• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Welcome Back Program Available Now - UPDATED Details Inside

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Trevelyon said:
Got error'd out.

InFamous never registered in my download list and the icon is now gone.

BULLSHIT!!!

Read the OP... Do people not read? Keep trying the alternative method and it will work.

kswiston

I had to slay an army of server errors to get to my rewards, but I am ultimately happy with the choices offered.

Picked up Mod Nation and LBP for my PSP. Two games I had interest in, but never got around to buying. Grabbed Infamous, another one of those "I'll get it one day" titles. Dead Nation was sort of a default choice since I already have Super Stardust and Wipeout HD, but I'm not complaining.

Replicant

Do people just post and not read? Think guys. Just posting your panic moment here is not helping you in any way. If you read, you may be able to find what others have said on how to resolve your issues.

xbhaskarx

I haven turned on my PS3s since PSN went down, I want to wait for everything to be back to normal and then I will deal with everything (from changing passwords to getting my free shit) at once. Does this thread have all the info I need or do I need to look at older threads as well?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
SSHD, Wipeout HD/Fury, LBP PSP, MNR PSP, cha-ching!

The awesome part is I'm not playing anything on PS3 or PSP right now so I wouldn't have turned either on all month!

Actually, I feel everyone not seeing the OP's pain.

I was sorta going to freak out for a second, thinking I'd probably have to give Sony an email or a call, but rational thought told me it was probably a common problem.

jayb

this needs to be bolded with giant, rainbow flashing text in the OP:

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB

Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List

Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed

Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games.

Spwn

I doubt those with plus trial will actually be able to access July's content. In Europe the content from April is locked from trial members, but is available for subscribers for a couple of weeks. Also, this is what James Thorpe writes on the blog:

James Thorpe said:
Hi, There will be loads of info on here and the Store about how to get it but its will be dead simple, just download the 30 day trial from the welcome back section and you will have access to the 30 day content mentioned above (in the blog post).

So would it be possible that even if people activate their plus trials late June, they can only access June content in July?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
sazabirules said:
Read the OP... Do people not read? Keep trying the alternative method and it will work.
I remember when not reading the OP was a bannable offense. It would be funny if that came back and all of these people couldn't post during E3.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Get Killzone Liberation. You can download the free chapter 5 DLC elsewhere (unfortunately not from in-game since the servers are dead).

Replicant

Carl said:
OP, bold the fuck out of that "if your free games disappear" part

Nah. The mods need to change the thread title with all caps "IF YOUR FREE GAMES DISAPPEAR FROM PSN WELCOME PACKAGE GO TO ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT TO FIND THEM"

Trevelyon said:
I don't currently have an alt account for another region made before the 21st, stop presuming every one does.

That's not what he meant. He meant go to your account management to choose your free game. The ones that you think is lost.

Haha, I will get about 12 free games out of this thing!

Also, I am going to get every last drop out of this 30 days of plus and wait until right before something currently on (within the 30 days) and then activate it.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Trevelyon said:
I don't currently have an alt account for another region made before the 21st, stop presuming every one does.

What are you talking about? Clicking on Account Management has nothing to do with accounts in another region. You didn't read the OP.

daffy

Banned
xbhaskarx said:
I haven turned on my PS3s since PSN went down, I want to wait for everything to be back to normal and then I will deal with everything (from changing passwords to getting my free shit) at once. Does this thread have all the info I need or do I need to look at older threads as well?
Everything should be here, its fairly straightforward. If not I will update as soon as I hear it.
Carl said:
OP, bold the fuck out of that "if your free games disappear" part
Done.

Trevelyon

Replicant said:
Nah. The mods need to change the thread title with all caps "IF YOUR FREE GAMES DISAPPEAR FROM PSN WELCOME PACKAGE GO TO ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT TO FIND THEM"

That would be helpful.

Ifrit

Carl said:
Why does that matter? They're free...

My brother and I both have PS3s, if game sharing is allowed we could both get 4 free games on both consoles (we don't live anywhere near each other)

If it isn't allowed, maybe we should get both the same game(s) in order to play online with each other

so yeah, it matters

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
FTH said:
Everything should be here, its fairly straightforward. If not I will update as soon as I hear it.

Done.

The red font isn't good enough, you need this
4IOte.gif

Replicant

I'm about to sleep. But can someone please just repeat this for every few posts for other poor souls who think they've lost their games?

"IF YOUR FREE GAMES DISAPPEAR FROM PSN WELCOME PACKAGE GO TO ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT TO FIND THEM (READ THE OP!)"

Trevelyon

sazabirules said:
Reading the OP would be helpful too.

Not burying the most permeant information at the bottom nor highlighting it would be even more helpful.

I thought the alternative method was referring to the alt account switch, so fuckin' sue me already. Jeez.

Carl

Ifrit said:
My brother and I both have PS3s, if game sharing is allowed we could both get 4 free games on both consoles (we don't live anywhere near each other)

If it isn't allowed, maybe we should get both the same game(s) in order to play online with each other

so yeah, it matters

Didn't think of that :p

Don't see why they wouldn't be shareable, but not sure.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Stumpokapow said:
SSHD, Wipeout HD/Fury, LBP PSP, MNR PSP, cha-ching!

The awesome part is I'm not playing anything on PS3 or PSP right now so I wouldn't have turned either on all month!
I'm getting the same stuff. Nice!

My US and UK account are back up, but my other 2 EU accounts are gone as I don't remember the passwords for the emails I used lol. I'm gonna have to test out my JP account and see if I'll luck out on that...

daffy

Banned
Trevelyon said:
Not burying the most permeant information at the bottom nor highlighting it would be even more helpful.

I thought the alternative method was referring to the alt account switch, so fuckin' sue me already. Jeez.
I tried to make the OP small, but I rearrange the edits to read better! :D

edit: lulz

Lince

Banned
if your country's PSN Store has a Video Store section you can also get 3 free movies as part of the "Welcome Back" program... at least I can confirm that for Spain and the UK.

Top Bottom