• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Welcome Back Program Available Now - UPDATED Details Inside

daffy

Banned
Lince said:
if your country's PSN Store has a Video Store section you can also get 3 free movies as part of the "Welcome Back" program... at least I can confirm that for Spain and the UK.
Is it the same movies for each country or just Random Selects? Can't get into the Store here.

statham

I was thinking about trading in my infamous and downloading it instead, but I guess with this it won't be going for much. I want LBP and I'm 95% sure wipeout will be my other game, I wish they offered the R&C game in the US.

Replicant

statham said:
I was thinking about trading in my infamous and downloading it instead, but I guess with this it won't be going for much. I want LBP and I'm 95% sure wipeout will be my other game, I wish they offered the R&C game in the US.

If you have UK, Euro, or AUS account before the blackout you can download R&C even if you live in US.

Wipeout HD Fury, Modnation Racers and Killzone Liberation, holla!

Everything else I already own, though I may just download inFamous for the hell of it.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Is there an advanced list of stuff for PSN+ that is prompting people to wait? I have honestly never paid much attention to the service.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I finally get a password reset email for my uk account but the site is under maintenance I guess this whole freebie rush is the reason? >_> Hope they get it going again before the 3 hour period is up.

Hojaho

I've been trying to reset my password account for a few days. Can't do it, it says the PSN website is under maintenance. :(

For some reason I thought, "Maybe since it just became available I can beat the rush." Yeah. That was a stupid idea. The store's a mess right now. Every page gave me an error message, and when I tried to download the game, I got "This content is not available at this time." I guess I'll have to wait.

Are the movies you get purchases or rentals?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
FTH said:
Is it the same movies for each country or just Random Selects? Can't get into the Store here.
They're different and they're just rentals.

Canada

Click
Hitch
Underworld: Evolution

masterkajo said:
Some have mentioned that they want to wait with PSN+ to play Uncharted 3 Beta. Do you need PSN+ for it?
PS+ starts the beta June 28. Everyone else starts July 5th.

daffy

Banned
Fuzzy said:
They're different and they're just rentals.

Canada

Click
Hitch
Underworld: Evolution

PS+ starts the beta June 28. Everyone else starts July 5th.
Thanks a ton. Adding to OP.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Hojaho said:
I've been trying to reset my password account for a few days. Can't do it, it says the PSN website is under maintenance. :(

Accckk that stinks. I've been trying ta get a reset mail for a couple of weeks to! That effort was apparently in vain. They need ta get this thing back up an running!

Oh man am I happy I setup that UK, HK, and Japan account in addition to my US one (and I have a PSP too).

Granted I'm not nuts about any of the games, but who knows my wife and I might really enjoy LBP or the racing ones, that's not even counting the cool Playstation Plus stuff. Bah, I can't complain about something since Sony is letting people even use all their clearly fake alt accounts too.

Man this is going to be one HELL of a tax write off for them!

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Not exactly on topic, but I keep getting an unnerving message in between the usual numbered ones on the J-PSN store:

J-PSN said:
このサービスはあなたの国/地域ではご利用になれません

"You can not use this service in the country/region you are in."

Never got that error before. I hope it's just a standard error. Would hate to be locked out forever. :/

Lince

Banned
FTH said:

I believe they're different movies for each country (Spain: Resident Evil Apocalypse, Click and something else I can't remember now, lol, terrible selection...) but I cannot get into the Store to check that anymore since it's down of course. Anyway, earlier this afternoon got everything I wanted from the Welcome Back pack though, including the free PSN+ sub, except for the PSP stuff, I'm using Media Go and it says "content not found" whenever I click on the Welcome Back icon... I share my PSN account on both my PS3 and PSP so I don't know what's going on. Guess the service is being hammered hard. Not that I'm going to cry if I can't download free games that I already own.

and yeah the movies thing is just free rentals (SD or HD).

kswiston

Completely forgot about my UK account (still have 12 pounds on there as well!). I guess I will be getting Ratchet and Clank along with the others.

kiryogi

Banned
Sword Familiar said:
Not exactly on topic, but I keep getting an unnerving message in between the usual numbered ones on the J-PSN store:

"You can not use this service in the country/region you are in."

Never got that error before. I hope it's just a standard error. Would hate to be locked out forever. :/

This is of major concern . . . Considering how much I've spent too. They better not have.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
jmdajr said:
it usually takes forever to download anything....

I can't imagine trying now...

forget it I'll wait a week

My downloads went fast actually. It's getting the download to start that's the problem

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh. MediaGo is a piece of shit and you can't get your vanished PSP stuff off it. SMH Sony.

On the bright side, they are allowing my 6.20 PSP->6.20-TN-D PSP on the store so I went to account management->Transaction Management->Services List and went to the "PSN promo" icon and redeemed my disappeared from MediaGo ModNation Racers #2 voucher. >_<

Jesus, the servers are being hammered.

Hyphen

Spwn said:
I doubt those with plus trial will actually be able to access July's content. In Europe the content from April is locked from trial members, but is available for subscribers for a couple of weeks. Also, this is what James Thorpe writes on the blog:

So would it be possible that even if people activate their plus trials late June, they can only access June content in July?

Note: Extra treats during the month are only available to existing Plus members from on or before the 21st April 2011.

So if a PSN game was to become available on Monday on discount for PSN+ members, it would only be for those that had membership before the Store went down, and not to those gamers who have PSN+ for free for 1 month!? That's right, right?

FireCloud

Wario64 said:
My downloads went fast actually. It's getting the download to start that's the problem

Mine too. I've already downloaded InFamous and Wipeout/Fury and almost done with ModNation PSP. I haven't picked my second PSP title. I already have LBP and Killzone Liberation. Not sure about Pursuit Force. Watched some gameplay for it on youtube but still not sold on it. I may get LBP or Killzone again in anticipation for the NGP.

EL Beefo

I got Infamous downloaded, but it's taking forever to install. It's been going for about 25 minutes and it's only at 16%.

This is bullshit, I'm downloading dead nation and wipeout fury, but I cant select the wipeout full game and now it wont show up or let me download so I'm screwed out of a game

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
UnblessedSoul said:
This is bullshit, I'm downloading dead nation and wipeout fury, but I cant select the wipeout full game and now it wont show up or let me download so I'm screwed out of a game

Try looking in your download list. It should be there now. I had the same problem.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
jmdajr said:
it usually takes forever to download anything....

I can't imagine trying now...

forget it I'll wait a week
The download times weren't bad. It was just getting past the hundred or so error messages.

Top Bottom