• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psytrance / Psybient music - any fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Ozric Tentacles are amazing. I love Jurassic Shift. I was actually into Ozric before I got into all this other stuff since I come more from a heavy metal background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi7VPXmbxME

You should also check out Eat Static - they're former Ozric members who do electronic psytrance music in the same progressive style. Posted some examples here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61441617&postcount=57

Very cool, thanks for the heads up.

-KRS-

Somehow I've missed this thread. While I don't listen nearly as much to psytrance/psybient as I used to, a lot of the artists mentioned here are still among my favorites, like Ott, Younger Brother, Infected Mushroom and of course Shpongle. I'll check out the recommendations I haven't heard yet for sure.

I have to recommend a Swedish duo called Vibrasphere. I think they split up nowadays though, but they made some good stuff.

Some downtempo/psybient:
Ensueno

Breathing Place

Erosion

Perhaps this is more progressive trance but anyway:
102 Miles From Here

Check 'em out if you haven't.

Lakitu

st5fu
Not been around much, too much crap I've had to deal with.

Thanks for the Posford/Ram backlog suggestions, Lakitu! I'm only familiar with Younger Brother, Hallucinogen, 1200 Micrograms and Yeti project.

Whoa! LOL. Raja's hippie side!

I've been listening to a lot of Space Station channel on SoMaFM lately and have tagged a few obscure ones:

Kilowatts - Astral Accident
Easily Embarrassed - Sylphesizer
The Peaking Goddess Collective - Hyperspace
Waterjuice - Liquid Journeys
Cosmic Replicant - Sunshine Way
Desert Dwellers - Misty Mountain
Outersect - Patchouli Scented Plastic
Zymosis - God Is Mine (DJ Zen Extended Remix) Part 1
Zymosis - God Is Mine (DJ Zen Extended Remix) Part 2

I've always heard of Kilowatts, Easily Embarrassed and Desert Dwellers but never really followed through in listening to them. Thanks for that, all of that sounds great, think it's about time I invest into some new albums. No idea where to start though. Think I'll check out bandcamp.

i've never been a huge psytrance fan, despite playing at many psytrance parties (acid house/techno was more my thing. psychedelic in the old sense) but I did work a bunch of these parties also and i'd just like to say that simon posford is one of the nicest fellows i've ever had the honour of plugging a synthesizer in for. plus he drew pretty flowers all over my sh-101.

also, in a weird twist, Raja Ram is cousin to a philosophy lecturer i once had.

These guys may be a bit more space/psy rock than trance, but their most recent album (linked) definitely crosses over a bit. These guys are absolutely awesome; they have over 20 albums and they're all good:
Ozric Tentacles, Paper Monkeys

Edit: They're kind of like shpongle in a lot of ways, if that sways you to listen :p

Well that sounds bloody great (just listened to the first few minutes). Always wanted to check them out, I'll start with this album.

I love this kind of music. I have a spotify list with psybient and slow psytrance that I've been collecting for a while.

http://open.spotify.com/user/kerub/playlist/0AUgfx6ywgDpEcpLMDFqMV

I've never used Spotify, so many artists I want to discover with the genre. Going to try it out and check out our playlist. Thanks.

Somehow I've missed this thread. While I don't listen nearly as much to psytrance/psybient as I used to, a lot of the artists mentioned here are still among my favorites, like Ott, Younger Brother, Infected Mushroom and of course Shpongle. I'll check out the recommendations I haven't heard yet for sure.

I have to recommend a Swedish duo called Vibrasphere. I think they split up nowadays though, but they made some good stuff.

Some downtempo/psybient:
Ensueno

Breathing Place

Erosion

Perhaps this is more progressive trance but anyway:
102 Miles From Here

Check 'em out if you haven't.

Yeah, love Vibrasphere, they've produced some of my favourite stuff in the genre. Great picks :) Shame they're no longer going.

By the way, it seems like Younger Brother's Electronic version of Vaccine may be released very soon going by this Facebook post:

Holiday present coming from Younger Brother in the next few days. We'll give you a clue - it makes noise and is electronic.

x

Give it to me.

Hugely into electronic music of all kinds, but damn if some of the genre names don't sound stupid as hell. What the fuck does the "psy" prefix even mean?

Paganmoon

Hugely into electronic music of all kinds, but damn if some of the genre names don't sound stupid as hell. What the fuck does the "psy" prefix even mean?

Psychedelic.

Guess I'll contribute by stating Hallucinogen (Posford) is my all time fave artist. Orphic Trench being the favorite track.

They don't make 'em like they did in the 90's anymore, love that sound.

-KRS-

Psychedelic. It was actually applied to rock first, as in Psychedelic Rock. And yeah they say it's very suited for tripping, although I'm not sure I'd want to trip to psytrance like Infected Mushroom and such. It's too scary sounding I think. Psybient is much better for that in my opinion because of it's often soothing and comforting sounds.

Pete Rock

Psychedelic brahhh we be trippinnn
Ta-da! Anyone remotely interested in this music scene needs to make a point to see Simon and his crew touring with the Shpongletron. Support these wonderful artists, lose yourself to the flow and you will be rewarded with a fantastic time. Desert Dwellers had a phenomenal opening set as well. So much love!

Lakitu

st5fu
Ta-da! Anyone remotely interested in this music scene needs to make a point to see Simon and his crew touring with the Shpongletron. Support these wonderful artists, lose yourself to the flow and you will be rewarded with a fantastic time. Desert Dwellers had a phenomenal opening set as well. So much love!

I've caught some videos of the shows on Youtube. Looks amazing. Love his mash-up of Around the World in a Tea Daze and Jiggle of the Sphinx.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I'm quite the fan! Never seen this thread before.

I like a lot of psy-trance, but there's also a reasonable chunk that I kind of dislike. It's got to be somewhat uplifting, something to get me going. It helps to have some kind of melody, and not just be a kickdrum, a running bassline, and ghost train noises over the top (quite a few "psy-trance" songs I've heard are basically this, no thought or effort put into them whatsoever).

Shining examples of songs I consider to be "good" psy-trance:

Talamasca vs. Space Cat - On Purpose - my all-time favourite track. Just absolutely banging, I get chills even as it gets going.

Space Cat - Power Up - That vocal melody towards the middle is absolutely fantastic.

Oforia - Special Offer - Again, it's that bit in the middle that just rocks so hard it's ridiculous.

So yeah, I like it a lot, it's just got to have that uplifting, techy edge to set it above the "everyday" material. I notice that OP also mentioned Vibrasphere, them and Ticon were always favourites of mine too.

I was gonna see him in Boston but Simon couldn't get his passport & missed the date - LOL!! Rescheduled for April - SO PUMPED!

Izayoi

Banned
I absolutely fucking love Infected Mushroom. Saw them live at Freaknight last year and they were arguably the best act of the entire show.

Psytrance as a whole is dope, especially on shrooms. Great thread!

Pete Rock

I've caught some videos of the shows on Youtube. Looks amazing. Love his mash-up of Around the World in a Tea Daze and Jiggle of the Sphinx.
Yes it is definitely worth making a point to see them in full force live in person once in your short lifetime, even if it is "just" the electronic set. I was pretty much at max hype level when he mixed in the most danceable and reverberated version of Divine Moments of Truth yet. The whole crowd absolutely lost it, just a wonderful coalescence of energy, no other way I can think of describing the feeling of everyone grooving with such righteous synchronicity.

Excellent, glad to give it a bump and see another friendly face in the mix!

So yeah, I like it a lot, it's just got to have that uplifting, techy edge to set it above the "everyday" material. I notice that OP also mentioned Vibrasphere, them and Ticon were always favourites of mine too.
Agreed, like any genre there is a decent amount of average churn, but the highlights are so deliciously magical! This genre of music and style of production and live presentation has completely changed my life for the better, and we can all participate in it now, it's not a dead end concept that was tried and failed in the sixties or some such nonsense. I had a lot of similarly negative concepts embedded in my consciousness and in retrospect I would not have been able to evolve outside of their limiting potential without being exposed to this type of artwork and the surrounding scene of beautiful fanatics. It is worth it to dig through and find the sounds and the artists that are meaningful to you, because they went to the other side and brought something back that you can relate to deep down inside, and I feel that level of comprehension is priceless.

I was gonna see him in Boston but Simon couldn't get his passport & missed the date - LOL!! Rescheduled for April - SO PUMPED!
Nice! I wondered about that little mixup, glad to see it's been handled well. I'm excited for you, have a blast!

Psytrance as a whole is dope, especially on shrooms. Great thread!
All perception being gamble, I still feel safe saying that one thing's consistent in this experience - there's definitely a vast and distinct difference in energy between those who have been getting there, and those who have been sitting at the bar drinking coors and nodding their head for the last three hours. Namaste!

Izayoi

Banned
Seriously though, I have never felt more energy in one place than when Infected Mushroom put on Now Is Gold... Legitimately one of my favorite tracks from any genre. You could almost see the electricity in the air, it was absolutely insane.

Friends on Mushrooms is just amazing in general - listened to the entire album through and through my first time doing shrooms and the experience drastically changed my outlook on life (for the better).

Lakitu

st5fu
I've neglected this thread too much lately, to be honest, I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

I like a lot of psy-trance, but there's also a reasonable chunk that I kind of dislike. It's got to be somewhat uplifting, something to get me going. It helps to have some kind of melody, and not just be a kickdrum, a running bassline, and ghost train noises over the top (quite a few "psy-trance" songs I've heard are basically this, no thought or effort put into them whatsoever).

Shining examples of songs I consider to be "good" psy-trance:

Talamasca vs. Space Cat - On Purpose - my all-time favourite track. Just absolutely banging, I get chills even as it gets going.

Space Cat - Power Up - That vocal melody towards the middle is absolutely fantastic.

Oforia - Special Offer - Again, it's that bit in the middle that just rocks so hard it's ridiculous.

Thanks for the recommendations, never heard of Space Cat before. Sounds really good. I've always been more into 'psybient' but I'm definitely getting into more psytrance stuff aswell. More psytrance suggestions are definitely appreciated.

I've only just listened to The Lone Deranger in full a couple of months ago for instance and now it's one of my favourite albums.

Yes it is definitely worth making a point to see them in full force live in person once in your short lifetime, even if it is "just" the electronic set. I was pretty much at max hype level when he mixed in the most danceable and reverberated version of Divine Moments of Truth yet. The whole crowd absolutely lost it, just a wonderful coalescence of energy, no other way I can think of describing the feeling of everyone grooving with such righteous synchronicity.

Yeah, on Youtube alone the whole experience looks amazing. Can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to see the full live band.

I wonder if anybody's going to the live shows in Brussels on May 10th and at Red Rocks too.

Apparently, Simon Posford performed one of his DJ sets on the previous tour and completely changed it up to make it sound more dubby. I need to check on Youtube for that.

There have been a couple of notable releases lately, Globular released a new EP called Digging and Buildingnot too long ago and it's brilliant as usual.

Greg Hunter (who collaborated with Simon Posford on the excellent Dub Trees album) and Hataken released a new album. Wåveshåper - Empty Path. Also excellent.

And finally, I'm sure I've already recommended it already but if you're getting into genre or already into it, check out the PsyAmb Mixes. Just checking out the recent mix now (67 - Spacey Psychill).

Shpongletron 3.0 was amazing, Lakitu! His firewire card crapped out on him in the middle of his set in Boston, but he got it repaired pretty quickly. It was great to see Simon being Simon, but it was at the end of his DJ set tour (before the Colorado full band performance) and I could tell he was a bit burnt out. I enjoyed the Desert Dwellers opening set as well - I'm not familiar with their stuff but it was nice and trippy. I felt kinda old - I was surprised to see so many young hippies - but there was this old Grateful Dead type 60-70 yr old geezer next to me totally spazzing out and getting lots of love from the young crowd with hugs and smiles. It was all good vibes man.

I've been really getting back into OTT lately - the guy makes some beautiful music:

OTT - Queen of All Everything
OTT - Shower of Sparks
OTT - Adrift in Hilbert Space

I'm also loving the old Airdrawndagger era Sasha stuff lately too - he was super artistic and talented back in the day & he was definitely in the "psy" vein but lately his music is kind of a douchy mix DJ stuff:

Sasha - Wavy Gravy
Sasha - Magnetic North
Sasha - Baja

His collaborations with Digweed are great too, esp. Northern Exposure.

I've been trippin' on this tune on repeat too:

Saafi Brothers - On Air
Saafi Brothers - good shit.

Pete Rock

I don't have the time to go, I wish I would have planned for Red Rocks though as Simon is making it sound like it may be one of the last times they get the whole live band together. Ever. According to a recent update on his FB page they will "only lose $249" if they sell out at Red Rocks. Uhhhh .... uhhh ... do you frequently get a group of your mates together from all around the world to put on an insane one of a kind performance and collectively lose money? If anyone has the capacity to go see them and is on the fence, please do.

I don't have the time to go, I wish I would have planned for Red Rocks though as Simon is making it sound like it may be one of the last times they get the whole live band together. Ever. According to a recent update on his FB page they will "only lose $249" if they sell out at Red Rocks. Uhhhh .... uhhh ... do you frequently get a group of your mates together from all around the world to put on an insane one of a kind performance and collectively lose money? If anyone has the capacity to go see them and is on the fence, please do.

Yeah, that's why he rarely travels with the band overseas - it costs way too much money. I'm hoping he releases a DVD for Red Rocks. He's been saying "last time" for many years though.

Toreal

Younger Brother (Benji Vaughan and Simon Posford, Prometheus/Sphongle) just released their remix album of their last album Vaccine.
Its called Vaccine Eletronic and its free on their Ios and Android app
You can download the free app from here:
IOS
Android
Go to the menu and select music, Vaccine Eletronic and you have 8 new Younger Brother songs :)

Benji Vaughan also released a solo album late in 2013 i recommend checking out
Benji Vaughan - Even Tundra

Filaipus

Banned
Raises hand*

theres a new shpongle album in the works! btw

Saw them live in Houston... was pure genius. No regrets. I haven't heard some of those artists so im about to check those out.

Big fan of old YB, OTT though. Not so much the new younger brother... the new album was awful

This is probably OTT's best song along with simon posford.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVLuXjQik9Y

First time hearing it, I like it. It's different enough that it doesn't become boring like most trance music and things like that.

Lakitu

st5fu

Younger Brother (Benji Vaughan and Simon Posford, Prometheus/Sphongle) just released their remix album of their last album Vaccine.
Its called Vaccine Eletronic and its free on their Ios and Android app
You can download the free app from here:
IOS
Android
Go to the menu and select music, Vaccine Eletronic and you have 8 new Younger Brother songs :)

Benji Vaughan also released a solo album late in 2013 i recommend checking out
Benji Vaughan - Even Tundra

The album is fantastic, their best album yet IMO. Even better than Last Days of Gravity. But at this point, sure there are versions out there you can download but I'm actually surprised they've not released it outside the Younger Brother app. Not a good way to get it to your fans.

And yeah, good recommendation, Even Tundra is really nice :)

By the way Ott recently started a kickstarter to fund his new album and to lock himself away in his studio. It's been met already but here it is.

And Solar Fields released his RGB collection, a very large update of the tracks he has released on various compilations. Haven't had time to listen though. Here are previews of each album: Red, Green, Blue.

Subscribed to this thread. Only recently found out I love this type of music (thanks weed and acid!). Well, I love Shpongle, anyways. And like Beats Antique and Carbon Based Lifeforms a lot. Don't know what genre they fall into exactly.

Lakitu

st5fu
Entheogenic - Enthymesis has been released and available to buy

a0229822810_2.jpg

I actually didn't know they'd release something this year, but they've been on a roll lately with Gaia Sophia and Anthropomorphic. So I'm gonna buy this. Can't wait to give it a listen.

Edit: I just noticed the triforce on the cover art.

Started to listen to some of the groups from this thread I'd never heard of before, like Infected Mushroom, Solar Fields, 1200 Micrograms, Connect.Ohm, Wizzy Noise, and Entheogenic.

I've enjoyed them all, actually! My favorite of this bunch so far (from just a few hours tonight) is Entheogenic.

Lakitu

st5fu
Wish he'd tour Europe :( NA is getting all the Shpongle love. I'm not missing the next live show they do in London, that's for sure.

In other Psybient related stuff, I've been working on a Spotify playlist, hopefully I can share that here when I'm done with it.

Also, a couple of really good albums/artists that I should recommend (and haven't been mentioned in this thread so far). They are incredible albums, go as far to say they are some of my favourites:

Yggdrasil - Prose Edda

Tara Putra - In Dubland
Available for free on Ektoplazm

Radioactive Sandwich - A World of Delights

Kalya Scintilla - Dance the Spiral Never Ending

Bluetech + Kilowatts colab Invisible Allies: Conversations with Bees came out a couple of months back: http://alephzerorecords.bandcamp.com/album/conversations-with-bees

It's decent, but I prefer their first album.

Personally, the high water mark for this genre for me is still Phutureprimitive: Sub Conscious. I love the dark mood of that release, but everything he's done since has been dubsteppy nonsense. Can anyone recommend other releases along the lines of Sub Conscious?

jambo

Does anyone know where to get a copy of John 00 Fleming's Psy Trance Euphoria vol 1 compilation?

I found vol 2 really easily, but no signs on vol 1 anywhere on the web.

I loved these 2 recommendations.
This spacey, sci-fi ambient sound is great!

Hope to find more stuff like this!

The entire Ultimae Records catalog is pretty spectacular. Solar Fields also did the soundtrack for the EA game, Mirror's Edge.

Check out Aes Dana and H.U.V.A. Network (Solar Fields + Aes Dana)

Oh hey, someone kicked this thread back into life! :p

Went to S.U.N. Festival last week. Greatest experience of my life so far. Wonderful people, beautiful surroundings, amazing music... couldn't have asked for more. Kaya Project was a joy. And I stomped so hard to Hallucinogen I stabbed my foot on some rocks. Good times.

For a few recommendations out of the blue, try Atmos' new remix of Protonica's 'Greece'. I'm also playing a lot of Liquid Soul's 'I see the Spirit'.

r1chard

Yay!

I own almost everything that Ultimae have released (Carbon Based Lifeforms, Solar Fields, HUVA, etc. etc) and am a regular scanner of the soundclouds for more psybient/psytrance :)

Benji Vaughan has a couple of great mixes of his work on soundcloud.

I'll be looking into more links from this thread :)

I'm so into Psybient. CBL are an all time favourite of mine. Their hour long drone track/album VLA is so good... perfect for having on in the background at night.

Ultimae's lineup is fantastic, like others have said.

Desert Dwelle'rs Recalibrated, Kaya Project's Elixir remixes, Firedance album... all so good.

Pejo

Gold Member
So i had no idea this genre was a thing until this afternoon at work . Listened to most of the links in the first page whlie i was still there, loved most of it. Will definitely sort through this thread and listen to some more. Thanks for the heads up!

F!ReW!Re

The entire Ultimae Records catalog is pretty spectacular. Solar Fields also did the soundtrack for the EA game, Mirror's Edge.

Check out Aes Dana and H.U.V.A. Network (Solar Fields + Aes Dana)

Thanks for the tips!
Gonna listen to those during work today!

Edit;
Now listening to the Aes Dana - Perimeters album.
It's great!

Pete Rock

Shpongle just announced a second wave of US dates (DJ set) with Beats Antique!
I saw Beats front row in October and it was supremely fantastic. Not only did I touch the cyclops kitty, but during the ending "extravaganza/callback" number, Zoe was wearing the big Lions Head over a checkered body-suit and it went flying off her when she lunged out towards the audience. These dudes to the right of me, who half-way through the show shoved a DMT bowl in front of my face and offered to light it for me (no thanks) put it on this girls head who was passed out face down, leaning against the front rail. I yoinked it off her and handed it back to a clearly confused and distraught Zoe and she leaned out over us and thanked me lol.

I saw Shpongle & DD in March and it was beautiful. Shpongle + BA together will surely be fantastic! I like Emancipator enough to enjoy it live and am not positive about Lafa Taylor but I'm sure they will both be adequate openers.

Probably hit Chicago on the 18th but I am not sure yet. Vegas would be SO amazing. Ughhh.

Since seeing Desert Dwellers LIVE they have completely taken over my soundscape and are my #1 scrobbled artist, at 1,508 tracks played now. They were one of hundreds of folders in my "psybient" genre listing and I had honestly slept on them for way too long. Really powerful compositions and production in all of their tracks. I listen to a hand-selected mix from all of their Yoga CD's every morning, it's about an hour and a half of absolute blissful flow.

Desert Dwellers - Yoga Dub Mystic (Eastern Sun Remix)
Desert Dwellers - Wandering Sadhu
Desert Dwellers - Bodhi Tree Dub (Visions mix)
Desert Dwellers - Shiva Nataraj (Drumspyder remix)
Desert Dwellers - More Than Anything (Vast Sky Mix)
Desert Dwellers - Dragon's Mist (Kaminanda Re-mist)
Desert Dwellers - Tala Odyssey (Drumspyder Remix)

I have also been listening to a lot of Sounds From The Ground lately... here is a wonderful selection from them, possibly my favorite.

Sounds From The Ground - Viper Style

Phaeleh (fella):
Plateau
Afterglow feat Soundmouse (First heard this track at the 95 minute mark in one of Amani's Yoga Sets)

Adham Shaikh is really another absolute master at work here and I am slowly rinsing my way through his catalog. It is absolutely stunning, simply beautiful.

Adham Shaikh - Beyond I
Adham Shaikh - Opal
Adham Shaikh - Rug Rippin
Adham Shaikh - Kundalini Fuel
Adham Shaikh - Somptin Hapnin (Water In Me)

Jai Uttal:
Jai Uttal - Shri Krishna Govinda - This is probably one of the most beautiful tracks I have ever heard. It brings happy tears to my eyes every time. The DD remix of this is also absolutely perfect.
Jai Uttal - Ganesha (wind mix)
Jai Uttal - Let Me Be Sky
Jai Uttal - Bhavani Shankara
I cry to leave this lifeless cage, and come back to my home
Cry to the mother of all, don't leave me alone
Cry to the master of time, for making me his slave
Cry to the slayer of death, from deep in my grave, now I
Cry to the heavens, for opening up my eyes
Wrap me in your arms
Please don't let me go
Yggdrasil
I really loved Prose Edda the first few times I listened to it but upon reflection on my favorite tracks, just when they are getting good and peaking out, they lace in this "odious" guitar sound which I just can't stomach anymore.

Tara Putra - In Dubland
Yessss

Kalya Scintilla
Double-yesssss, first discovered him through this Desert Dwellers remix.

Break Belief (Desert Dwellers Remix)
Kalya Scintilla - Zulu Voodoo
Kalya Scintilla - Axis Mundi
Kalya Scintilla - Swamp Related
Kalya Scintilla - Whomp Shanti
Kalya Scintilla - Listen With Your Heart
Kalya Scintilla-Infinitely Being
Kalya Scintilla-We Are Divine
Goosebumpz - Texas Teeth (Kalya Scintilla Remix)

lazygecko

Psytrance is something I like indulging in small doses or over limited periods. I like it, but I think it's very formulaic and if you deviate too much from the formula it's questionable if you can still call it psy (hell, look at all the shit Infected Mushroom gets).

I'm partial to the more whimsical Finnish psytrance scene (dubbed Suomisaundi). Especially the type that takes influence from funk and disco, turning it more into some kind of goofy, light-hearted psy-house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTXKB2CpKrU

Lakitu

st5fu
Sorry I've not been updating this thread much, I've been feeling pretty sick quite recently so honestly I've not had the energy :(

I have been slowly updating my Psybient Spotify playlist. Check out the playlist if you want to guys.

You'll see some very familiar stuff most likely but hopefully you may discover some stuff you haven't heard so far. There's a Tara Putra track on there but his recent album is not on Spotify but I had to include it because the track is among my favourite tracks ever. If I am well enough, I guess I'll be updating it.

Übermatik;124204439 said:
I'm so into Psybient. CBL are an all time favourite of mine. Their hour long drone track/album VLA is so good... perfect for having on in the background at night.

Ultimae's lineup is fantastic, like others have said.

Desert Dwelle'rs Recalibrated, Kaya Project's Elixir remixes, Firedance album... all so good.

Agree about CBL, absolutely love them. VLA is absolutely perfect and I'll fall asleep to TwentyThree sometimes. It's up there as one of my favourite ambient ever, I would say that most recently that Bluetech's Dreaming into Being has come close.

So i had no idea this genre was a thing until this afternoon at work . Listened to most of the links in the first page whlie i was still there, loved most of it. Will definitely sort through this thread and listen to some more. Thanks for the heads up!

Glad to have more people join in, welcome!

Yay!

I own almost everything that Ultimae have released (Carbon Based Lifeforms, Solar Fields, HUVA, etc. etc) and am a regular scanner of the soundclouds for more psybient/psytrance :)

Benji Vaughan has a couple of great mixes of his work on soundcloud.

I'll be looking into more links from this thread :)

I'll have to check out that Benji Vaughan mix, thanks! And love Ultimae too, but I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of their label even though I've listened to a lot of CBL, Solar Fields and really enjoyed HUVA Networks stuff. I have to admit I haven't heard much of Aes Dana's stuff.

Übermatik;124198067 said:
Oh hey, someone kicked this thread back into life! :p

Went to S.U.N. Festival last week. Greatest experience of my life so far. Wonderful people, beautiful surroundings, amazing music... couldn't have asked for more. Kaya Project was a joy. And I stomped so hard to Hallucinogen I stabbed my foot on some rocks. Good times.

For a few recommendations out of the blue, try Atmos' new remix of Protonica's 'Greece'. I'm also playing a lot of Liquid Soul's 'I see the Spirit'.

Sounds like you had a great time, awesome. Thanks for the links, I'm not really privy to Atmos' stuff but I have heard great things. I'll have to check them out.

Desert Dwellers - Yoga Dub Mystic (Eastern Sun Remix)
Desert Dwellers - Wandering Sadhu
Desert Dwellers - Bodhi Tree Dub (Visions mix)
Desert Dwellers - Shiva Nataraj (Drumspyder remix)
Desert Dwellers - More Than Anything (Vast Sky Mix)
Desert Dwellers - Dragon's Mist (Kaminanda Re-mist)
Desert Dwellers - Tala Odyssey (Drumspyder Remix)

I have also been listening to a lot of Sounds From The Ground lately... here is a wonderful selection from them, possibly my favorite.

Sounds From The Ground - Viper Style

Phaeleh (fella):
Plateau
Afterglow feat Soundmouse (First heard this track at the 95 minute mark in one of Amani's Yoga Sets)

Adham Shaikh is really another absolute master at work here and I am slowly rinsing my way through his catalog. It is absolutely stunning, simply beautiful.

Adham Shaikh - Beyond I
Adham Shaikh - Opal
Adham Shaikh - Rug Rippin
Adham Shaikh - Kundalini Fuel
Adham Shaikh - Somptin Hapnin (Water In Me)

Jai Uttal:
Jai Uttal - Shri Krishna Govinda - This is probably one of the most beautiful tracks I have ever heard. It brings happy tears to my eyes every time. The DD remix of this is also absolutely perfect.
Jai Uttal - Ganesha (wind mix)
Jai Uttal - Let Me Be Sky
Jai Uttal - Bhavani Shankara

Thanks for all the links, I've absolutely loved everything I've heard of Desert Dwellers so far. Wandering Sadhu moves me so much. It's unbelievably beautiful.

I really loved Prose Edda the first few times I listened to it but upon reflection on my favorite tracks, just when they are getting good and peaking out, they lace in this "odious" guitar sound which I just can't stomach anymore.

I actually enjoy their guitar sound for some reason, have you checked out their most recent release under their new name, Kurbeats? Folktronica Not feeling it so far but it's definitely original. Needs a few more listens.

I've only listened to Dance the Spiral Never Ending so far, I've been meaning to check out more of his stuff. Thanks! Glad you're also a Tara Putra fan, his stuff is amazing.

Lakitu

st5fu
Today, during the September #SuperMoon, we start #Shpongle6. Raj has bought a bass flute that's heavier than a drainpipe! We are overflowing with ideas and thrilled to be getting #Shpongled again :::)

10628006_10152355539453946_8915286252511378426_n.jpg

:D Glad to be back on the Shpongle hype train! Hope they have a new track ready for the Creature Carnival tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom