• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN still down, internal testers online in various games though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrefpvs

Persona7 said:
How come people always forgot about the shitty PS2 hardware?

I have gone through at least 14 of them including slims. I lost count.

Every single friend and family member of mine who owned a PS2 had to get it replaced at least once.

Still better than these lead-free, over-heating fragile pieces of crap we're stuck with this generation.

sleepykyo

jling84 said:
At this point I'm hoping that PSN stays down longer. Why? Because I'm hoping that the longer PSN is down, the better the gifts we are going to get. I'm hoping for the scenario of "We apologize for PSN being down an entire year, to make it up to all you guys, everything on PSN is FREE!"

Am I crazy? Perhaps.

The only person or rather legal entity that is getting better gifts from this Microsoft as the sales ratios are going to favor the 360 more than usual.

nexen

Brazil said:
The PSN will eventually start working again.

The RROD'd 360... Not so much.
When will it go down again though? The point is that it is a breach of consumer trust. I've lost some confidence in Sony's ability to properly manage an online service and may switch my multiplayer gaming back over to x360 because of it.

Something I thought about. This Sony backlash is pretty pathetic. All this hate because people believe Sony is some sort of super-protected, unmovable force? No one is 100% guaranteed protected. If this were your friend's computer or phone that was hacked or stolen and had your contact information and you weren't told until 6 days later, I'm sure you'd be little less extreme, just saying. This sheepish gang up on the evil company is laughable.

I have no idea what's been going on in this thread. I've been banned and wanted to talk about this haha.

Glix

Persona7 said:

Every single friend and family member of mine who owned a PS2 had to get it replaced at least once.

PS3s manufactured in the first 2 years are not exactly high quality either.

I'm only on my 4th!

B-Dex

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Something I thought about. This Sony backlash is pretty pathetic. All this hate because people believe Sony is some sort of super-protected, unmovable force? No one is 100% guaranteed protected. If this were your friend's computer or phone that was hacked or stolen and had your contact information and you weren't told until 6 days later, I'm sure you'd be little less extreme, just saying. This sheepish gang up on the evil company is laughable.

I have no idea what's been going on in this thread. I've been banned and wanted to talk about this haha.

Most people aren't billionaire multi-nationals last I checked.

Fantasmo

Brazil said:
The PSN will eventually start working again.

The RROD'd 360... Not so much.

Some people have more money than free time or patience.

MoonsaultSlayer said:

If Verizon's cell network went down for three full weeks and I couldn't use my phone for calls due to security hacks, I'd switch and never look back. If Verizon held off on telling me my information was gone, I'd move to another cell network as soon as possible. Sony is fortunate they have offline games or I'd have jumped ship after the first week.

reKon

Banned
user friendly said:
I don't blame people for returning or trading in their PS3. This is getting ridiculous and people just want to play online :(

you don't blame them? Their loss when they miss out on Infamous 2! It is ridiculous that PSN is still down, but I also find it ridiculous that black ops is the only game people know and can't fucking play any cheap good PS3 that can help hold them over. And before you get annoyed with me, I'm talking about general gamers here, not those who purchased Portal 2, MK9, or anyone who has already played a lot of of their single player games.

I didn't think that PSN would be down this long and it's not a good look, but Sony has to do what it has to do to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Persona7 said:

14?! My launch 20000 PS2 started to have DRE errors about 2-3 years or less into it's life, yes...but a (temporary) lens cleaning method fixed that for a little bit. Once the Slims came out in 2005 was it, I never had an issue again.

Psi

Persona7 said:

Only my launch PS2 died. I bought another fatty and a slim, both still work. Guess I'm lucky.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Persona7 said:

Man that..sucks..

I own 3 PS2s (phat, slim, and Japanese slim) and never had a single issue. In fact I've never had a single console die on me in 20 years of gaming. The scariest thing I had happen was my PS3 HD getting corrupted but the system is still fine. I have, however, never owned a 360 so I wonder if I would've dodged that bullet.

Fantasmo

Akainu said:
If you don't have any of those things this is the wrong hobby.

Please, explain to me how if someone has money, yet not a lot of free time or patience to wait more than three weeks for a company to get their online back up, that that person shouldn't be playing video games as a hobby. I've gotta hear this, because I happen to think this is the perfect hobby for that scenario.

Deft Beck

Persona7 said:

I've never had to do much about any of my consoles.

*Sent off a Gamecube to fix read issues
*DS Lite screen flickering resulted in another trip to Nintendo repair
*replaced a PSP with a busted screen via store warranty

Otherwise, I've had my phat PS2 since 2002 and it doesn't miss a beat.

junkster said:
Some people have more money than free time or patience.

If Verizon's cell network went down for three full weeks and I couldn't use my phone for calls due to security hacks, I'd switch and never look back. If Verizon held off on telling me my information was gone, I'd move to another cell network as soon as possible. Sony is fortunate they have offline games or I'd have jumped ship after the first week.

Very true. If Sony was simply offering a service, I'd understand the hate and backlash. If I could purchase/play every game I own on any system, I too would jump ship even if it meant having to pay to play Warhawk and Uncharted 2 online with XBL service.

But it's not like that. I'm not going to blame Sony with scathing hatred over an error that can't be proven was seen from a mile away or easily prevented.

I seriously cannot understand how people go over more then 3 consoles, let alone 10+ oO

I mean... I don't even know how you can break that many, but even weirder is how you keep going back.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Wheeliedude said:
I've never had to do much about any of my consoles.

*Sent off a Gamecube to fix read issues
*DS Lite screen flickering resulted in another trip to Nintendo repair
*replaced a PSP with a busted screen via store warranty

Otherwise, I've had my phat PS2 since 2002 and it doesn't miss a beat.

Actually only 2 consoles that ever broke where the xbox and 360 and I 've been gaming since the SMS. Xbox had a fried power supply I had to replace and the 360 had the RROD. All the other consoles never had any problems.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I have a Slim that still hasn't been used much but it gets so fucking hot when I play a game. I think the entire room is at least 10 degrees warmer when that thing is running.

Hammer

This doesn't bother me so much since I have been really busy, but there is a classic title I wanted to pick up from the psn store since it went down. I'm really wondering why they wouldn't at least let you purchase/download off the web site for transfer to the ps3 with a flash drive or something. :/

Quick question from someone who hasn't played a ps3 for a while.

How is the online community? Are mic users more frequent now? Besides the AAA shooters, do other game's online mp hold up still?

Clipper

Hammer said:
This doesn't bother me so much since I have been really busy, but there is a classic title I wanted to pick up from the psn store since it went down. I'm really wondering why they wouldn't at least let you purchase/download off the web site for transfer to the ps3 with a flash drive or something. :/
The website uses the same database to get your information from. If they could put it up, they could put up the PS3 store too.

LeCapitan

Neo Member
Persona7 said:

My launch PS2 still works to this day. *Knock on wood*

StuBurns

Banned
My PS2 can't transition to the second layer on DVDs, other than that it worked last time I hooked it up, I don't know where it is though.

chickdigger802 said:

How is the online community? Are mic users more frequent now? Besides the AAA shooters, do other game's online mp hold up still?

Modnation Racers and LittleBigPlanet 2 were still frequented as well as MvC3. Never been in anything without a mic user.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Bwahahaha. Carnagenist (Go from level 1 to 100 in the item world without exiting) unlocked along with the Level 90/Trophy shop trophy in Disgaea 3. Leaves the stupid luck pirate ones and making some slimes to reverse pirate pirate people within 3 turns. >_<

alstein

chickdigger802 said:

Fighters hold up well on PS3, except for HDR.
That said, I think some folks are leaving when PSN comes back.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
chickdigger802 said:
Are mic users more frequent now?

Derp herp friendlists are hard.

I'm deaf. Take my bitterness of mic elitists with a grain of salt.

A lot of people give the launch PS3s shit, but my launch 60 gig is still working great. And I know so many people are going to tell me to trade it up for a slim, but there's no need. My 60 works great.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Solstice said:
A lot of people give the launch PS3s shit, but my launch 60 gig is still working great. And I know so many people are going to tell me to trade it up for a slim, but there's no need. My 60 works great.

Frankly I never understood people wanting to "Trade up" for something that does exactly the same thing. Unless your ps3 broke there is never a need to buy a new revision of it... people will buy anything jeez...

Fantasmo

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Very true. If Sony was simply offering a service, I'd understand the hate and backlash. If I could purchase/play every game I own on any system, I too would jump ship even if it meant having to pay to play Warhawk and Uncharted 2 online with XBL service.

But it's not like that. I'm not going to blame Sony with scathing hatred over an error that can't be proven was seen from a mile away or easily prevented.

I don't understand this.

If I were Sony, I'd RATHER have you hate my guts with every ounce of your body than sell your PS3. As long as your wallet is feeding me, I don't care what you say.

Now if you do both, that's scary to Sony.

At least this downtime is causing lots of entertainment on other "communities":

HJ908 said:
Hey dumbasses this is HiramJ. I hope you all are enjoying your PSN down time. Ever since Sunday i've been gaming on my 360. and not Live or call of duty. I've move just about all my games that I had on my Ps3 to my 360. Except for Castlevania:LoS and FF XIII i'm keeping them for my Ps3 along with the exclusives. My Ps3 has been collecting dust since then I got no reson to turn it on.

Oh and one last thing i'm through with on online gaming. offline games without multiplayer added on are real games not all thes other shit games. You Ps3 fanboys and trophy hores can go do this.

http://www.gagreport.com/Funny_Pictu...-08/wanker.gif

GOOD BYE !!!!

via http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/1776458-post6118.html

No offense to the good apples of the PS3Trophies.org community.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
DarkoMaledictus said:
Frankly I never understood people wanting to "Trade up" for something that does exactly the same thing. Unless your ps3 broke there is never a need to buy a new revision of it... people will buy anything jeez...

I'm considering "trading up" at the moment. My launch 60GB still works fine, but I'm getting kinda scared at all the YLOD talk. Seems like a lot of early units have bit the dust, and I do notice that my PS3 does put out some heat.
So I'm thinking that if I could get at least $200 for it via Craigslist, and use the $100 off a new PS3 coupon at Gamestop, it'll be an even swap.
I'd lose PS2 bc, but that's no longer important to me as I haven't popped a PS2 disc in there in ages. I'd gain a new unit with an extra 100GB of space, consumes less energy, and is under warranty.

BY2K

Membero Americo
PSN was working at my work today, we could play co-op. (Not saying what game, I can't anyway.)

Everybody was clueless but, somehow it was working.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BY2K said:
PSN was working at my work today, we could play co-op. (Not saying what game, I can't anyway.)

Everybody was clueless but, somehow it was working.

How's Assassin's Creed Revelations coming along?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom