• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN (Vita/PSP/PS4/PS3) Downloads Thread Z | January 2014 | The Legendary Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I was thinking PSN, but if you'd prefer (Vita/PS3/PS4) or whatever I'm open for suggestions.

I prefer Vita/PS3/PS4. Anything in the title that gives some....encouragement for Vita discussion. I feel that without Vita in the title the chances of Vita discussion getting drowned out is even bigger.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
While i understand the reason of a single thread it will be totally not pratical for us users imo, it's not so rare to read here of someone complaining about this thread moving too fast, and vitabros are few!
Now think of this same thread but with ps3 and ps4 users too, will be impossible to have a discussion about something without searching for posts every single time, every post about something will be followed by too many posts about other arguments.
Honestly i really don't like the idea, vitagaf is the gaf i prefer, without it i would lose a very big reason to follow gaf.

Edit:
actually i think it would sort of make more sense home console, handheld, pc threads instead of sony, nintendo and ms threads.

ZeroAKA

Honestly, I'd rather have a dedicated Vita thread remain in Community if that were an option. Either way, I'd continue posting in whatever topic the Vita owners here migrate to.

Skyzard

Banned
While i understand the reason of a single thread it will be totally not pratical for us users imo, it's not so rare to read here of someone complaining about this thread moving too fast, and vitabros are few!
Now think of this same thread but with ps3 and ps4 users too, will be impossible to have a discussion about something without searching for posts every single time, every post about something will be followed by too many posts about other arguments.
Honestly i really don't like the idea, vitagaf is the gaf i prefer, without it i would lose a very big reason to follow gaf.

I'll start all my posts with Vitabros in bold and coloured just for you :)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Well part of the hope here is honestly if there are 10-20 of you interested in discussion Spelunky and hosting daily challenges, that would actually show up in the Spelunky OT instead of here.

The same goes for a group of people chronicling their way through Persona 4: Golden or so on.

Skyzard

Banned
What about Spelunky on PC and on 360? Should they join the discussion in the PSN thread too?

:S

Doesn't really sort that much out. Not that many titles are cross-play or cross-buy, differences between versions. Many are multiplat across different system brands. People on PS3/4 won't be bothered to play indies. People interested in what's available on their own platform will struggle to find relevant posts to them or from posters they recognise/trust etc etc. lots of crap, but let's give it a go since we have no option or backup forum.

Might take a while before someone actually bothers to update the OP though?

baekshi

Banned
Honestly, I'd rather have a dedicated Vita thread remain in Community if that were an option. Either way, I'd continue posting in whatever topic the Vita owners here migrate to.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a Megathread of PSP/ VIta in the Community.

It was fun until it lasted.

we single handedly saved the vita... and now it will die with this thread.

where can i talk about vita stuff now with no dedicated community thread?
seriously [/spolier]

i do see their reasoning though.

this is going to be hard keeping track of everyone thread hopping now.

quickly! start sharing psn names before you're lost forever into the nether of neogaf.

mine - wutdaheckman - include a message of your gaf id if its not obvious.

when is this going into effect anyways? is this thread going to be locked soon?

Massa

Well part of the hope here is honestly if there are 10-20 of you interested in discussion Spelunky and hosting daily challenges, that would actually show up in the Spelunky OT instead of here.

The same goes for a group of people chronicling their way through Persona 4: Golden or so on.

There's not 10-20 people but 2 or 3. There was one person who bought Castlestorm for example. The only way these games get discussed at all is by having this thread.

Skyzard

Banned
To be honest, it might be nice seeing shitloads more vita-specific threads popping up with the central one going down. Won't be as convenient or awesome I know.

Vita thread was the best, usually the first result when I searched for vita things on google, seeing so many posts for Vita is what brought me here. Although that also sort of confuses me as I am the vita.

Maedhros

Well guys, so I think I won't discuss about the Vita on this forum anymore... any alternatives?

If I can't have a place where I can enjoy discussion with people who enjoy the platform, without any "no games" or "why isn't X on PS4, why don't Sony kill the Vita?". Hell, sometimes we got some of these posts around here, it'll get a lot worse on a thread full of PS3/PS4 owners.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'll start all my posts with Vitabros in bold and coloured just for you :)
That's a good idea!

Again imo this seems to be not comfortable to users, if someone has just little questions or comments for 3 different games he has to find and resume 3 different threads that will be fastly surpassed by other threads resumed successively for the same reason, the first gaming page would move really fast and if a game is old, unknown or bombed its thread will fall fast from the first page and the question or comment will remain unread.

Are you kidding me?

So not only did we have to add it, we had to spend it too?

Nowhere does it say that. I'm still waiting for my $10 back too. But now that seems unlikely.

Keep us posted.

Ended up talking to a manager, he apologized and said the other guy misunderstood since most of the recent promo's required spending a specific amount. He then said I do qualify but he didn't have the list with the codes yet and to give it another day or so.

Just checked my email and got my credit. Guess I should have just waited a bit longer.

Acid08

Banned
Well guys, so I think I won't discuss about the Vita on this forum anymore... any alternatives?

If I can't have a place where I can enjoy discussion with people who enjoy the platform, without any "no games" or "why isn't X on PS4, why don't Sony kill the Vita?". Hell, sometimes we got some of these posts around here, it'll get a lot worse on a thread full of PS3/PS4 owners.
Way to overreact. The least we could do is stick around and see how the new thread works out.

Maligna

Banned
Been thinking of getting Silent Hill: Book of Memories while I wait for Diablo III to show up on PS4. Good idea? Bad idea?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The idea is refocusing all the threads on the storefronts, quick impressions, small questions, and etc rather than suctioning up the vast majority of discussion of a platform into one thread.

The other option was nuking the thread into oblivion, but I argued you'd like this better!

It's really like you put a gun onto our heads when asking about our 'opinion' on the matter, Nirolak, hahaha.

Well... it's not like I don't understand why you guys are doing it. I don't like it, I really don't, but I guess I--and any of the regular folks here--
have no say in this matter whatsoever.

Shinriji

we single handedly saved the vita... and now it will die with this thread.

where can i talk about vita stuff now with no dedicated community thread?
seriously [/spolier]

i do see their reasoning though.

this is going to be hard keeping track of everyone thread hopping now.

quickly! start sharing psn names before you're lost forever into the nether of neogaf.

mine - wutdaheckman - include a message of your gaf id if its not obvious.

when is this going into effect anyways? is this thread going to be locked soon?
At least we got this :)

DkRQvOK.jpg

I miss NY so much.

Skyzard

Banned
Casual vitabros may be lost. Regulars will stick around but quieten down for a while and see how the thread pans out. Maybe there will be more vita specific threads in the future which would be a good thing really. The Terraria port on Vita still hasn't had its own thread since release afaik and I'm sure lots will be curious about that, they won't have to be such impressive ops either, just regular questions as you see for other platforms, but just not as much in a specific thread.

[Vita/PSP & PS4/PS3] PSN Shit - January 2014

perfecto

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm around this forum for years to know how this will end, thank you. Call it overreaction if you want.

Well... hopefully it'll be different.

But even if you look for "someplace else", I don't think you will find it in GAF though since everything in here is hit by the new rules... maybe you need to look outside GAF for that.

I also don't like it, and I generally share your sentiment, but we have no choice but to see how it's going to turn out. One again, hopefully things can be different than what you envision it'll gonna be.

We'll it has been fun! Really hope that the great community that has formed here continues with the format change.

Yeah, hopefully. Let's continue to stick together, my VitaGAF <3 Love you all (though I am not sure whether you love me or not, hahahaha)

baekshi

Banned
Casual vitabros may be lost. Regulars will stick around but quieten down for a while and see how the thread pans out. Maybe there will be more vita specific threads in the future which would be a good thing really. The Terraria port on Vita still hasn't had its own thread since release afaik and I'm sure lots will be curious about that, they won't have to be such impressive ops either, just regular questions as you see for other platforms, but just not as much in a specific thread.

[Vita/PSP & PS4/PS3] PSN Shit - January 2014

perfecto

You forgot VitaTV.

It exists.

I'm against mixing it up with PS3 and PS4 too.

Is the megathread in the Community side possible? Would probably gather less new Vita owners, but the current format works wonders to discuss smaller, niche titles and to have a general view of the handheld. I absolutely adore this thread; it single handedly made me buy a Vita, which is becoming one of my favourite gaming platforms ever.

Oh, and keeping the PSP is great; we can talk about some older titles when necro bumping seems not nice (it is frowned upon here, isn't it?) and about the upcoming titles, which sometimes might not be big enough to warrant a new thread.

It would be great if you could update the OP of this thread itself, and then I'll update the title to reflect the new more expansive topic domain.
I'm not sure you can expect Aytrial to just revamp the thread at a drop of a dime. He might not even be interested in taking on the additional workload... I mean right now he puts a certain amount of effort into highlighting particular games, posting info about Japanese releases, etc. Is he expected to do that for the other platforms too? Will he need to scale back on the Vita stuff if not to make them all equal?

OmegaZero

Honestly, I'm pretty sure most of us knew this was coming. I haven't been posting as much as I used to, but even I could notice that this was basically the previous series of Vita megathreads in everything but name (which I personally have no issues with).

I'll try to contribute more to the new thread in the hopes of maintaining Vita-based discussion. Hopefully it'll all work out for VitaGAF.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Holy shit, people weren't kidding about the slowdown on FF:T PSP. It's pretty bad. How did this get by QA?

It's unbearable, because it rears its ugly head *every time* someone pulls off a special move, which is all the time in FFT.

Well someone released a hack to fix it, but you can't play the "correct" one in the Vita, only CFW-ed PSP.

Zhao_Yun

Yeah, hopefully. Let's continue to stick together, my VitaGAF <3 Love you all (though I am not sure whether you love me or not, hahahaha)

We love you for importing Japanese Vita games!

I can understand the reasoning behind this move but I am also worried that the atmosphere of this thread will change. Following this thread actually convinced my to buy a Vita and it was always nice to get information on niche Vita-titles.
Just have to wait and see, I guess.

Skyzard

Banned
Honestly, I'm pretty sure most of us knew this was coming. I haven't been posting as much as I used to, but even I could notice that this was basically the previous series of Vita megathreads in everything but name (which I personally have no issues with).

I'll try to contribute more to the new thread in the hopes of maintaining Vita-based discussion. Hopefully it'll all work out for VitaGAF.

Vitabros form VitaGAF thread
*VitaGAF gets re-branded in the form of hiding the purpose of the thread ever so slightly more
Vitabros enter GAF after humiliation but sense overwhelming negativity in all forms towards the thing they're here to talk about
Vitabros become more modest (for a while), put on cloaks, and enter secret VitaGAF thread :p

*repeat here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom