• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puerto Rico Mayor invited to WH conference call, told she's not allowed to speak

geomon

Pgfsj1M.gif

Should I even listen to this? Any indication that the island going to get the help that they need? That's all I care about at this point. Family and friends are struggling at the moment, and can't add more anxiety due to Trump buffoonery.

mnannola

He just said they screwed up his budget? Jesus Christ this guy has to go already.

He literally doesn't give a shit about anyone that is affected. He really doesn't think about them at all. He is disgusting and I feel sorry for anyone suffering that is hurt by his complete lack of empathy.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I hope someone brings this up for the next presidential election and show the republicans are horrible people and trump is the worst of them all.

Ac30

why the fuck is he talking about the figher jets? "you literally can't see them!" no, that's not the way stealth fighters work!

tenor.gif

Someday, someone will make a supercut of all the dumb shit he's said. It won't make the next 3 years easier, but at least it'll be damned entertaining when it's over.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
He literally doesn't give a shit about anyone that is affected. He really doesn't think about them at all. He is disgusting and I feel sorry for anyone suffering that is hurt by his complete lack of empathy.

The governor kissing his ass really pissed me off. Just infuriating all around.

tbm24

Should I even listen to this? Any indication that the island going to get the help that they need? That's all I care about at this point. Family and friends are struggling at the moment, and can't add more anxiety due to Trump buffoonery.
He genuinely didn’t talk about the island, except to say BOY YOU GUYS SURE GOT HIT HUH?! Nothing else aside bringing people up to praise his and his team’s asses. He even started going around the room while ignoring the mayor of San Juan whom they invited to this fucking thing.

So was this just a quick stop-over for Trump to throw some more shit at the suffering people of Puerto Rico, reminding them how 'lucky' they are that only 16 people died compared to Katrina, and now it's back on the plane to prepare some more prayers for Vegas and go shill for the NRA tomorrow? Do I have that right?

tbm24

So was this just a quick stop-over for Trump to throw some more shit at the suffering people of Puerto Rico, reminding them how 'lucky' they are that only 16 people died compared to Katrina, and now it's back on the plane to prepare some more prayers for Vegas and go shill for the NRA tomorrow? Do I have that right?
He’s leaving today?

daveo42

Banned
Thought I read that he'll be in Vegas on Wednesday, but maybe that's changed?

Yeah...it takes him two full weeks to visit Puerto Rico after a natural disaster and just a few days to go to Las Vegas after the horrible events that took place there this weekend. Guess where this orange shitstain has a hotel?

RDreamer

So... is anyone going to tell him that the certified death toll isn't an actual death toll right now because the government that would certify deaths is pretty much destroyed and people are at home trying to care for their families and just survive?

It's not going to be 16 people at the end of all this...

geomon

Trump to Puerto Rico: Your hurricane isn’t a “real catastrophe” like Katrina

“If you look at the — every death is a horror, but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina and you look at the tremendous hundreds and hundreds of people that died and what happened here with a storm that was just totally over bearing. No one has ever seen anything like that. What is your death count?"

"16," responded Governor Ricardo Rosselló.

"16 certified," Trump said, and then told all leaders assembled that they should all be "very proud."

The reality is that the death count is far higher, as my colleague Eliza Barclay has noted. The situation is so bad in Puerto Rico that the government can't even issue death certificates to count the dead.

I feel like I'm on the verge of a panic attack. This is only year one...year fucking one out of 4.

So... is anyone going to tell him that the certified death toll isn't an actual death toll right now because the government that would certify deaths is pretty much destroyed and people are at home trying to care for their families and just survive?

It's not going to be 16 people at the end of all this...

It won't be.

RaidenZR

Even though Trump is a walking, talking calamity of whirlwind shit, everyone with a brain absolutely knew Trump wouldn’t be able handle a REAL crisis well (especially one out his control). We’re seeing that play out in real time, and one after another where his shitty character and leadership abilities are being tested and recorded. One after another he fails, not just abysmally but simultaneously setting the lowest bar for any President this country may have in the future.

At this point, he is no longer just a disgrace to America, but a complete disgrace to the collective human race. He can’t even pretend to be good for 5 simple minutes so we can avoid another bunch of ludicrous stump statements...

Pure garbage.

His lack of empathy never fails to stun. Reducing victims of both this and Katrina to "death count" and statistics. You guys win! You had a lower death count! Ugh.

Top Bottom