• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN (Vita/PSP/PS4/PS3) Downloads Thread Z | January 2014 | The Legendary Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Probably not a good idea to protest too much longer. It won't end well.

I think I'm going to reinstall Everybody's Golf. Go me.

Smoky is wise .. listen to him. At this point, its about adaptation. Push forward, post as much as you can about the Vita.

What? Why? Do we get banned or bullied if we say that we don't like a big forced change made in a matter of hours? That's not a good behavior and we have the right to discuss about this with no fear of consequences.

I was aware of this change because i was awake at the 2 am(in Italy), if i went to bed in a decent hour i would wake up without knowing anything and wondering where the old Vita thread was, is this normal for you?

Hasney

I read earlier in a post about some sort of vita GOW collection that they hope it's better than the Jak ports. Are the Vita Jak games playable? I have them from +, but not started them yet.

ReaperXL7

Alright guys, so I have been away from VitaGaf threads for too long. Anyone want to recommend me a couple games that have come out in the last month or or two thats not Terraria(already bought that)?

Also just incase anyone is interested. The Vita Lounge has invited VitaGaf to use its forums for dedicated Vita discussion http://thevitalounge.net/forum/index.php

Manac0r

No thoughts on FInal Fantasy Tactics for the Vita? Just concerned about the lag? How does it hold up to Tactics Ogre?

Shinriji

Played a lot of Hatsune Miku F2 demo. Gameplay feels way better than f (my timing is improved a lot and the charts are good as well), and the graphics are definetly upgraded. Still isn't native res, but have a better framerate and not feel so blurred and jaggied than the first game (just like Soul Sacrifice Delta). Loading is huge, as always.

But UtaKumi 575 is the real thing. A mix of music game and visual novel (dating sim?). Importing for sure.

Neptunia PP is weird, not really sure that I want to grow Nep Nep to be a Idol. When the US version is released and I can play with Noire, maaybe...

jonno394

I read earlier in a post about some sort of vita GOW collection that they hope it's better than the Jak ports. Are the Vita Jak games playable? I have them from +, but not started them yet.

I played the first from beginning to end and found it entirely playable. Then I saw youtube videos of teh PS3 version and realised the Vita one looked rather slow in comparison, but this didn't affect my enjoyment.

Oh, man, I totally forgot I picked this up for $5 a few weeks ago. Shame, lol. The MP is asynchronous, correct? I remember you guys had a lobby or something going when I first joined. If that's still a thing I want to be added.

There's Asynchronous MP as well as online lobbies and Daily International Tournaments, and you can play PSV and PS3 users last I checked. (Haven't played in months though)

Maedhros

No thoughts on FInal Fantasy Tactics for the Vita? Just concerned about the lag? How does it hold up to Tactics Ogre?

FFT on PSP drops the framerate to half when you use an special attack. It really sucks. It's one of the instances where I care about the framerate (and only because it's not consistent).

A patch corrected this on the PSP, so that's where I recommend people to play the game, if they own one.

What? Why? Do we get banned or bullied if we say that we don't like a big forced change made in a matter of hours? That's not a good behavior and we have the right to discuss about this with no fear of consequences.

I was aware of this change because i was awake at the 2 am(in Italy), if i went to bed in a decent hour i would wake up without knowing anything and wondering where the old Vita thread was, is this normal for you?

This isn't out of the ordinary unfortunately. I've seen a change like this before and read a response from a mod that said "If you don't like it you could always start your own forum" when it was questioned why.

It is best to just move on and go with the rules if you want to keep your account. Once they make their mind up it really isn't open to debate or discussion. I don't agree on this stance but it is what it is.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
FFT's lag is built in. I'd skip it or wait for the mobile releases (it's out on iPhone but not Android). But if you don't have a smart phone that supports it, buy it. It's a a great game and worth suffering through a few technical problems for.

After a few months of posting on Reddit, I find that this response is akin to "I'm not enjoying this gruel they're feeding me, I'll try having a taste of what came out of the dogs arse last night."
Yeah, I think it'll hard to stomach either way.

JimPanzer

apart from the lag tactics ogre looks much better on the vita IMO. the oled does magic to the colors and the picture does not blur as much as it does in FFT.

sajj316

Not at all. If the mods allow it, we can continue to discuss our grievances in this thread but I'd rather continue to discuss the Vita and not clutter this thread. Listen, I didn't like the way it was done as it was just a post saying that we are doing this and its an "upgrade" for you. But, what's done is done and I don't see how we (as a community) will get a dedicated Vita thread in the foreseeable future.

The Vita community is small but loud. Niche but not Naive about what others think of the platform. I've already asked the mods to keep a watch on this thread so it doesn't become a Vita-bashing thread. If Vita discussion gets drowned out in this thread, we can take this back to the mods and say .. "see, I told you so". Until then, keep pumping away!

Dr. Buni

This isn't out of the ordinary unfortunately. I've seen a change like this before and read a response from a mod that said "If you don't like it you could always start your own forum" when it was questioned why.

It is best to just move on and go with the rules if you want to keep your account. Once they make their mind up it really isn't open to debate or discussion. I don't agree on this stance but it is what it is.
Mods are like that in essentially every forum I ever participated, so I don't even try to argue about changes I don't approve anymore. It is sad, but we have to deal with it.

Anyway, a question for Vitamins that have fighting games on their Vitas: Did you people notice any issues with the buttons after playing fighting games? I really want to buy MvsC3 for the Vita, but I am so scared of ruining my Vita's buttons. They aren't replaceable like PS3 controllers :s

So this is like following the industry trend for streamlining everything now? Exactly what we need.

Except in this case, streamlining actually means making an even bigger, more unwieldy thread. Personally, I'm not crazy about the decision, since VitaGAF was the one thread on Gaming side where I felt comfortable posting (even if I never made it anywhere near the Wall of Shame). What's done is done, though, and maybe it's best to try and look for a silver lining...like, now the thread's not just for those random, obscure Vita games like Sparkle and Men's Room Mayhem, but also for random, obscure PS3/4 games, like Twisted Lands, that hidden object PS3 game coming out today that I'm oddly excited for.
Probably not, but it can't hurt to be positive, right?

Probably not a good idea to protest too much longer. It won't end well.

I think I'm going to reinstall Everybody's Golf. Go me.

I didn't give Hot Shots Golf nearly enough of a chance first time around. I keep waiting for it to get cheaper in North America, but it never has, as far as I can tell.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ohh got my $10 credit and no broken sword 5 in sight

will i finally play tactics ogre psp? or tomba! maybe even alundra?

the choices are many...

So the Vita thread is the PSN thread for all of the Sony platforms now? I skimmed the last few pages for an explanation, but it still didn't entirely clear up why such a focused, useful and popular thread would be squashed like that.

Shinriji

Anyway, a question for Vitamins that have fighting games on their Vitas: Did you people notice any issues with the buttons after playing fighting games? I really want to buy MvsC3 for the Vita, but I am so scared of ruining my Vita's buttons. They aren't replaceable like PS3 controllers :s

Vita build is very good, and I don't see any reports of button failures. I have a lot of fighting games on vita and the buttons are still awesome as day 1.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
While I admit the change isn't particularly to my liking I can accept it. I did come in here and not necessarily post a lot but read what's going on often. The thread wasn't exactly lacking traffic. It was a very healthy thread considering the Vita's current market condition. Goes to show how dedicated and good the little device is.

We will just have to learn to adapt but that's not to say the last thread wasn't already viable but the traffic will be picking up.

IT'S SOMETHING!

I've noticed I have a small squeaking when I press the left trigger down all the way. The right trigger doesn't do this, and it only occurs when the trigger is pressed from the outside edge.

It's not a big deal but something odd I noticed since otherwise my opinion of the build quality so far is superb.

nampad

I've noticed I have a small squeaking when I press the left trigger down all the way. The right trigger doesn't do this, and it only occurs when the trigger is pressed from the outside edge.

It's not a big deal but something odd I noticed since otherwise my opinion of the build quality so far is superb.

Get a screwdriver and loose the screw on the corner of the trigger a little bit. Everything should be fixed.

Maedhros

What the hell is the thing with Vita and rithm spin-off games?

A Senran Kagura spin-off game was leaked on Famitsu. Download only, it seems. And another game will be announced for a "Sony platform", Senran Kagura EV (EV probably means Enhanced Version/Versus) and will probably be for PS3/4, If not, they wouldn't be teasing like that.

nampad

A Senran Kagura spin-off game was leaked on Famitsu. Download only, it seems. And another game will be announced for a "Sony platform", Senran Kagura EV (EV probably means Enhanced Version/Versus) and will probably be for PS3/4, If not, they wouldn't be teasing like that.

If it was a thing, we would have gotten Theatrhythm :/

ZeroAKA

EV stands for Eestival Versus, whatever that means.

Hasney

Everytime I see that P4: Dancing All Night Vita trailer and hear Teddie's Japanese voice I wonder why people clamour for the Japanese voices subtitled.

Takao

Banned

Publishers unwilling to commit to actual projects for Vita.

The alarming thing about that is where these cheap projects are coming from. Atlus, and Marvelous both had large successes on the platform, but deem it worthy of nothing but cheap spinoffs?

BakaJaNai

Banned
The idea is refocusing all the threads on the storefronts, quick impressions, small questions, and etc rather than suctioning up the vast majority of discussion of a platform into one thread.

The other option was nuking the thread into oblivion, but I argued you'd like this better!

This is bad initiative that will essentially kill WiiU and Vita communities and you know it.

And stop pretending that this is not your initial aim - this is just tyranny and hate towards less popular platforms.

Hasney

Vita GAF reporting in. I'll post in here! Why not!

I am having a really hard time with so many RPGs at my fingertips! I need to focus on just one till I beat it but I keep jumping around.

Stick to P4 Golden if you've not finished it, then post the list of the other ones you own and we'll set you straight.

So I am really thinking of getting MGS Snake Eater HD for Vita. I have never played the game, do you all think that the Vita would be a good way to experience this game first? Or should I go after a HD collection for the PS3?

Yeah, going to have to lodge my vote against this decision. Ultimately, a PSN general would make the weekly PlayStation Store and the PS+ thread redundant, and suddenly going from one format to four formats and excluding retail from said one format is quite a fundamental change that would be far more suited for a new thread than re-purposing a thread.

This goes doubly so for a format where discussion always goes to "ded format lol" whenever threads are made for it. This plan basically boils down to killing off VitaGAF for no good reason.

maltrain

A forum is what it is for its users and any administration should understand and respect that.

This decision shows that users in this forum are mere decorative elements and numbers on a log.

This is as ridiculous and "antiuser" as the originals plan for Xbox One, with the difference that Microsoft knew when to stop.

Hey kids, let's merge a regular megathread, a monthly megathread, and a weekly not-quite-a-megathread into one big monthly megathread.

Because we want fewer threads in the forums, am i rite?

OMFG.

SEX IS COMING TO VITA!

By SEX, I mean

Shinovi Versus
E____ Versus
X____ Versus

I fucking hope that EV is still a Vita exclusive rather than a PS3/Vita or non-Vita. >__>

Ikkitousen SEX games were split on PS2 and PSP. You can't spell the entire SEX with just one platform!

#ThereAreTiTSAndSEXOnVita

Hey kids, let's merge a regular megathread, a monthly megathread, and a weekly not-quite-a-megathread into one big monthly megathread.

Because we want fewer threads in the forums, am i rite?

Hey dawg. Heard you like megathreads, so we put megathreads into your megathreads!

On topic, when's Borderlands 2 coming for Vita? Any expected dates? It was revealed during E3 IIRC.

Number45

Is it true that the Vita drains less battery while asleep if you back out of the game to the LiveArea before suspending?
I haven't seen anything official, but I've seen a good number of people say this is the case. I pretty much religiously hit the PS button whenever I leave the device anyway so I couldn't say either way.

A forum is what it is for its users and any administration should understand and respect that.

This decision shows that users in this forum are mere decorative elements and numbers on a log.

This is as ridiculous and "antiuser" as the originals plan for Xbox One, with the difference that Microsoft knew when to stop.

Let's say that you entered the thread looking for info on PSN releases for the PS3, and the last few posts were about suspend/resume battery drain on Vita hardware- that's bonus PlayStation info that you might not have gotten or needed because you didn't normally read the Vita thread. Maybe you don't even have a Vita, that's ok too. You can still get one.

maltrain

Let's say that you entered the thread looking for info on PSN releases for the PS3, and the last few posts were about suspend/resume battery drain on Vita hardware- that's bonus PlayStation info that you might not have gotten or needed because you didn't normally read the Vita thread. Maybe you don't even have a Vita, that's ok too. You can still get one.

Then, following your logic, merge PlayStation and Microsoft thread, because maybe I'll find info "that I might not have gotten or needed" because I don't have one of that consoles and I "can still get one".

Your defense of this stupid decition is pointless...

Takao

Banned
OMFG.

SEX IS COMING TO VITA!

By SEX, I mean

Shinovi Versus
E____ Versus
X____ Versus

I fucking hope that EV is still a Vita exclusive rather than a PS3/Vita or non-Vita. >__>

Ikkitousen SEX games were split on PS2 and PSP. You can't spell the entire SEX with just one platform!

#ThereAreTiTSAndSEXOnVita

If it was for Vita, why would they be secretive regarding the platform?

Hey dawg. Heard you like megathreads, so we put megathreads into your megathreads!

On topic, when's Borderlands 2 coming for Vita? Any expected dates? It was revealed during E3 IIRC.
It was revealed during Gamescom. All we know is '2014' and the port is being worked on by Iron Galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom