• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psychedelic shoot ‘em up Futuridium EP Deluxe coming to PS Vita

Skyzard

Banned
12517972323_3e8fc71983_o.png

In Futuridium you are a lone starship pilot who gets lost in a dimensional loop just before a big space battle: with a limited and constantly depleting energy bar, your only hope is to fly as fast as possible over enormous space dreadnoughts and destroy all the cyan power cubes, replenishing your energy tank and revealing the dreadnought’s power core, which must be destroyed to move on to the next ship.

You have no power-ups and limited control over your speed so you can only count on your reflexes, your dual lasers, the nimbleness of you starship and… the ability to turn 180° on the spot, an essential ability to navigate on the intricate passages on the dreadnoughts.

12517856565_49fe4ea7f5_o.png

The gameplay is heavily score based – you can gain big multiplier destroying cubes and chain cubes together to get huge score boost. You can play it safe, but only taking big risks and learning the right path over the dreadnoughts will lead you to the top of the online leaderboards.

12517858385_855e1befb7_o.png

So what are we bringing to this new Deluxe version for PS Vita? Tons of new stuff:

New gameplay modes
New levels
New game mechanics
A graphic overhaul
More music
More speed
More enemies
Trophies!
New ways to crash and explode in a trillion colourful cubes (did we mention the game is super difficult?)
Ultra silk smooth 60 frames per second action

Thanks for reading, we’ll share more information about Futuridium EP Deluxe in the coming weeks and we’ll be back soon with another game announcement. See you in the comment section, I’ll be glad to reply to all your questions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB0bQXjRJr0

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/18/psychedelic-shoot-em-futuridium-ep-deluxe-coming-ps-vita/

-
Made for NeoGAF!

GAF1.gif

GAF2.gif

GAF3.gif

We'll also put up a 60fps version of the trailer soon. ;)

About twitter: sure!

Official one:
@MixedBagGames

My one:
@skyrise77

Other 50% of MixedBag, Andrea Gellato (he's working on some cool 3d models for the game right now!):
@mauzed

We also have the usual FB page:
facebook.com/MixedBagGames

Thanks for the support!

-Try out the free original version here on mac and PC.

Sendou

This is so right down my alley. Can't imagine how good it looks on OLED. These Vita games just keep coming out of nowhere. 2014 for this system just keeps getting better and better.

Coconut

Banned
It's not much of a shoot'em up it's more of a track game and it's pretty hard to tell if you are on the right plane when you are playing.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't know if the game is for me but it surely looks awesome.
I hope that developers will consider a full space sim/action/whatever game with those graphics.

I wonder whether the developers took inspiration from Andrew Braybook's Uridium, or is the name and dreadnoughts just a coincidence?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uridium

Anyway,bravo for more Vita love.

Edit. Fuck I thought I was being original.
Oh well that what happens when you frequent a hardcore gaming forum.

Skyrise

Hi guys! I'm Mauro Fanelli, 50% of MixedBag and the one from the PSBlog.

We are extra excited for bringing Futuridium on Vita, and we're adding a TON of stuff to the game. It's a bit too early to announce all the features but let's say that the version that's out now on PC/Mac/iOS is a bonus mode in this Deluxe edition. ;)

Will be happy to answer your questions about the game, I'm here!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
OP - you just described Uridium.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uridium

Needless to say, after the sheer brilliance of TxK - keep those Vita shooters coming.

Yeah! This!

I wonder whether the developers took inspiration from Andrew Braybook's Uridium, or is the name and dreadnoughts just a coincidence?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uridium

Anyway,bravo for more Vita love.

Edit. Fuck I thought I was being original.
Oh well that what happens when you frequent a hardcore gaming forum.
"We started working on Futuridium as a side project with the idea of paying homage to the retro classic Uridium,"

It's called Futuridium too ;)

We are extra excited for bringing Futuridium on Vita, and we're adding a TON of stuff to the game. It's a bit too early to announce all the features but let's say that the version that's out now on PC/Mac/iOS is a bonus mode in this Deluxe edition. ;)

Hey there! I'll try this for sure once it finishes downloading, and give my impressions. I mostly have two questions; around what price point do you have in mind for the Vita version, and do you have any estimate for the release date?

ReaperXL7

First, welcome to NeoGaf.

Is there just one ship, or are there different types you can select?

Only other really important question I have after seeing the trailer is when can I throw my money at you?

Seriously game looks awesome. Looking forward to it.

SmokyDave

Hiya! Thanks for supporting the Vita.

Just two questions, firstly, will the game support custom soundtracks?

Secondly, if I enter my name in the scoreboard as 'SmokyDave', will it unlock a super-seizure 400% extra colourful mode?

"We started working on Futuridium as a side project with the idea of paying homage to the retro classic Uridium,"

It's called Futuridium too ;)

Well that answers that question.

I'm all for re-interpretations of old Euro computer games from the 80's and 90's. Makes a change from countless Metrovania and Megaman clones.

Skyrise

Hey there! I'll try this for sure once it finishes downloading, and give my impressions. I mostly have two questions; around what price point do you have in mind for the Vita version, and do you have any estimate for the release date?

Hi!

For the PC/Mac version, please use a joypad, it's too difficult to play with keyboard! :)

1) can't say anything about the price, we're still deciding it. It'll be very reasonable.
2) Q2 2014. It's not too far away. ;)

Skyrise

First, welcome to NeoGaf.

Is there just one ship, or are there different types you can select?

Only other really important question I have after seeing the trailer is when can I throw my money at you?

Seriously game looks awesome. Looking forward to it.

Thanks!

1) Can't answer right now... ;)
2) Soon!

Damn. From the screenshots I was hoping this would be a Star Fox-like title but that's clearly not the case after watching the video. I'll still pick it up if the price is right.

Skyrise

Hiya! Thanks for supporting the Vita.

Just two questions, firstly, will the game support custom soundtracks?

Secondly, if I enter my name in the scoreboard as 'SmokyDave', will it unlock a super-seizure 400% extra colourful mode?

About custom soundtracks there's nothing decided right now.

Second: we can put it in as a super awesome easter egg! :D

Your game looks awesome; I'm definitely interested. Love the soundtrack too! Any idea on a release window yet?

Skyrise

Damn. From the screenshots I was hoping this would be a Star Fox-like title but that's clearly not the case after watching the video. I'll still pick it up if the price is right.

It's a lot more fast paced than StarFox and the gameplay is different.
It's more like a Death Star trench run + puzzle game. On LSD. Sorta... :D

elhav

Sounds like a great idea. That way Smokydave can make people angry even when they are playing their videogames.

SmokyDave

Eh, no biggie.

You can if you want my undying affection and eternal gratitude. There's a lot to be said for pumping the colours up to 11 and letting rip down an ebbing canal of psychedelic kaleidoscopic madness!

Sounds like a great a idea. That way Smokydave can make people angry even when they are playing their videogames.
I do it because I care.

Every once in a while I find myself wishing that the Vita had a 3D screen, and this is one of those times! (Tearaway was the other time, man that game looks incredible)

Game looks really sexy regardless and I'm looking forward to its release.

Skyzard

Banned

Welcome and thank you! The game looks fantastic and I'm of course excited for it on Vita, and love when originals are included as extra modes.

Native res, 60fps, 2xMSAA. ;)

Also: full realtime shadows and we'll try to add even more post processing than what's in the video.

Perfect!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Your avatar... I'm playing TxK non stop since it came out!
Awesome!

Great taste!

This looks great. This looks like exactly the kind of game I want on the Vita. You have my purchase. :)

Blimey, at this rate the Vita is going to be my favourite console ever.

Top Bottom