• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psychedelic shoot ‘em up Futuridium EP Deluxe coming to PS Vita

I played it for quite a bit yesterday (reached stage five). It's really addicting, and will be great to have it on the Vita. The only thing I would change is the cubes' look. The problem is that they don't have defined edges, so that when a handful of them are in front of you at different heights, they merge into a cyan blur that makes it almost impossible to judge distance and height correctly. I think adding black edges to them would make the game almost perfect.

Skyrise

I played it for quite a bit yesterday (reached stage five). It's really addicting, and will be great to have it on the Vita. The only thing I would change is the cubes' look. The problem is that they don't have defined edges, so that when a handful of them are in front of you at different heights, they merge into a cyan blur that makes it almost impossible to judge distance and height correctly. I think adding black edges to them would make the game almost perfect.

Thanks for the feedback!
It's something we are looking into, we have a couple of things implemented.

Anyway the basic idea of the game is in the end to have the player fly by the seat of their pants: distances, movements, the altitude on the dreadnoughts, were you are shooting, and so on, having it become second nature after a bit of playing.

We know that's not for everyone and the current Mac/PC/iOS version is really punishing in that regard. On the new gameplay modes in the Vita version it's something we're smoothening a lot. The new campaign has a smoother difficulty curve and a new basic mechanics that helps a lot.
The idea for the new campaign is: easier to get into, easier to play more, really difficult to achieve the highest score possible. ;)

Looks like StarFox, if StarFox had been above 10fps

No, seriously, will probably get this. Every new arcadey action game I can get on my Vita increases the value of the system for me.

MixedBag is a great name, btw

Thanks for the feedback!
It's something we are looking into, we have a couple of things implemented.

Anyway the basic idea of the game is in the end to have the player fly by the seat of their pants: distances, movements, the altitude on the dreadnoughts, were you are shooting, and so on, having it become second nature after a bit of playing.

We know that's not for everyone and the current Mac/PC/iOS version is really punishing in that regard. On the new gameplay modes in the Vita version it's something we're smoothening a lot. The new campaign has a smoother difficulty curve and a new basic mechanics that helps a lot.
The idea for the new campaign is: easier to get into, easier to play more, really difficult to achieve the highest score possible. ;)

I'm pretty much cool with everything else, actually. Great work! As people above mentioned, not being able to judge cube height at a glance pretty much forces you to use first person mode. Which is perfectly playable, but it's kind of a shame (and less Starfox-y) not to see your cool ship.

By the way, I kind of like the shoot sound effects more in the free PC version than in the trailer for the Vita version. Lasers > Popcorn. :)

Skyrise

I'm pretty much cool with everything else, actually. Great work! As people above mentioned, not being able to judge cube height at a glance pretty much forces you to use first person mode. Which is perfectly playable, but it's kind of a shame (and less Starfox-y) not to see your cool ship.

Duly noted.
We have a couple of ideas about it. ;)

By the way, I kind of like the shoot sound effects more in the free PC version than in the trailer for the Vita version. Lasers > Popcorn. :)

Eheh... all the game's sound effects are being reworked from the PC to the PSVita version. They'll be further tweaked before release.

Agent X

I'm looking forward to both of these games, too!

Here's a quote from the Gamasutra article about the games' development:

It took just over a week to get both games running perfectly on the PS Vita. The time it took from showing their games to Sony reps, to getting the games up and running on Sony dev kits, was rather swift.

Impressive!

Top Bottom