• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP 2006 holiday lineup - best handheld lineup ever?

Avalon

I don't know about the best ever, but the list is damn good. There is almost something for everyone...

However, it could use some RPGs. All it has is some action RPGs, Dungeon Siege plus the two superhero ones - Justice League Heroes/Marvel Ultimate Alliance. IMHO, Sony really dropped the ball by not bringing over anything they've published in Japan for the holidays (like say, Brave Story or Jeanne D'Arc).

Exactly what I was thinking.

You know who really wins this upcoming holiday season? People who own both.

:)

Andy787

Banned
B000GA75RA.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39385630_.jpg
B000GAAW0W.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39118315_.jpg
B000HASVR2.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38645557_.jpg
B000HKMG14.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36970428_.jpg

ASSHOLES

Tabris

I think both the DS and PSP have great holiday titles and I'm for sure going to buy 1 or 2 on each platform (MGS:OPS, FFIII and Castlevania guaranteed).

I mean how awesome is portable Metal Gear. That I'm completly psyched for. Then Castlevania is always awesome, and it's introducing new gameplay elements. Final Fantasy, well I've only played a really poorly translated version of it, so that will be a new but classic old school experience.

Sadly, you will just have people laughing in this thread as GAF is now an nbot haven where DS is king and PSP is the system with no games :p PSP threads on GAF always suck cause of these jerks.

DCharlie

Banned
MOH: Heroes ... = :O :O :O

i can't remember the last week there wasn't something -****ing- awesome in my PSP.

Tony HoTT

Banned
drohne said:
who cares when the games in question are infinitely replayable? perfect versions of metal slug that i can pick up and play whenever are empirically better than a nintendo ds.
lol psp dpad means no!!! NO NON ONO N ONONON ONONONO!!!!!!!!

worst versions of metal slug ever.

TFIFF

Banned
When you say best __________ ever and it involves portables, you better be talking about Nintendo. This isn't about DS vs. PSP, when you say best all time you're making comparisons to the Game Boy or GBA, which is just silly.

That being said, Metal Gear will be the first time I touch my PSP since Tekken. Literally.

0f5ebca2f422c41dcd9dbe249040d6b3a7d0efe8.jpg

NomarTyme

LJ11 said:
But the box art alone makes it a must have. j/k
The box-art looks great and all, but I didn't like the gameplay. I played the PC version is it different from the PSP version?

Wario64 said:
Every Extend Extra is awesome. And it's only $30 (Lumines 2 and Gunpey as well)

Actually I'm getting Lumines II and Gunpey for $24 each(After google checkout!) and I'm tight on money I had to choose!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
GTA and Lumines 2 by themselves make this the greatest lineup for any platform this Christmas. You don't have to like it but you better learn to love it 'cuz it's the best thing goin'. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sho Nuff

Banned
Buying VCS, Portable Ops, Socom 2, ACX, Lumines 2. Is Lethal Alliance supposed to be good or something?

I'm gonna be back at my house in America this holiday, and the PSP/DS is gonna be the only console I've got!

At least Dad has a wireless router for a wee bit of online gaming hotness.

Sho Nuff

Banned
kaching said:
Mercury Meltdown is worthy of that list.

I enjoyed the shit out of this game until I got to the 4th tier (I think). Then it got like, really really hard and I couldn't finish even one of the damn puzzles on that tier. WTF!?

bishoptl said:
GTA and Lumines 2 by themselves make this the greatest lineup for any platform this Christmas. You don't have to like it but you better learn to love it 'cuz it's the best thing goin'. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You're such a shill for GTA, bish.

Tony HoTT

Banned
drohne said:
i've got this hunch that your motor skills are the problem here.
I bet you have a lot of friends waiting to play Metal Slug multiplayer on PSP huh? And those dpads, in my experience are high quality and easily match the responsiveness of my arcade sticks.

PSYCHE!!!

GOT YOU!

From now on you buy what I tell you!

Pimpbaa

Sho Nuff said:
Is Lethal Alliance supposed to be good or something?

No idea. But a Star Wars game where you don't play a jedi sounds refreshing (instead you play as a female twi'lek and her security droid).

Nemesis_

GTA, Star Wars, Metal Gear Solid and Power Stone atm. Nothing else really interests me (particularly because I'll be getting the 360 counter parts. =P)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Sho Nuff said:
I enjoyed the shit out of this game until I got to the 4th tier (I think). Then it got like, really really hard and I couldn't finish even one of the damn puzzles on that tier. WTF!?
I'm the opposite - thought the game was too easy up until tier 3 or so. Then it started offering a level of challenge I could appreciate better. I do agree that the jump is significant though.

fronn

MGS:pO already confirms best lineup of the holiday.

Regardless, both DS and PSP have a pretty wicked lineup this winter (there is at least 2 titles worthy of purchase on both of them -- anyone who can't find something on one or the other needs to get their head checked).

cvxfreak

B000GA75RA.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39385630_.jpg

Buying this one.

Tabris said:
Sadly, you will just have people laughing in this thread as GAF is now an nbot haven where DS is king and PSP is the system with no games :p PSP threads on GAF always suck cause of these jerks.

And sales threads used to suck because of your jerky posts. :p

AniHawk

Tabris said:

sorta like any Nintendo console thread of the last three years but in reverse

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
And to conclude this holiday en beauté, this new year will begin with

Phoenix%20Wright%20Ace%20Attorney%20Logo_lg.jpg

The Ace Attorney himself, Phoenix Wright : Justice for All!!!

Andy787

Banned
I like how the same people who always hate on the PSP for it's reliance on sequels must then post their counter-lists of great looking DS games.. which also happen to be 95% sequels. :p

LOL MY SEQUELS ARE BETTAR THAN YOUR SEQUELS

NITENDUO!!!!!

Acosta

From where that warhammer game came from? Is the first time I see it (and I thought I was well informed).

The lineups looks pretty good ("best lineup ever" are dangerous words here).

cvxfreak

Andy787 said:
I like how the same people who always hate on the PSP for it's reliance on sequels must then post their counter-lists of great looking DS games.. which also happen to be 95% sequels. :p

NITENDUO!!!!!

In before YOSHI'S MOTHER****ING ISLAND 2

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Andy787 said:

NITENDUO!!!!!

Yeah, it's getting pretty ****ing old. It's not like Nintendo's handhelds are free of sequels or games based on existing IP

VicAlpha said:

This is getting old too. How many ports are posted in the first post?

Andy787

Banned
AniHawk said:
Lies. Nintendo fans were always, and have always been the same, PlayStation empire or no. The only thing that has changed is that now Nintendo fans shove sales charts down the throats of people who disagree.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Is it possible to have a PSP thread without dickheads turning it into DS vs PSP war? This thread was asking for it though, what with its title and all.

NomarTyme

Sho Nuff said:
Is it possible to have a PSP thread without dickheads turning it into DS vs PSP war? This thread was asking for it though, what with its title and all.

Yeah can we have a title change?

Tabris

AniHawk said:

Well how long do we have to endure this? I mean I think we've gotten enough PSP trolling done on this board to equal the jackasses who trolled the Gamecube, don't ya think?

btw, I think Wind Waker > everything on the DS and PSP, so don't take it out on me :p

Tabris

EDIT - Anyways, don't want to derail the thread (sorry), so back to PSP goodness.

METAL GEAR SOLID PORTABLE OPS! Seriousely, going to be some good stuff! I don't know how this game can disappoint? It's Kojima unlike the Acid games. Kojima!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
DigDugDirkDiggler said:
Sorry, let me rephrase. ORIGINAL ****ING IP'S
Fair enough, so which of the orignal IPs in the PSPs existing library have you actually bothered to try?

AniHawk

Tabris said:
Well how long do we have to endure this?

Until the system is dead. Then you'll start seeing people popping up with threads about how the PSP was better than they thought.

I mean I think we've gotten enough PSP trolling done on this board to equal the jackasses who trolled the Gamecube, don't ya think?

...HELL no.

Tabris said:
Actually nevermind what I said. Quote this for the truth because nbots have always been bad, just they actually have stuff to back their fanboyism now.

Which is exactly what I said. The Sony/PS-brand fans that have always been this bad, but they don't have anything to "back" their fanboyism now.

i like most Nintendo platforms but I hate Nintendo fans,
leave thread and let PSPers enjoy their PSPs...
Halloween demo of RocoLoco > all

Top Bottom