• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

kpx0 said:
the ugly thing is that when (if) PSN Store finally does open, the 20+ million gamers trying to download their 2 free games at the same time are going to shut down PSN again... its going to be like a Walmart during Black Friday.

I visited Walmart the morning after Black Friday. Oh boy, was I disgusted. The entire place was like an abandoned warzone.

But I agree the free games download is going to be a challenge for them to manage.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just hope that you're online when the store goes up and download what you want right away or else you might not get them for a few days.

Fuzzy said:
Just hope that you're online when the store goes up and download what you want right away or else you might not get them for a few days.

Yep. Which is why we need to keep on top of this and get on the Store minute 1, redeem codes, download the new releases like Outland, and get the hell out of there before the kiddies and average joes come to claim their free games (all of which I've already played).

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
jetsetfluken said:
Yep. Which is why we need to keep on top of this and get on the Store minute 1, redeem codes, download the new releases like Outland, and get the hell out of there before the kiddies and average joes come to claim their free games (all of which I've already played).

neoGAF: The last bastion of intelligent adult hardcore gamers.

kamorra said:
neoGAF: The last bastion of intelligent adult hardcore gamers.
Lol

It is crazy how we put down 'casual' gamers and games and yet feel like our opinions reflect the market as a whole when we cast doom and gloom on things.

Makoto

Twitter is being relentless about the PSN Store. Rightly so.

PlayStation: See exactly what you'll get in the UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer beta-
THE ENTIRE WORLD: WHO GIVES A SHIT WHEN'S THE STORE GOING UP?

Ettie

vidal said:
Twitter is being relentless about the PSN Store. Rightly so.

PlayStation: See exactly what you'll get in the UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer beta-
THE ENTIRE WORLD: WHO GIVES A SHIT WHEN'S THE STORE GOING UP?

If it motivates them to work faster, good.

This happened right before I was to start a PSN spendathon. Soooo pissed at hacking groups right now.

F-Pina

Ettie said:
If it motivates them to work faster, good.

This happened right before I was to start a PSN spendathon. Soooo pissed at hacking groups right now.

You can still spend when it comes back up, there is such a cool game coming out... ahem :p

Pyri

Neo Member
Imagine Sony's E3 presentation announcing the return of the store...

No, while everyone else is announcing new things they are promoting the return to normality for them? No. This simply cannot be true. The shame would be unpackable.

It's already May 31th here in Europe. So this has to be the day or I see Sony in a really miserable situation.

Brannon

They, Sony, a Japanese company based in Japan, are using the US for their time table, and not Japan.

If this isn't 'down to the wire', I don't know what is.

GeoramA said:
People joked about this, but I see it as a real possibility now. I hope Jack or Kaz don't hold for applause.

It would be absolutely embarrassing if they think that would be a "good" thing to mention...

I wanna play Under Siege :(

duckroll

kamorra said:
But changing the password is possible, right? Because that's what I just did on my HK account.

Only because you're not actually living in HK! Thanks for the heads up though, I just did that too. I wasn't even able to do that the other day when they restored services to Asia. But if you actually live in HK, I'm pretty sure the IP detection will still prevent you from changing the password for any region.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
GeoramA said:
People joked about this, but I see it as a real possibility now. I hope Jack or Kaz don't hold for applause.

They're gonna give everyone in the audience free PSN cards

15d10eh.gif

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
duckroll said:
Only because you're not actually living in HK! Thanks for the heads up though, I just did that too. I wasn't even able to do that the other day when they restored services to Asia. But if you actually live in HK, I'm pretty sure the IP detection will still prevent you from changing the password for any region.

Yeah, I'm not living in HK.

Used-ID

Metalmurphy said:
It would be absolutely embarrassing if they think that would be a "good" thing to mention...

But they will mention it during E3. Repeatedly. For 40+ minutes. There will be multiple video clips of "average" and "hip" gamers playing on the 'new' PSN. There will be video clips of old and new and even unreleased PSN games. Sony will mention again that it is free. Sony will say that they have roughly XXX-many millions of users on PSN. And Sony will be proud.

3-5 minutes for the new portable, and no Last Guardian

Susurrus

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...including-playstation-store-return-this-week/

TL;DR Ver: PSN will be 100% except JP/SK/HK by end of week.

This press release just hit the wire – PlayStation Store and related services (like voucher redemption) back this week:
SONY AND SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCE FULL RESTORATION OF PLAYSTATION®NETWORK SERVICES
Tokyo, May 31, 2011 – Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation®Network services in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea by the end of this week. The company will also resume Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs. Details for Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea as well as the remaining services on Qriocity will be announced as they become available.
The company implemented considerable security enhancements to the network infrastructure, as well as conducted testing of the payment process and commerce functions. The first phase of PlayStation Network and Qriocity restoration began on May 15 in the Americas and Europe/PAL territories, followed by Japan and Asian countries and regions on May 28, when the company brought partial services back online. With this partial restoration users were able to access to some of the services such as online game play, account management, friend lists and chat functionality were restored. The full restoration of PlayStation Network as well as part of services to become available on Qriocity will include:
• Full functionality on PlayStation®Store
• In-game commerce
• Ability to redeem vouchers and codes
• Full functionality on Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3, PSP, VAIO and
other PCs
• Full functionality on Media Go
Customers will be able to purchase and download games and video content from the PlayStation®Store on PS3 or PSP. In addition, consumers will have full access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity through PS3, PSP, VAIO and other PC’s. Service restoration of Video on Demand powered by Qriocity™ and Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for a variety of network-enabled Sony devices will be announced later.
“We have been conducting additional testing and further security verification of our commerce functions in order to bring the PlayStation Network completely back online so that our fans can again enjoy the first class entertainment experience they have come to love,” said Kazuo Hirai, Executive Deputy President, Sony Corporation. “We appreciate the patience and support shown during this time.”
The company will be offering customers a “Welcome Back” package of services and premium content to all registered PlayStation Network* and Qriocity account services. The details of this program will continue to be detailed regionally.
* Only available for those countries with access to PlayStation®Store.
We will update the PlayStation Blog when the PlayStation Store is once again open for business.

Wonder if it will IP block the store like it did PSN for those of us in Japan w/ US accounts...Guess there's no way to know until it happens.

With Sony leaving everything until the last possible second, I predict the store won't be back before June 5th and even then the service will be intermittent/rolled out based on region with the US getting it first in an attempt to avoid further embarrassment at their conference, which just so happens to be taking place a few hours later.

:/

Varion

Susurrus said:
> Back this week
> Not for Japan
> End of May already
For fuck's sake.

I'm really beginning to wonder if it'll even be up for the 23rd in Japan at this rate, at which point my PSP Go will have missed two months of releases already. The only thing that seems to be pushing Sony to get a move on is E3.

Man it's cool to be living in Japan... not so much if you're a PSN user though... Way to shaft your homebase Sony Japan. :(

I just want to access the store for a couple of hours. That's all. :/

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Store back up this week? YES!
Need to get a PSN Card asap.

DAT SSFIV AE

Upsidedown Fuji said:
Man it's cool to be living in Japan... not so much if you're a PSN user though... Way to shaft your homebase Sony Japan. :(

Being a 360 owner in Japan owned if you weren't caught up about certain things. Games are incredibly cheap and there was usually a great selection in all the places I used to frequent.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
F-Pina said:
You can still spend when it comes back up, there is such a cool game coming out... ahem :p

Still day one! Just about thirty days after the day one I thought it would be.

This whole mess has been a depressing reminder of how little concern gamers have for the people who make games for them, but I guess that was always the way.

Gacha-pin

Upsidedown Fuji said:

I'm OK if I can access to US store same as I did before the outage. But if the store will get an country filter or something...:(

Dragon

Banned
mikespit1200 said:
Anyone think that Sony will take this extra time to redesign the entire storefront for a complete visual and security overhaul?

I think Sony has enough on its plate without redesigning the Store visually. The Store is fine for what it is anyway. Much better than when it launched.

Urban Scholar said:
Oh hello broken promises... any who I hope they take into account how we all push through the front door ala Walmart imagery.
That makes me wonder if they'll announce a specific time or stay quiet for a while and let people find out for themselves. Or maybe they're confident that their servers can handle it.

Dunan

Susurrus said:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...including-playstation-store-return-this-week/

Wonder if it will IP block the store like it did PSN for those of us in Japan w/ US accounts...Guess there's no way to know until it happens.

I'm a US account holder in Japan too. IP-geolocation is a scourge and needs to stop -- Sony wouldn't even let me add funds to my wallet to the US store using a US credit card and a US home address because my IP address wasn't in the US! Remember when the internet was supposed to be something that broke down national and linguistic borders and brought people together?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Mechanical Snowman said:
That makes me wonder if they'll announce a specific time or stay quiet for a while and let people find out for themselves. Or maybe they're confident that their servers can handle it.
I expect a blog post about it just after it goes live just like they did when they were rolling out the PSN.

The "What's New" portion of the XMB (in Europe) seems to have updated. There are new items there now and they all say 31/05 under them. Also, instead of a stop sign when clicking, it now tries to open the store and then says it's under maintenance. (This might be like this for a while, haven't tried the store in a few days now)

snap0212

I don't understand why people seem to be happy about the announcement that everything is going to be up by the end of the week. I see it more like "Well, next deadline missed".

TheGuardian said:
The "What's New" portion of the XMB (in Europe) seems to have updated. There are new items there now and they all say 31/05 under them. Also, instead of a stop sign when clicking, it now tries to open the store and then says it's under maintenance. (This might be like this for a while, haven't tried the store in a few days now)

It's been like that for a few days. It was showing Outland a couple of days ago. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom