• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Go? 249.99!!!!

zero2000

Banned
I think the PSP Go is an awesome little handheld, but being an owner of a PSP 3000, I am not ready to jump ship and spend $250 for the PSP Go.

However, I am thankful with how much support the PSP Go is helping bring to the PSP in general. I have about 6 games that are day one purchases for me in the foreseeable future. For a PSP, that is a lot.

Guled

If FFT and Persona for psp (it comes out the week before the go) is up on the store day one, I shall get it. If not then screw sony

Guled said:
If FFT and Persona for psp (it comes out the week before the go) is up on the store day one, I shall get it. If not then screw sony
I love how you guys are "screwing Sony" by buying their systems and games for their systems.

FUCK SONY. The PSPgo is too much money. So to show my hatred for Sony and their terrible products I just went out and bought a PSP 3000, a 16GB MSD and a ton of PSP games. That will show them.

Abubakr

Neo Member
I'll hold off until the prices go down. Very happy with my PSP-2000 right now. Custom Firmwire makes the PSP much better, by allowing apps like Youtube.

uhhh

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...8?skuId=9459631&type=product&id=1218108084968

Product Features
Enjoy a world of digital entertainment options on the go, including games, movies and communication
3.8" display showcases games and movies with crisp clarity
Download games, movies, TV shows and more via the PlayStation Network; all-digital content requires no game discs to play
Enhance the fun of favorite games with add-on game content
Discover the excitement of upcoming games with free playable demos
Access a variety of digital services to support the PSPgo system
Store content on the ample 16GB memory, or expand your storage options with the device's Memory Stick Micro support
Converse with friends via Skype using the system's Bluetooth functionality and built-in microphone
Browse, organize and transfer PlayStation Store content or content from your PC to the PSP system via PSP Media Go functionality
Includes PSPgo system, USB cable, AC adapter and Rock Band Unplugged voucher
Color: Pearl White

Plus, an included PlayStation Store voucher for Rock Band Unplugged lets you start enjoying PSPgo's rocking features right away.

Yeah to be honest GT portable seems like a better idea... would be a system seller def.

plus i don't want Rock Band U... i have RB2 already and have had my fill till Beatles hits. Looks like it'll be ebay fodder for me.

why does Amazon have to hate on the Go like that :lol

* Video Game Console Features: Bluetooth Support, Lightweight, Built-In Microphone, Slim Design, Touch Screen
* Hard Drive Capacity: 16GB Hard Drive Capacity
* Gaming System Compatibility: PlayStation Portable (PSP)
* Includes: USB Cable, AC Power Adapter
* Warranty Description: 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sentry said:
:lol :lol :lol

Fuckin a, it's a feature everyone assumes is in there, but isn't... why Sony why.
I'm pretty sure it's not as easy as it sounds... I think it's better for Sony to put touch screen in their PSP2, not Go.

Tellaerin

nolookjones said:
including gt psp would really help convince people on the fence to buy the pspgo...major dealmaker...

Unless you're not into realistic racing games.

TBH, I think something like Rock Band Unplugged has broader appeal. Good call on Sony's part.

sturmdogg

Ugh...still can't decide on whether to upgrade to the Go or the 3000 (currently have the 2000). That Rock Band voucher bundle isn't helping any . :lol

I still think the price is absolutely criminal and the fact that this may just be a hold over until the PSP2 is just as frustrating. If PE, FFXIII Agito and KH make it on the DD list though...

bigswords

PSP Go is a good idea and digital distribution for this is ok. But I do wish that they would supply an external UMD drive so that previous users can install their old UMD games, instead of giving them the 3rd finger.

And of course a price below 249 will help tons.

smenden18

Neo Member
I really want a go, but I'm not digging the digital distribution only aspect. I'm a collector and a major part of the game-buying experience for me is the great boxart and the new instruction manual smell. I don't currently own an older model, but I hope when the go comes out I can still buy hard copies and download from PSN as well...maybe a unique code included in the box?

theBishop

Banned
bigswords said:
PSP Go is a good idea and digital distribution for this is ok. But I do wish that they would supply an external UMD drive so that previous users can install their old UMD games, instead of giving them the 3rd finger.

And of course a price below 249 will help tons.

For $250 they better have a solid strategy for this. If I'm going to be a "premium" customer according to Kaz, I want to be treated as such. If they were asking < $200, I'd be more willing to cut slack.

There's no way to do it without risking some copyright infringement, but a good solution would be to have an official UMD ripping application on the PSN store. The app would apply Sony's DRM to the ISO so you can only play images on PSPs associated with the user account of the unit that ripped the disk.

TuxBobble

smenden18 said:
I really want a go, but I'm not digging the digital distribution only aspect. I'm a collector and a major part of the game-buying experience for me is the great boxart and the new instruction manual smell. I don't currently own an older model, but I hope when the go comes out I can still buy hard copies and download from PSN as well...maybe a unique code included in the box?

I'm also not a PSP owner, and to some extent, I am in the same boat. But I have bought PC games through Steam in the past, so I think I just need to accept that this focus on digital-only content might start applying to consoles as well in the future.

What I will say though, is that Sony should continue to sell retail box "vouchers". Patapon 2, for instance, can apparently be bought at retail, with a box and a manual. However, it does not include a disc, but a code for digital redemption via the Playstation Network. This is the kind of solution I like--I don't need the disc, but I really like having the box, and even more so, the manual.

I've got a Import PSP 2000 and a few titles already. This new update has me a bit excited but the few titles that I own I would like to be able to play on the Go. I'm going to be following this thread for sure.

yankee666

Gold Member
Gamecocks625 said:
why does Amazon have to hate on the Go like that :lol
:lol :lol :lol , Imagine the first week after release when people send theirs PSPgo for repair thinking that the "touch screen" doesnt work. Thats gonna be hilarious!!

TuxBobble said:
What I will say though, is that Sony should continue to sell retail box "vouchers". Patapon 2, for instance, can apparently be bought at retail, with a box and a manual. However, it does not include a disc, but a code for digital redemption via the Playstation Network. This is the kind of solution I like--I don't need the disc, but I really like having the box, and even more so, the manual.

It's a good solution, and the shops will be pleased in order to sell games for the console. The biggest complain from the shops is having to sell a console that don't bring new customers to your shop.

Crisis

Banned
yankee666 said:
:lol :lol :lol , Imagine the first week after release when people send theirs PSPgo for repair thinking that the "touch screen" doesnt work. Thats gonna be hilarious!!

What if Amazon knows something that none of us do?

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Sony has confirmed that "just about" every PSP game releasing after October 1 -- the release date of the PSPgo -- would be available for download. PlayStation Blog's Jeff Rubenstein stated on Sunday (via Destructoid) that he couldn't speak about the availability of third party titles at that time.

We followed up with Rubenstein today and he told us, "The majority of back catalog PSP games will be made available for download around the launch of the PSPgo." We made sure to ask if he was speaking strictly about first-party titles and he told us he meant "the majority overall."

So, as of October 1: A "majority" of past PSP titles will be available for download.
After October 1: All first party titles will release as downloads on the PlayStation Network.

I got this from Sony at work.

nolookjones said:
including gt psp would really help convince people on the fence to buy the pspgo...major dealmaker...
Absolutely true in my case... I was going to buy it if GTMobile was included - heck, I could justify the $250 with "Well, the game alone would have cost me $50!" :lol

Now I'm on the fence again... {sigh}

I wonder how downloading import titles will work?! I'm a bit worried that its going to be like the PSN where I'll have to buy JPN network cards.

SmokyDave

I must confess, after much soul-searching, I'm having one of these bad boys. I already have a CFW 2000 but I'll use the GO as my GT5 Portable machine. Not entirely decided on whether I'll buy UMD or DD in the future. Prob DD so I can use it on both machines (hopefully).

It sucks that I'll be paying the price of a PS3 to get a PSP GO and GT5Po but such is life. I've bought two PS3's so I'm no stranger to Sony attacking my wallet.

SmokyDave said:
I must confess, after much soul-searching, I'm having one of these bad boys. I already have a CFW 2000 but I'll use the GO as my GT5 Portable machine. Not entirely decided on whether I'll buy UMD or DD in the future. Prob DD so I can use it on both machines (hopefully).

It sucks that I'll be paying the price of a PS3 to get a PSP GO and GT5Po but such is life. I've bought two PS3's so I'm no stranger to Sony attacking my wallet.

you can have the same DD game on five differents psps at one time.

SmokyDave

°°ToMmY°° said:
you can have the same DD game on five differents psps at one time.

That's pretty much that for me then. I assumed this would be the case (same as PS3 PSN) but assumptions about DD have bitten me on the ass a few times.

TuxBobble said:

Boxes are nice but do you understand why Sony is going DL-only in the first place? This whole move would be rather pointless if the still put game boxes on the shelves. They're trying to move away from retail altogether, and your plan would in the short term actually have them double the number of boxes on the shelf!

vodka-bull said:
No you're right, sony isn't that smart.

From a business standpoint, Rock Band Unplugged is a better pack-in than GT psp (coming from someone who loves GT and hates Rock Band/GH). It will attract a larger and wider audience, and on top of that I even think that maybe GT will be easier to sell at retail price to its fanbase than Rock Band Unplugged would be. What game you'd like to have for free really has nothing at all to do with how "smart" Sony is.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Really? I tried to put FFVII on more than one PSP and it wouldn't let me. Does it not allow it for PSPs linked to another PSN store account?

you have to activate the psp on the account you downloaded it with and login with that account on your psp.

Synless

I've been looking at the specs and it says wireless and bluetooth, but what is the wireless? Is it still b or did they upgrade?

Top Bottom