• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Go? 249.99!!!!

Synless said:
Would it have killed them to move to G? Remote play would have been badass with that extra speed.
as far as remote play is concerned, there isn't more "speed" with G, just more bandwidth, the latency will remain the same.

squall211

I think I've gone back and forth at least 20 times on whether or not I want to shell out for this. I probably won't get it, at least not for the current price, and maybe I'll wait til next year to see if a PSP2 is announced and what it would offer.

noah111

Still Alive
squall211 said:
I think I've gone back and forth at least 20 times on whether or not I want to shell out for this. I probably won't get it, at least not for the current price, and maybe I'll wait til next year to see if a PSP2 is announced and what it would offer.
This is basically what I will be doing. While the PSPgo is a great step in the right direction, everything from the new design to its new features, but it's quite expensive and is only a first step. They have all they need for a PSP2, seriously.. the form is almost nailed for what they can do later on, I have no problem waiting for the go2k or whatever the hell they'll call it.

noah111

Still Alive
squall211 said:
This is basically what I will be doing. While the PSPgo is a great step in the right direction, everything from the new design to its new features, but it's quite expensive and is only a first step. They have all they need for a PSP2, seriously.. the form is almost nailed for what they can do later on, I have no problem waiting for the go2k or whatever the hell they'll call it.

[EDIT] BAM! :lol

25stw1y.png

Massa

Blablurn said:
damn, the psp go is fucking tiny. i don't know if i should trade my psp 3000 or keep it :(

Just browse the current games on PSN and you should make up your mind pretty quickly.

Massa said:
Just browse the current games on PSN and you should make up your mind pretty quickly.

Yup, because it's going to stay that way even past October 1st.

I like that it's smaller seeing how it's what I'm going to use for music, The Office/Seinfeld episodes, gaming (Lumines, PES, Socom, Gran Turismo, etc.). It's just more portable and that's what I am looking for.

XTERC said:
If anyone can translate, I'd like to know what he was saying about the analog nub.

I'd like to know, too.

XTERC said:
If anyone can translate, I'd like to know what he was saying about the analog nub.
I cannot speak dutch but you can get a lot of what he is saying because the languages are kinda similar, so I'll try.

the d-pad is not as high as it is on the previous PSPs but it's much more clickier.

The analog nub is not that high as well because of the sliding mechanics and so it happens that you cannot use it as easily as on the previous ones if you have big thumbs. The hole where the nub is placed is not that big either. So you are stopped by using the nub by reaching the plastics border around this hole and you cannot move the nub further then.

I hope that's understandable. Don't know how to describe (in english) properly :D

I think it's kinda similar to the power button on the DSi! It's hard to press without focusing imho. But other than that the nub is used for more than just power switching :(

noah111

Still Alive
CiSTM said:
Has Sony told is there way to play your UMD games with GO?
They say they will have a way to deal with it, not sure how though since they have yet to clarify on specifics much...

Tiduz

Eurogaime
He is saying the Analog sticks problem is that when you move it the skin of ur thumb gets stuck between the stick and the plastic which gives him a ''raw'' thumb.

The PSP Go is getting more and more attractive to me as the launch approaches. I think it's the first truly portable portable sytem since the GBA series. The DSs and PSPs so far have been just too big to throw in a pocket.

Struct09

That pspgo.co.uk domain isn't owned by Nintendo. I would say it's odd that someone would buy a domain and do such a forward, but sadly I'm not surprised.

Tiduz said:
He is saying the Analog sticks problem is that when you move it the skin of ur thumb gets stuck between the stick and the plastic which gives him a ''raw'' thumb.
When I played with it at E3 and Comic-con I didn't have that issue with it and I have gorilla thumbs.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
shouamabane said:
The PSP Go is getting more and more attractive to me as the launch approaches. I think it's the first truly portable portable sytem since the GBA series. The DSs and PSPs so far have been just too big to throw in a pocket.

to me too , that PSblog video sold me , but still $250 is way too much for PSP , and if the rumors are true and PS3 slim is just $299 is think this price is just pure crazy from Sony's end .

I think I will use my credit card's gift points ( have $102 worth of points now ) to help me buy a white PSP go .

Thinking of getting a PSP soon. I really like the Go, but $250 is a bit much for me. What I want to know about the PSP 3000 is, how much memory (Duo card) can the PSP read?

I really like the 16GB memory built in the to PSP Go, can the PSP 3000 read Duo cards that large? Thanks.

Ettie

Solideliquid said:
Thinking of getting a PSP soon. I really like the Go, but $250 is a bit much for me. What I want to know about the PSP 3000 is, how much memory (Duo card) can the PSP read?

I really like the 16GB memory built in the to PSP Go, can the PSP 3000 read Duo cards that large? Thanks.

Yes, I believe it can. Some have rigged as much as 32, but I'm not sure of the process.

B.K.

Solideliquid said:

There used to be a bug where it wouldn't read past about 16 or 32GB, I believe. That's been fixed. I believe the new limit that it can read is about 2TB. Of course, there will never be any cards that large.

spwolf

Solideliquid said:

if you are going to buy 16 GB duo, its going to be around $70... so with PSP Go! having an game bundled with it, it is actually cheaper than PSP 3000 Slim+16GB Duo+Game...

Top Bottom