• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Review Thread

Bgamer90

Banned
xbox one still has that issue where if you preload too early you get boned and have to download the whole game again when it unlocks?

Man. I've had the issue in the past with third party games -- never with exclusives though. Not sure what to do now.

Yeah it's dropped my jaw a few times so far.

Wow. Nice. I'm familiar with you and how you aren't easily impressed (haha). Good stuff. I really think the Giant Bomb "40%" (in quotes since that isn't what a 2/5 means on their scale, i.e.: it isn't an "F-") is the main reason why the game's in the high 70s instead of low/mid 80s. Tired of talking about review scores though.

Ok just to be sure in order to get the Windows 10 key and both of the Alan Wake games all I need it to do was pre order the game on the Xbox One digital store and pre load it on my Xbox One before April 4th, right?

Ok just to be sure in order to get the Windows 10 key and both of the Alan Wake games all I need it to do was pre order the game on the Xbox One digital store and pre load it on my Xbox One before April 4th, right?

correct. I preordered on Wednesday and still haven't gotten my AW codes, so I wouldn't worry yet. Win10 codes are coming sometime this week, and I'm betting the AW codes come in waves.

how much longer till this goes live?

unless you did the NZ trick, 12am EST, or 4 hours, 15 minutes.

etta

my hard graphic balls
You don't have to have it installed by then, just the preorder works.
At least that's how it should work.

derFeef

Wow. Nice. I'm familiar with you and how you aren't easily impressed (haha). Good stuff. I really think the Giant Bomb "40%" (in quotes since that isn't what a 2/5 means on their scale, i.e.: it isn't an "F-") is the main reason why the game's in the high 70s instead of low/mid 80s. Tired of talking about review scores though.

Thought the same.
It's on or off with RB! ;)

Zedox

My redownload is going pretty good. 26% in 30 minutes. I decided to actually download the shows (I got 3.3TBs left, might as well)

correct. I preordered on Wednesday and still haven't gotten my AW codes, so I wouldn't worry yet. Win10 codes are coming sometime this week, and I'm betting the AW codes come in waves.

unless you did the NZ trick, 12pm EST, or 4 hours, 15 minutes.

You don't have to have it installed by then, just the preorder works.
At least that's how it should work.

All right thank you both of you this is the first game that will feature a free Windows 10 version I just wanted to be sure that I did everything right to get it

etta

my hard graphic balls
lol...

Yeah I was a bit skeptical but this is really solid so far and the audio is wow.
My 598s arrived just in time for this.
How???!!

I can't find a way to do it for the life of me. The game page says "Play on 4/5/16", the "add-on" page says "Bundle Only". I can't find anywhere to go ahead and download the show.
You have to go into My Games and Apps, hover over QB and press the menu button, manage game, and it'll show there.

shandy706

My redownload is going pretty good. 26% in 30 minutes. I decided to actually download the shows (I got 3.3TBs left, might as well)

How???!!

I can't find a way to do it for the life of me. The game page says "Play on 4/5/16", the "add-on" page says "Bundle Only". I can't find anywhere to go ahead and download the show.

derFeef

How???!!

Got the same issue a few posts back! go to manage game in the game&apps app for QB, then the addon should show up for download.

How???!!

Go to icon in my games and hit start button. Under manage game. I had the same question earlier.

Just finished Chapter 2. The time features are very fun to use and the story is intense and interesting.

Effects do look awesome and the facial animations are great. But there are also weak points. Some places had screen tearing (not many) and it can look a little bit rough sometimes (aliasing, texture / shadow pop-ins)
Even had whole big objects pop in right in front of the character. Happened 2 times.

Cyto

Any news on release time? It's 12 in the UK and was expecting it to be released for PC.
I really want to download this overnight and play it in the morning

rashbeep

Banned
Most of us get the free version with the Xbox 1 preoder I would have to guess. And it's not like the game will look worse on PC or what are you suggesting?

Of course it won't look worse than the xb1 version, even though for the hardware it looks pretty incredible already. I am curious how effects will scale up to pc like the low res shadow and volumetric light quality.

Lima

xbox one still has that issue where if you preload too early you get boned and have to download the whole game again when it unlocks?

Serves people right. No idea why someone would put down a pre-order for a digital games months ahead of release, especially on Xbox where MS immediately bills you the full price. Think of it as punishment. I like it.

aravuus

Serves people right. No idea why someone would put down a pre-order for a digital games months ahead of release, especially on Xbox where MS immediately bills you the full price. Think of it as punishment. I like it.

Hahaha

Harsh

Trup1aya

Man I wasn't gonna get this game digitally. I usually just rent linear games, but you guys are making me second guess myself.

shandy706

My 598s arrived just in time for this.

You have to go into My Games and Apps, hover over QB and press the menu button, manage game, and it'll show there.

Got the same issue a few posts back! go to manage game in the game&apps app for QB, then the addon should show up for download.

Go to icon in my games and hit start button. Under manage game. I had the same question earlier.

Thanks guys!!

Edit** Installing :)

SickBoy

Thanks guys!!

Edit** Installing :)

Man, clearly there's something up with Canada on this one. I go to "Manage Game" and all I can do is look at the stuff that takes up storage space (the game install and the save data) and a link to the "Game Hub."

That said, I was mainly concerned about the streaming quality and it was quite good on my first chunk of live-action story.

moai

But in this game if you preorder you get an alan wake code.
Or maybe in wrong.

Kid Goku

Banned
Man I wasn't gonna get this game digitally. I usually just rent linear games, but you guys are making me second guess myself.

If you can, financially, make an exception and buy it. Support Remedy.
The game is very fun and has a lot of replayability. At the end of the day it's a linear SP game but one of the better ones. This is one of those games that's much better than the average review seems to suggest.

Scores are... interesting.

All over the place but high 70s is about what I was thinking. Listening to the stuff about the TV shit on the beastcast made me think this isn't for me. Would maybe skip those if I play it.

Being on the windows 10 store means I wont be doing that for a while though.

Only knowing 1 person who owns an xbone makes it harder to borrow games from people

Hope I like it more than I liked alan wake.

Tired of talking about review scores though.

This is the review thread...?

Bgamer90

Banned
This is the review thread...?

Yes -- and I'm tired of talking about grades, scales, how you can't automatically convert a score into something else as if they are on the same scale, etc.

Mainly, the numbers. There are more to reviews (far more) than just the numbers.

Just more reason to abandon the numbered score system.

No matter what some people do, most just go to the score and say "fuck you it wasn't X/10" and etc etc.

If the review can't stand on its own without a number to "summarize" it, then the review is not good enough.

I'm pretty sure we have words for a reason. I think they mean something. At least I think I'm saying something here...

nynt9

Just more reason to abandon the numbered score system.

No matter what some people do, most just go to the score and say "fuck you it wasn't X/10" and etc etc.

If the review can't stand on its own without a number to "summarize" it, then the review is not good enough.

I'm pretty sure we have words for a reason. I think they mean something. At least I think I'm saying something here...

If only they had a review text that contained words to go along with that score that came before this video...

skneogaf

This amazing game has some great acting by the late Lance Reddick, I wonder what performance is like on the pc version on a 4090... 🤔

Maybe I'll have a play through as a little good bye to Mr Reddick.

In my opinion this is much better than Control and I loved the live action stuff after each part of the game.

4TSdicZ.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom