them, buy Berseria after. Really good game.
I played the Berseria demo, and really enjoyed both modes! I was tempted to pre-order the game, but $80 CAD is a bit steep for a series that I have no experience with.

Going to take your advice and play through Xillia (might get Graces F, too) first, and then get Berseria once the price has dropped to something more reasonable.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

GAF impressions are very mixed on Xillia, but I rather enjoyed it. Never played its sequel.
Zestiria is almost universally disliked and I myself did not ultimately like it. Play Berseria first for sure, and if you absolutely must see how it connects after, wait for yet another sale later(these games constantly go on sale).

Graces f is very mixed, but generally the hivemind says it has the best combat in the entire series, but the worst story and characters. I haven't tried it.

Hearts R is mixed as well. Generally those that dislike it mostly hate the changes made from the original DS game. I haven't tried it though.

Symphonia 2. Just ignore this one, I've never seen anyone defend it.

Morts

I wish the games in the Ezio Collection were sold separately. Same with the Bioshock collection, actually.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, it feels like all the Ubisoft games bombed.

Also, I can't believe they still refuse to discount the Rainbow Six stuff seperately.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Sweet Jesus, seriously?

Nah, I rather enjoyed Unity quite a bit.

It does have the least involving/forgettable story in the entire franchise but it did a lot of things quite well. Assassinations now have a lot more freedom in approach as the design behind them offer a few varying creative approaches(rather than following a mostly linear set of obstacles). I also much prefer the changes to climbing and combat(Syndicate borrowed a lot of what worked, though I still like Unity's combat more). Also it looks incredible and all the backlash about its tech performance are largely fixed up.

That said, its still below some of the other games in ranking(due to it having a boring pointless story mostly), but its hardly as terrible as some would make it to being.

Is the Season 1 season pass for Rainbow Six Siege not a thing I can buy? I can only find the S2 Pass on PSN.

I think it's only available as the highest tier "Complete" edition now. They delisted the season one pass a month or so ago.

For those wondering - the Ezio Collection is actually pretty good. Playing AC2 at the moment and, apart from the character models looking pretty rough, it looks and runs great. Definitely better on a 4K TV + Pro (can't believe there's no downsample option for 1080p TVs, but the difference is huge).

No claim of this being Week 2 of the Bandai Namco anime sale. I know they're doing an "anime month" with some retailers for February. Holding out hope that JoJo goes on sale again, since I missed it last time.

Also, is Saint Seiya any good? Particularly if I have zero experience with the franchise? Or am I better off stick with Ultimate Ninja Storm 4?

How is Me and My Katamari on the Vita?

Works fine. It's been a while but I think mapping the right analog stick to the face buttons works pretty much as you'd expect. I don't remember it being too clunky, and I generally liked playing it on my Vita.

Is Touch My Katamari worth $3.75 if you have played all the other Katamari games?

Depends on whether you can stand more Katamari. There's not much that's completely new. Many old "favourites" return (hey did you enjoy the "roll up a cow" level because I think there's something like that in there!) and while a bunch of the levels are new, they're still variations on stuff the franchise has done before. For example, I think the bedroom level is new, but guess what: it's a bedroom, just like all the other games had inside-a-house levels. There are a few genuinely new levels, though, and though the game doesn't make a ton of use of the katamari stretching/squeezing, there are some challenges that ask you to use it.

But for all of that, it's a competently executed Katamari game that plays pretty well given the constraints of the Vita, and I was happy with it at three times the price. So I say get it.

The AssCreed pricing looks tempting but i refused to buy anymore AssCreed games until they relocate their game settings outside of the western region..

Before these games ever begin, Ubisoft will proudly proclaim that AssCreed is a game developed by a team of mult-racial and nationality talents....but seriously, other than the 1st AssCreed, we've been playing around Europe & America for the longest time......can't they just move the AssCreed settings to Asia or back to the middle east again?

HotHamBoy

Works fine. It's been a while but I think mapping the right analog stick to the face buttons works pretty much as you'd expect. I don't remember it being too clunky, and I generally liked playing it on my Vita.

Depends on whether you can stand more Katamari. There's not much that's completely new. Many old "favourites" return (hey did you enjoy the "roll up a cow" level because I think there's something like that in there!) and while a bunch of the levels are new, they're still variations on stuff the franchise has done before. For example, I think the bedroom level is new, but guess what: it's a bedroom, just like all the other games had inside-a-house levels. There are a few genuinely new levels, though, and though the game doesn't make a ton of use of the katamari stretching/squeezing, there are some challenges that ask you to use it.

But for all of that, it's a competently executed Katamari game that plays pretty well given the constraints of the Vita, and I was happy with it at three times the price. So I say get it.

It's been a real long time since I played a Katamari game. I started with the originals on PS2 and the last one I played was Katamari Forever, but that was years ago.

I was actually craving some Katamari so this might be a good way to get my fix since I don't really bother with my PS3 these days.

Muninn

Banned
People should give Steep a try. I know it's only 30FPS on the base PS4 but the game to me is amazing As good as SSX 3 and a lot different in many ways. The graphical standard for open world mountain sports for sure. I love it.

L.O.R.D

I'm pretty sure that we already got ubisoft sale two weeks ago,didn't we?
Because i got assassins creed syndicate from that sale.

and what about tales of hearts R season pass?
I never thought there is a season pass for it,what does it include?

Epcott

After the Pro "boost" mode I'm tempted to try AC:Unity, believing that the framerate will be stable enough (and because all the holyshit.gif around).

Is Unity a good game overall?
Or it is a good AC game at least?

The non fps technical problems were solved?

The saving grace are it's multiplayer missions... and even those can be a mess. If you have friends with the game, why not? The story is bad and the city is bland, I beat it years back and I can't even remember the protagonists name or face.

As an AC game, it's slightly above AC3 but light years behind Black Flag (which had better story, world, and mission content).

dickroach

Touch My Katamari is one of my favorite games this gen everyone who has a vita and doesn't already have it should get it.

I just bought ~a week ago when I got my Vita. nearly 100%'d it.
it's a Katamari game alright. it's pretty hard; there just doesn't seem to be enough stuff to roll up at certain points, I think because of the limitations of the vita. and it's pretty short. but it's still a Katamari game, and I enjoyed every second of it. definitely worth it for under $4.

oh, and it has the coolest DLC stage ever.
Pacman.jpg

I'm definitely picking up My & My Katamari.

The AssCreed pricing looks tempting but i refused to buy anymore AssCreed games until they relocate their game settings outside of the western region..

Before these games ever begin, Ubisoft will proudly proclaim that AssCreed is a game developed by a team of mult-racial and nationality talents....but seriously, other than the 1st AssCreed, we've been playing around Europe & America for the longest time......can't they just move the AssCreed settings to Asia or back to the middle east again?
Revelations was in Constantinople

Top Bottom