• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Zedox

Having a great time so far. (pun not intended)

Haven't watched the first episode yet as it was stuttering (probably because I'm downloading the show as well). So i'm gonna go to sleep and watch it tomorrow.

Oh and GHG, I'm not gonna stop. :p

fAMb.png

Wow so not only no preorder, we dont even know if its going to be available on April 5 depending on timezone.

For example if they released in the final hour PST, it would be April 6 iin EST

Man was hoping to buy and get it downloading tonight

golem

Wow so not only no preorder, we dont even know if its going to be available on April 5 depending on timezone.

Yeah the whole PC release situation has been pretty lame.

Animator

Yea this is the first and last time I am buying anything from the windows store. Almost tempted to just say fuck it and buy a bunch of Vive games instead even though I am not getting my vive for another month.

ElRenoRaven

So first act done and I'm enjoying this without a doubt. Story is interesting as hell. So wish I could stay up all night to continue playing but after this first episode I'm calling it.

Jarmel

Banned
Just got to Act 2 but there's a whole lot of things I want to praise the game for.

One major thing is that the narratively the game doesn't exactly withhold information. It also doesn't exactly hold your hand but it's not difficult to follow along.

Also tons of foreshadowing.

dreamfall

Nobody builds a game world like Remedy. All of these collectibles actually flesh out more of the story in really interesting ways, I feel motivated to listen, watch and read everything just like in Alan Wake.

The gunplay in that first act, holy goodness! I think I need to turn aim assist off completely- I can only imagine and hope that it'll control like a dream with Kb/M. Blown away by the motion capture of the characters' faces, but body animation still looks stiff.

This game is going to be a wild ride! Loving every second!

I'm not really trying to defend them, but does it really matter if you get to play the game on the release day or a few hours later?

I mean, eastern regions gamers like from Asia and Australia have accepted this for decades. If a game has a release date on Friday, we'll play it on Saturday naturally.

PreFire

About to go get this at bestbuy. Do I need to renew my xbox live gold account to get anything out of the game? Haven't used my xbox one in months, so if I don't need it for this game, I rather not

Everyone liking it so far?

Jarmel

Banned
The combat is a lot better than I was expecting. Going from the reviews and videos, I thought it would be janky. It's not perfect but it's super fun.

ElRenoRaven

Just got the third time power in the library and wow the combat feels really slick.

It really does. I like how they don't take forever to give you your powers also. Most games do it so slowly but they're like here have a power, here have another power, here have yet another. I really like that. They certainly don't handhold.

Jarmel

Banned
It really does. I like how they don't take forever to give you your powers also. Most games do it so slowly but they're like here have a power, here have another power, here have yet another. I really like that. They certainly don't handhold.

They give you the whole toolbox from the getgo and say "Go have fun".

BKG

Banned
Just finished the first act and episode, loved every minute of it! The tv show is much better than i thought it'd be so far and the gunplay feels amazing. Can't wait to jump back in tomorrow, enjoy everybody!

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question for those playing on Xbox One -

Is there an on/off option for the controller vibration? Thanks.

spannicus

Game looks and is fucking amazing. Playing on hard. Not gonna bother with PC version, gonna enjoy this on the big screen. Get this game seriously!

Mufc1427

I just finished the first act, It was pretty good. The story is very interesting and the first episode of the tv show was pretty decent. The effects in this game are insane.

This PC release is needlessly confusing, even for people who are thoroughly familiar with Windows 10 and it's store.

Microsoft has a lot of work to do. You'd think that they'd haul out the exclusive fullscreen for this release but we have to wait 1-2 months. Very lame.

Just beat Act Two. Really enjoying this game as a longtime Remedy fan and sci go geek.
I wasn't 100% sold on the tv idea before but it works pretty well in context.
Has some good performances and writing so far.

Top Bottom