• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN (Vita/PSP/PS4/PS3) Downloads Thread Z | January 2014 | The Legendary Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanksfan

Joining VitaGAF on Friday. Oh my god cant I WAIT!

What's the first game you're gonna get/play?

Edit - Top of the Page..shit..um..gotta recommend Rayman Legends. Game really lives up to the greatness created with Origins. I know some people see it as a step back with the touch integrated levels, but there is too much right with it for me to bother trying to explain what is wrong.

joe2187

Banned
Just keep playing, don't use a guide, and enjoy the ride :)
This your first time and what case are you on?

I'm on the steel samurai case. It's very enthralling.

Though wrights lack of proper evidence handling procedure is very disturbing, and nearly everybody is nutjob in this world.

Xeno_V

I am thinking of starting P4G during the coming days/months.
I played P3P on Normal and it was kinda ok difficulty-wise. Is P4G just as challenging or is it easier? What's the suggested difficulty for people that are into jRPGs?

Flandy

I'm on the steel samurai case. It's very enthralling.

Though wrights lack of proper evidence handling procedure is very disturbing, and nearly everybody is nutjob in this world.

Just go with the flow and try to get ahead of youself :p

maouvin

More like tripped :)

I find a ban (even if temp) a bit harsher than a trip, sir ;)
Unless we're talking about a trip followed by an explosion Torgue-style, oh man!

I downloaded urban trials....

But....cannot....stop....playing PW:AA1

I know that feeling. When the AA HD Trilogy came out on iOS I stopped playing Vita daily until I finished it. But I regret nothing.
I'd preferred if they didn't make that "HD remake" and just kept the original sprites tho.

I played P3P on Normal and it was kinda ok difficulty-wise. Is P4G just as challenging or is it easier? What's the suggested difficulty for people that are into jRPGs?
Golden is even easier. I say play on hard, that's like the normal in vanilla. Even that is still easy if you abuse the golden hands.

cyborg009

Banned
kill it with fire.

did they changed the artist for Delta? (there is noticeable downgrade in quality and creativity going on)

I think two different people do character design and monster design. The one who's doing the character design for delta seems to be lacking in quality and creativity.

Kaji

Hi all :)

Currently loving God Eater 2 and playing through Ragnarok AD-hoc with the my housemate. So many great games on my radar this year

toukiden
FFX & X-2
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Assault Android Cactus
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (double dip go!)

whitehawk

Banned
How so? There are plenty of Japanese games being released stateside. We don't know if Sony WWS is working on anything aside from Murasaki Baby, Bigfest and whatever else they announced at gamescom, but other than that it seems like a great year for JRPGs and indies.
I'm not really interested in Japanese games though :( Indies can be great, but I want some AAA games on my Vita. They don't have to be original games, I'm fine with ports as long as they are decent. (NFS Most Wanted for example, was a bad port).

-Digits-

Currently loving God Eater 2 and playing through Ragnarok AD-hoc with the my housemate. So many great games on my radar this year

toukiden
FFX & X-2
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Assault Android Cactus

Can't wait for GE2. I love the original. Haven't played it in a while, I should get on that. I've been meaning to put it on my PSP Go to play at work during winter but I haven't gotten around to it.

How's Ragnarok Odyssey Ace? Is it much improved from the original? I was always interested in it but when I discovered it they had already announced Ace so I'm waiting for that.

KaOTiK

Banned
So I really have been enjoying Gravity Rush and absolutely love Kat. She has some great expressions in the comic parts and figured that would make a great avatar for my account so I decide to jump on the PS Store to see what they had and to my surprise not a single GR avatar, or well anything besides DLC :(

Totally broke my heart Sony, I was even willing to pay for the avatar!

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
anyone here want a Music Unlimited 30 trial? got it with my ps4 and i'm not interested in it at all.

for NA if that matters

also, does anyone have some good tutorials on remote play?? i can't figure it out.

Kaji

Can't wait for GE2. I love the original. Haven't played it in a while, I should get on that. I've been meaning to put it on my PSP Go to play at work during winter but I haven't gotten around to it.

How's Ragnarok Odyssey Ace? Is it much improved from the original? I was always interested in it but when I discovered it they had already announced Ace so I'm waiting for that.

Not sure haven't picked it up yet, we're playing through the original Ragnarok at the moment, from what I understand ACE is original content + new content , hence my double dip comment :)

Very pumped though.

Steel

Banned

I prefer Very Hard, personally. 4G on very hard is easier than P3P on Maniac IMO(never played any other difficulty on either portable version, played normal on the console v of both), not sure if the same relation is true for normal on both, I'd still suggest hard for 4G, simply because they added a decent amount of things that make the overall game easier.

The difficulty changes actually changes the weaknesses of the enemies significantly enough that you'll have to pay more attention, a lot more enemies have no weakness on the higher difficulties.

VanWinkle

May I just say how awesome it is that Spelunky is on portable? Completely justifies the validity of ports, IMO. I recently played co-op with my friend and my brother, but my brother doesn't have a Vita so he had to play on my PS3. My goodness, it was hard for me to even LOOK at my TV screen while he was playing while I had the game open on my Vita. The screen on it is so incredible. The colors are so saturated and it's so crisp. This is not to mention that the Vita is the superior way to play co-op worth each person having their own screen instead of sharing one. My friend and I like to venture out separate ways sometimes, and having the ghost be able to look ahead and around without being confined to he screen space is AMAZING.

I have had e game since it launched, but it has blown me away all over again playing co-op. We didn't realize how good we had it with co-op until we tried it on console and it was such an inferior way to play together.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
anyone here want a Music Unlimited 30 trial? got it with my ps4 and i'm not interested in it at all.

for NA if that matters

also, does anyone have some good tutorials on remote play?? i can't figure it out.

i'll take it if you can pm me the code - thanks!!

May I just say how awesome it is that Spelunky is on portable? Completely justifies the validity of ports, IMO. I recently played co-op with my friend and my brother, but my brother doesn't have a Vita so he had to play on my PS3. My goodness, it was hard for me to even LOOK at my TV screen while he was playing while I had the game open on my Vita. The screen on it is so incredible. The colors are so saturated and it's so crisp. This is not to mention that the Vita is the superior way to play co-op worth each person having their own screen instead of sharing one. My friend and I like to venture out separate ways sometimes, and having the ghost be able to look ahead and around without being confined to he screen space is AMAZING.

I have had e game since it launched, but it has blown me away all over again playing co-op. We didn't realize how good we had it with co-op until we tried it on console and it was such an inferior way to play together.

I'm looking forward to downloading my free copy on my brother's PS3 next time we're all together. He's not sold on it yet.

Yasumi

Banned

toukiden
FFX & X-2
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Assault Android Cactus

How far are you in GE2? I just got through the ending a few hours ago. Without saying too much, the story gets pretty intense. Looking forward to seeing where the post-game goes.

How do I not suck at Soul Sacrifice? Tips plox
Use ranged spells, like the thorns and eggs. I also use thunder armor, a stone giant, and a blossom healing spell. Worked pretty well against certain bosses.

cyborg009

Banned
I'm not really interested in Japanese games though :( Indies can be great, but I want some AAA games on my Vita. They don't have to be original games, I'm fine with ports as long as they are decent. (NFS Most Wanted for example, was a bad port).

Well we might see that rumored Infamous game for Vita soon.

Symphonic

Just started Gravity Rush. I guess I can kind of see where people talked about shoddy controls but it really isn't bothering me at all, I rather enjoy the chaos of it. Tone and story wise the game is great so far.

Skyzard

Banned

I was always wondering how it would work like that, couldn't find it out.

It really is great, my friends have finally fallen for it after weeks of trying to convince them (one even bought Runner 2) and now it's our go-to game when we're together and bored. Really is so fun.
Modern Age SMW

I was saying earlier, but Risk of Rain looks like it is in a similar (but different enough) style of gameplay and mechanics. They are already in talks with Sony and agree a Vita version would be great (controls would easily transfer as would the game, considering the pixel artstyle).

I hope there are more LAN/ad-hoc games in the works too. If Pixel Junk Shooters are coming...they really ought to have it.

Fat Princess...? :)

Skyzard

Banned
So urban trials is pretty bare bones and crap.

Not even worth more than 30 minutes playing it.

I really enjoyed it, even completed most of it and still keep it on my card. It had a few problems though it's been a while since I played it much and I'm quite used to how the game works now.

I didn't play the similar game that everyone seems to prefer though, I think it was on the x360.

Iacobellis

I really enjoyed it, even completed most of it and still keep it on my card. It has a few problems though it's been a while since I played it much.

I didn't play the similar game that everyone seems to prefer though, I think it was on the x360.

The Trials games on 360 and PC are vastly superior.

Skyzard

Banned
^ Oh if it's on the PC too I'll give it a go eventually, thanks. Still, the game was quite good I thought, definitely fun...what did you guys not like? I remember reading people talking about the animation? Common though :p It's all about the precision and control...I know the stats are a bit hard to understand. Level design was quite fun though. I'd buy DLC (more levels) personally.

whitehawk

Banned
^ Oh if it's on the PC too I'll give it a go eventually, thanks. Still, the game was quite good I thought, definitely fun...what did you guys not like? I remember reading people talking about the animation? Common though :p It's all about the precision and control...I know the stats are a bit hard to understand. Level design was quite fun though. I'd buy DLC (more levels) personally.
- The framerate runs at 15-20 fps
- The focus is on stunts, not speed.
- The physics are wonky
- Allowing customization of your bike is bad game design. I ran into tracks that I couldn't complete probably because I had chosen to upgrade my bike the 'wrong way'.
- Holding forward brings your back wheel off the bike way too easily, making anything uphill a pain to ride up.
I never really noticed much difference in my limited time with the 360 game.
Trials Evolution/HD isn't even comparable to Urban Trials.

QuasarJones

Neo Member
Question for Vitagaf:

Broke my thumb over the weekend, and will probably be unable to do any dual-joystick gaming for a few weeks. What would be some of the best games to play on my Vita during this time? First answer is probably P4G, but I've been waiting on another $20.00 PSN sale. Besides my vita, I've never had a PS console or PSP, so nothing in the library is off limits.

Thanks!

Skyzard

Banned
- The framerate runs at 15-20 fps
- The focus is on stunts, not speed.
- The physics are wonky
- Allowing customization of your bike is bad game design. I ran into tracks that I couldn't complete probably because I had chosen to upgrade my bike the 'wrong way'.
- Holding forward brings your back wheel off the bike way too easily, making anything uphill a pain to ride up.Trials Evolution/HD isn't even comparable to Urban Trials.

Some of those do ring bells although I don't remember the framerate being quite as bad although it may be the case. Looking forward to checking out Trials games sometime! Loved this type of gameplay with the bikes, basically it's platforming with bikes!

How do I not suck at Soul Sacrifice? Tips plox

Gear up for the creature you are fighting. For example, use ice against Jack O' Lantern and fire against Harpy. After you pile on enough damage with a single element, it will put a special status ailment on the enemy, then you can hit them with a trump element for critical damage (use ice attacks until you achieve frozen hell, then hit them with lightning).

Some spells are extra effective against certain enemies. A shield will knock down a Jack O' Lantern that is rolling toward you, and his roll attack will keep you from being sucked in by Harpy.

Try to sacrifice regular enemies to keep your offerings from breaking.

Always have a healing spell equipped.

Ranged weapons are great for hitting cursed parts.

wilflare

I would play Rogue Legacy on Vita... endlessly
bring Risk of Rain too but gah

(they need to be priced properly, hopefully)

jsnepo

I'll be buying a Vita later today for my wife mainly for Netflix as she likes the OLED screen so much. I am a PS+ subscriber so there will be plenty of games for me to play.

What I want to know is does Netflix for Vita support profiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom