• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN still down, internal testers online in various games though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrefpvs

Adamm said:
So since the PSN has been down my God of Ware 3 & Infamous trophies have reset to 0%

Will these fix themselves when I sync them with the server?

And if i get new trophies will they get added on aswell?

Every Trophy that you synched to the network is always safe. If you earn new ones, they'll also sync when PSN comes back.

Synless

Andrefpvs said:
Every Trophy that you synched to the network is always safe. If you earn new ones, they'll also sync when PSN comes back.
I've just been more curious as to why they are resetting to begin with. It honestly makes no sense that they would, but I have had several games reset to zero trophies the moment I started playing them since the network has been down.

Struct09

Andrefpvs said:

If I was the hacker breaking in, I would have broken the trophy case and taken all the trophies

Synless said:
I've just been more curious as to why they are resetting to begin with. It honestly makes no sense that they would, but I have had several games reset to zero trophies the moment I started playing them since the network has been down.
It's just some sort of glitch that happens when it can't sync with the server.

Synless

Solstice said:
So do people who never connect online always have their trophies erase when they play games? If so that is a huge problem!!!

Andrefpvs

Synless said:

The only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that some games do this when you re-install them or delete your game saves. The Trophy-installing algorithm probably checks first for those and then it installs Trophy data thinking it's the first time you're playing the game.

It could happen especially when changing consoles or downloading Trophy patches.

dubc35

It looks like some are trying to cash in on the situation. (Sorry if old)

sony.png

Synless

Andrefpvs said:
The only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that some games do this when you re-install them or delete your game saves. The Trophy-installing algorithm probably checks first for those and then it installs Trophy data thinking it's the first time you're playing the game.

It could happen especially when changing consoles or downloading Trophy patches.
I have done none of these things and some of the games that erased I had played just before the network went down.

see5harp

I have lost trophies in warhawk after a console switch. I don't know why but I lost my save with the YLOD console, reinstalled on my slim and lost every trophy that I got after expansions came out. Sorta pissed me off.

Solstice said:

Are you sure about that? The 0% thing happens when you play an old game (that you have >0% on) on a NEW PS3 console, since the local data needs to be refreshed with a sync (the server-side Trophy stats then will sync with your local "Trophy Collection").

DailyVacation

Neo Member
giancarlo123x said:
Am I the only one that thinks the opposite? I beat UC1 crushing in 2 days, I still havent beat UC2 crushing...maybe sometime this week if PSN isnt back up yet.

I'm trying to platinum UC1 right now; haven't gotten to crushing. Amazing game and still holds up despite its age!

jackdoe

corkscrewblow said:
It's easy enough on pad though
Yeah, most AI game balance for console exclusive games aren't designed for the precision of a M/KB and having support for that would break the game and make it too easy. Gears of War on the PC was a cakewalk due to the ease of a mouse and the Longshot.

DailyVacation

Neo Member
TacticalFox88 said:
Will online games run "better" as a result of this "upgrade" or are they just upgrading security rather than both servers and security?

Most likely just security. There hasn't been any announcement of any other enhancements in performance or the like.

Security, and the rise of confidence among existing and future users.

Persona7

Banned
If you lose trophies while offline they will just resync when you go back online it happened to me before when I didn't play Infamous for a long time.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Phreaker said:
EDGE - PSN Outage Begins To Hit Retail

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/psn-outage-begins-to-hit-retail

Retail sources told Edge that there has been a rise in systems being swapped for cash or Xbox 360s, and that sales of PSN points cards have plummeted.

Trade-ins are a concern, but the decline in sales of points cards is not. Of course they aren't selling now. There's no reason to think sales won't pick right back up again when PSN is back.

Of course, it must be noted that this is a small sample, and it seems that only those desperate for their online fix have taken the drastic step of ditching their PS3s entirely, but it is telling nonetheless.

I like how they discount the validity of the sampling yet conclude that it's somehow "telling" anyway. If your sample is small, non-random, and anecdotal, that's exactly what prevents it from being "telling."

sleepykyo

Alligatorjandro said:
I dont understand why people would sell their PS3's now.

It can't be that much longer,can it?

Patience wearing thin.

Or
Week 1: Happens to everyone once in a while, not a problem
Week 2: They're just being cautious, just means it'll be more secure
Week 3: Ok, they're blatantly incompetent and they can't close Pandora's box now that it is open

nexen

Alligatorjandro said:
I dont understand why people would sell their PS3's now.

It can't be that much longer,can it?
I completely understand selling off the ps3 at this point. What has happened once can happen again. Same way I understand people ditching the X360 after a RROD.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Yeah, it's a week.

I understand people are frustrated, but a week, or 3, isn't long at all.

Jesus, do people have no patience these days?
Exactly how patient are we expected to be? Sony really screwed the pooch on this one. A 3 week service outage is unacceptable.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
nexen said:
I completely understand selling off the ps3 at this point. What has happened once can happen again. Same way I understand people ditching the X360 after a RROD.
The PSN will eventually start working again.

The RROD'd 360... Not so much.

I think the people returning their ps3's are the ones who recently bought one with call of duty or whatever after psn went down. I can understand why someone would exchange for the mostly similar 360 in that case.

sleepykyo said:
Patience wearing thin.

Or
Week 1: Happens to everyone once in a while, not a problem
Week 2: They're just being cautious, just means it'll be more secure
Week 3: Ok, they're blatantly incompetent and they can't close Pandora's box now that it is open
A watched kettle doesn't boil.

The moment we get bored of waiting and think of something else, that's when it'll go back up.

Jomjom

Banned
At this point I'm hoping that PSN stays down longer. Why? Because I'm hoping that the longer PSN is down, the better the gifts we are going to get. I'm hoping for the scenario of "We apologize for PSN being down an entire year, to make it up to all you guys, everything on PSN is FREE!"

Am I crazy? Perhaps.

KaYotiX

Banned
Brazil said:
The PSN will eventually start working again.

The RROD'd 360... Not so much.

yeah but i had a working 360 back from MS in a week.

Still sad i cant buy my PS1 classics for my GO and FFIV Complete

Persona7

Banned
How come people always forgot about the shitty PS2 hardware?

I have gone through at least 14 of them including slims. I lost count.

Every single friend and family member of mine who owned a PS2 had to get it replaced at least once.

PS3s manufactured in the first 2 years are not exactly high quality either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom