• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP 2006 holiday lineup - best handheld lineup ever?

This PSP lineup is one of the most impressive ever...If it doesn't push the PSP over the hump, nothing will...

B000FYZS6M.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39294585_.jpg
B000HKMG14.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36970428_.jpg
B000JIR62S.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38239836_.jpg
B000HNJ5WE.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V40658396_.jpg
B000G0JD66.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V37846516_.jpg

B000IFRPLO.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38236977_.jpg
B000G79VKC.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V37952219_.jpg
B000GI9LVK.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38240202_.jpg
B000GA97ZI.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V37848454_.jpg
B000HASW0I.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39839491_.jpg

B000FVM49Y.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V40653406_.jpg
B000GA75RA.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39385630_.jpg
B000EZ3FDU.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38236802_.jpg
B000FG65EO.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V61351255_.jpg
B000HQG5FG.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38754090_.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This thread will not end well...but yeah, PSP has a pretty good lineup this end of the year. You also forgot Lumines 2 and Every Extend Extra... Ace Combat X, Gitaroo Man Lives

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'd only grab these games from that list:
GTA: Vice City Stories
Metal Gear Portable Ops
Rainbow Six Vegas
Socom FB 2

btrboyev

the only problem with this list and it has nothing to due with the quality of the games, its I'd rather play console versions of most of these games..I have a psp..I don't take it anywhere, the thought of buying these to sit at my house to play on a portable sounds kinda iffy..I'll end up doing it anyways for some of these games(mgs and maybe gta)..but really I'd much prefer to play on a tv.

I'll wait for the troll response

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not one single thing in that list that I'm planning on buying. :|

Lumines 2, maybe, though. Depending on if I want to suffer through Hollaback Girl or Japan has a better tracklist.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
This PSP lineup is one of the most impressive ever...If it doesn't push the PSP over the hump, nothing will...

It won't, so nothing will. :(

GTA, MGS, Killzone, and SOCOM are the only ones that should be on a list for an impressive holiday lineup.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
MetatronM said:
Not one single thing in that list that I'm planning on buying. :|

Lumines 2, maybe, though. Depending on if I want to suffer through Hollaback Girl or Japan has a better tracklist.

The Japanese release is till TBD. And even then, the game has a skin edit mode where you can just take out skins that you dont like. Pretty much solves that problem

It's a good lineup, but I have no doubt that Nintendo will come out with a different colored DS Lite and some new limited Arubian Cunucu Nintendogs or something and crush the PSP.

bluemax

Banned
Wow I'm out of the PSP loop, this is the first time I've heard of half those titles.

MGS:pO is probably the only must have for me on that list. I'm kinda burned out on GTA for awhile.

bjork

I only want GTA off that list, and there are actually two DS games I want, so for me, no. Not the best lineup ever.

Chrono

Banned
eh, out of those games metal gear ops is the only one that interests me.

edit: oh yeah there's every extend extra.

The Main Event said:
Come on...you should've at least put Metal Slug Anthology in your list...and no, I do not agree with your OP.

that was on my list of psp games but now that there's a ps2 version I'm getting that instead. :D

i'm grabbing MGS Portable Ops, Every Extend Extra and RocoLoco (late to the party)

I can't sit through an open world mission based game anymore, I used to be able to but not anymore. sorry GTA VCS, I'm not buying you this Q4

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Alkaliine said:
The problem is that most of its best games are ports that play and look better on PS2.

None of the games in the first post are ports (well, I guess there's an argument to be made for GTA)

EktorPR

Someone has to do it, folks...

DS
-Final Fantasy III
-Elite Beat Agents
-Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
-Yoshi's Island DS
-Kirby: Squeak Squad
-Custom Robo Arena
-Diddy Kong Racing (for the Rare fans)

PSP
-Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
-Every Extend Extra
-Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

DS wins.

Okay okay...Think of a better lineup at any point in recent history? A collection of games as good as this collection?

p.s. I forgot to add games like Ace Combat X, Lumines II, and Metal Slug Anthology

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Eh... depends on your opinion, I could say that list sucks and I can't believe you listed games like Star Wars and Sonic then go on to list a bunch of DS games... but I'm just going to leave you to your opinion and leave the thread instead.

LJ11

Alkaliine said:
Well, at least adaptations of PS2 games.

Every handheld has adaptations of past franchises.

You could have made the list stronger if you included EEE, Lumines 2, and AC:X.

You forgot "Pimp My Ride".

Seriously though, I think if you start it from the middle of October (so you can include Ace Combat X), it's pretty impressive. It's also got some pretty nice anthologies/collections. Powerstone, Metal Slug, and I'm looking forward to the Activision collection (their 2600 games)

However, it could use some RPGs. All it has is some action RPGs, Dungeon Siege plus the two superhero ones - Justice League Heroes/Marvel Ultimate Alliance. IMHO, Sony really dropped the ball by not bringing over anything they've published in Japan for the holidays (like say, Brave Story or Jeanne D'Arc).

Also pretty weak when it comes to racing games, just the latest NFS game.

And I haven't seen anything at all about the Warhammer game, which is a bad sign. It's based on a card game, apparently, but that's all I know.

LJ11

Wario64 said:
lol bai bai

It was bound to happen eventually. :lol

Here's how my list looks:

DS
-FF III
-Castlevania: PoR
-Yoshi Island 2

PSP
-MGS
-AC:X
-EEE
-Lumines 2
-Metal Slug Anth
-Killzone

PSP>DS

LJ11 said:
It was bound to happen eventually. :lol

Here's how my list looks:

DS
-FF III
-Castlevania: PoR
-Yoshi Island 2

PSP
-MGS
-AC:X
-EEE
-Lumines 2
-Metal Slug Anth
-Killzone
-Lumines 2

PSP>DS
Wow, you're buying Lumines 2 twice? :D

ethelred

jj984jj said:
Eh... depends on your opinion, I could say that list sucks and I can't believe you listed games like Star Wars and Sonic then go on to list a bunch of DS games... but I'm just going to leave you to your opinion and leave the thread instead.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
metal slug anthology > combined lineups of every handheld to date

so i guess it depends on whether you consider its release to fall in the holiday season

drohne said:
metal slug anthology > combined lineups of every handheld to date

so i guess it depends on whether you consider its release to fall in the holiday season
But that same game is being released on two home consoles. But I'll admit that having as a portable game is awesome.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
who cares when the games in question are infinitely replayable? perfect versions of metal slug that i can pick up and play whenever are empirically better than a nintendo ds.

Top Bottom