• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

etta

my hard graphic balls
You know what I just fucking realised playing MGS V? The game exhibits the same two things people dumped on QB for: no blind fire, and skipped/quick animations when aiming down. Yet MGS V is praised to heavens and back for the best controlling TPS ever made but QB? Unrealistic jank!

Off to bed.

Montresor

You know what I just fucking realised playing MGS V? The game exhibits the same two things people dumped on QB for: no blind fire, and skipped/quick animations when aiming down. Yet MGS V is praised to heavens and back for the best controlling TPS ever made but QB? Unrealistic jank!

Off to bed.

The skipped/quick animations for aiming down the sights was incredibly over blown. I knew the second someone complained about that pre-release (from looking at gifs) that it was whining for whining's sake.

I mean all it takes is holding down the LT button for one split-second in Quantum Break to realize that there is zero wrong with the animation.

Filben

Off to bed.
Double standards everywhere. It's also interesting that some people complain about the cover mechanics while you don't suppose to play it like a cover-based shooter (those I find very stationary and boring). You don't simply need blind fire. And the game even encourages you with all those abilities. Yet people don't complain about red traffic lights in GTA. You could stop at every light just because the game offers these mechanics. But, you know, you could have fun instead.

I'll leave this here, as a little teaser. Still haven't finished this game because of other games I wanted to finish first. But damn, is this fun!
https://giant.gfycat.com/NauticalFamiliarAmericantoad.webm

Sydle

Just completed it. I enjoyed the gameplay a lot and it sure is pretty (running GTX 1070), but I did not care for the live action scenes or the final encounter (WTF!). I think the entire act in the
Monarch building (that train 0_0, all the enemies frozen in time all over the building, etc.)
made a big impression on me and I don't think I'll forget that anytime soon.

The game crashed on me only once during my 12 hours, so I consider myself lucky after reading about so many other issues on PC.

GravyButt

Just started the game today (xb1) and so far really liking what ive played. Really didn't think id enjoy it after hearing buddies talk about it. But yea digging it a lot so far!

Unit24

Is it just me, or does the Xbone version of this game have input lag? The menus feel fine, but in gameplay, everything feels slow. Is the PC version any better?

Unit24

I haven't observed any added input lag on the PC version.

Welp, if that's true, I may return the game and get the PC version, and add Quantum Break to the ever growing list of Xbone games that suck on the console they were billed as "exclusives" for. I'm shocked there isn't a bigger stink about this (assuming there isn't some easy fix I'm totally unaware of).

Montresor

Welp, if that's true, I may return the game and get the PC version, and add Quantum Break to the ever growing list of Xbone games that suck on the console they were billed as "exclusives" for. I'm shocked there isn't a bigger stink about this (assuming there isn't some easy fix I'm totally unaware of).

Jumping to conclusions much? Maybe the game also has input lag on PC but that poster doesn't notice it?

Many people stated there was input lag on Rise Of The Tomb Raider on XB1 but I didn't notice any of that. Possibly TV setup can be a contributor. Or perhaps there is real input lag regardless of TV setup and some people (like me, and hey, maybe even Daingurse) don't notice it at all.

I put 40 hours into the XB1 version of QB and never noticed any input lag problems.

Unit24

Jumping to conclusions much? Maybe the game also has input lag on PC but that poster doesn't notice it?

Many people stated there was input lag on Rise Of The Tomb Raider on XB1 but I didn't notice any of that. Possibly TV setup can be a contributor. Or perhaps there is real input lag regardless of TV setup and some people (like me, and hey, maybe even Daingurse) don't notice it at all.

I put 40 hours into the XB1 version of QB and never noticed any input lag problems.

Yeah I might be overreacting, it's just a thing I'm feeling more and more on Xbone games and it's really frustrating. I know it's not a TV problem because it happens even on a monitor, and I've compared the PC versions of DR3 and RotTR to the Xbone versions, and the latter versions both felt slow. In any case, movement is a bit sluggish and aiming doesn't feel as snappy as it should, which funnily enough makes the time powers feel all the more useful.

Other than the control issues, I'm really enjoying the game so far. I always appreciate cool time powers that aren't just generic bullettime stuff. If there really is input lag and I'm not just crazy, it's at least minimal enough that the game is still fun.

Yeah I might be overreacting, it's just a thing I'm feeling more and more on Xbone games and it's really frustrating. I know it's not a TV problem because it happens even on a monitor, and I've compared the PC versions of DR3 and RotTR to the Xbone versions, and the latter versions both felt slow. In any case, movement is a bit sluggish and aiming doesn't feel as snappy as it should, which funnily enough makes the time powers feel all the more useful.

Other than the control issues, I'm really enjoying the game so far. I always appreciate cool time powers that aren't just generic bullettime stuff. If there really is input lag and I'm not just crazy, it's at least minimal enough that the game is still fun.

You aren't the first person I've heard say something about input lag on both PC and XBox One. The PC issues I saw were related to people playing it on Windows 10 preview builds. Apparently the game had really bad input lag when they first demoed it but "minimized" the lag by the time of release. Note, they didn't say it was fixed, just minimized.

I personally didn't notice any on PC, but I'm also not using Insider builds.

Unit24

You aren't the first person I've heard say something about input lag on both PC and XBox One. The PC issues I saw were related to people playing it on Windows 10 preview builds. Apparently the game had really bad input lag when they first demoed it but "minimized" the lag by the time of release. Note, they didn't say it was fixed, just minimized.

I personally didn't notice any on PC, but I'm also not using Insider builds.

Did they ever fix up the PC version? I got it on Xbone specifically because I heard the PC version was really bad on launch. If it's been fixed, I'll probably just return the console version now.

Did they ever fix up the PC version? I got it on Xbone specifically because I heard the PC version was really bad on launch. If it's been fixed, I'll probably just return the console version now.
Depends on your setup. It runs pretty good on AMD cards. I play on medium at native 1080p with my 290x. A DX11 version is coming out on Steam soon, so that may help Nvidia users. Time will tell, though.

Unit24

I'm at what looks to be the final battle, and the underwater controls are really getting to me now. Did the whole cross-buy thing stay just a pre-order bonus, or did that change at any point along the way?

Unit24

It's not that much better on PC in terms of aiming and movement. That's the game and how they wanted it to feel.

I'm finding that somewhat hard to believe. I get that the movement is supposed to have some weight to it, but the aiming? I don't see why any developer would intentionally make their game feel bad to play. Not to mention that this problem exists for other Xbone games. I wish I could at least try the PC version and see if there's any difference.

Daingurse

I'm finding that somewhat hard to believe. I get that the movement is supposed to have some weight to it, but the aiming? I don't see why any developer would intentionally make their game feel bad to play. Not to mention that this problem exists for other Xbone games. I wish I could at least try the PC version and see if there's any difference.

The first post on this page has a guy complaining about input lag on Xbox One, who finally was able to play for stretch of time longer than 45mins on PC. I know what Input lag is, and the controls have not felt especially heavy or unresponsive to me while playing. I can't say for certain that there's no input lag whatsoever, but it definitely hasn't been anything I've noticed as a problem in my 35+ hours of gameplay on PC.

derFeef

Even if input lag is eliminated, the game is not a very precise shooter. I played both versions and they control very similar, even with a mouse.

Fuchsdh

I'm pretty sure part of the reason the controls are the way they are is because they didn't want you to try and play it like your typical third-person cover shooter, not that it stopped a lot of people from doing so. Remedy games aren't that precise anyhow... felt like a step up from Alan Wake but that's not saying much.

Man. This last boss fight is "look at all that juice" all over again. I may have to stop playing for a couple days
And I swear, skipping the cutscene is longer than the actual cutscene

Vic_Viper

Anyone know where to buy the Quantum Break Collector's Edition other than Amazon? Is it going to be available anywhere else? Ive already checked Gamestop and their not getting it. I really want that making of Blu Ray and the game discs would be a huge plus.

Funny i was thinking about this game and it's story. I so wish they would have been able to continue and provided some DLC. ... "id come back for you"

jettpack

Just finished the first act. Really digging it so far. It Looks gorgeous. The FX work is pretty astounding. Great design, super slick.

I like the powers so far. Narratively I'm getting some real CW vibes. Anybody else get that? The tone is a little silly, digging the slight corniness.

derFeef

I expected a bigger package, but nice!

CtmYgyOWgAA0RnY.jpg:large

Oynox

Just finished the game and I am confused as hell. Is there a decent summary or explanation around the internet? It was an incredible unsatisfying experience .

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Could someone please tell me how early on you see the first real life TV show episode? Is it straight after the first act?

Fuchsdh

Just finished the game and I am confused as hell. Is there a decent summary or explanation around the internet? It was an incredible unsatisfying experience .

For a time travel story, it's pretty straightforward. What are you confused by?

Filben

Just finished it. Overal visuals with all those effects are probably the most stunning I've ever seen. The story got me hooked and made me think about it and time traveling the last couple of days due to its different approach on a time travel story. And in the end it doesn't deliver an absolute answer for you. And replaying the key junction points is like "going back in time" and still follows the games own logic which is pretty cool.

Definitely worth playing for everyone who's into shooters.

Dalibor68

Banned
Loved the game but what the fuck was that ending? There better be a sequel with all those questions left open.

Why the hell is the game rated so low?

derFeef

Loved the game but what the fuck was that ending? There better be a sequel with all those questions left open.

Why the hell is the game rated so low?

It's a very divisive game and it ain't "great" per se, plus all that TV stuff people do not seem to like. I liked it very much but was a bit disappointed. I still think Alan Wake was a way better game than QB.

playing this game for the first time on my XB1 S on my sony xbr 4k tv, dont know if it makes a difference but man the visuals are amazing, does this game have hdr support?

I've finally started QB a couple nights ago after sitting on it since launch and good god this combat is fantastic; the game could have done great things with a horde mode.

LNBL

Just finished the game. Can't believe all the hate this has gotten, i enjoyed it more than i expected after hearing all the chatter!

Daingurse

Just finished the game. Can't believe all the hate this has gotten, i enjoyed it more than i expected after hearing all the chatter!

It was my personal game of the year lol. I really loved QB. I think it's really sad that we'll probably never see any kind of sequel or DLC. I'd love to play as Beth at the End of Time.

W.S.

I've finally started QB a couple nights ago after sitting on it since launch and good god this combat is fantastic; the game could have done great things with a horde mode.
Yeah this was a common request, sucks it was never implemented.

It was my personal game of the year lol. I really loved QB. I think it's really sad that we'll probably never see any kind of sequel or DLC. I'd love to play as Beth at the End of Time.
Would have been great to play as Beth at that point in time, it leaves a lot to the imagination.

The ending def leaves an impression that you still have more to discover in this story line. and i loved the ending. thinking about it now gives me chills!

woo so good.

derFeef

The ending def leaves an impression that you still have more to discover in this story line. and i loved the ending. thinking about it now gives me chills!

woo so good.

I loved everything surrounding Hatch and the Shifters. Reading things got cut there made me sad.

I loved everything surrounding Hatch and the Shifters. Reading things got cut there made me sad.

especially when you read the letter left for you. There are many more we didnt even know about! Then when you look at the timeline whiteboards when you come across it two times throughout the game.

I really enjoyed reading any type of side intel i could find. that was really fun. That heart tug about Beth though. I said DAMN. :(

plus those murals were so damn good too. ....

Filben

woo so good.
It was. Very well written plot. Interesting thing is,
how every decision leads to the same ending. You can't even alter the future/present from the past/last checkpoint from a meta viewpoint.
So even that stays perfectly in the game given premise.

One of the VERY few games that lets me think about it even days after finishing it.

EDIT: Can't wait to play the next Sam Lake game. His writing, especially in Max Payne 1 and 2 was remarkable. Alan Wake wasn't on par with that but QB was great again.

Hotspurr

Banned

Playing the first now. It's not bad, not great either. Keep switching back between actual gameplay and slow walking randomly. It's okay for this game since the premise is a narrative heavy experience, but I would have preferred longer stretches with the combat system. Maybe that'll improve as I go on (only 2 hours in or so).

I remember remedy complaining that these games are becoming too expensive to make, I wonder what they'll do for 2 if this tweet is true (I assume it's some reputable source?)

Top Bottom