• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R*'s PATHETIC port job: Bully 360 freezing (among other glitches) [PATCH NOW OUT]

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Scottlarock said:
without a doubt. MODS GIVE COSTANZA A TAG, A GOOD ONE.

Costanza
GEORGE IS GETTING UPSET!
(Today, 05:26 AM)
Reply | Quote

or

Costanza
IS GETTING UPSET!
Reply | Quote

pilonv1

Costanza
Summer of George
Reply | Quote

Costanza
Jerk Store Manager
Reply | Quote

Costanza
"Who are you George Costanza?"
Reply | Quote

Costanza
"I WAS IN THE POOL!"
Reply | Quote

Played a few more missions. Still no freezes for me. Fun game . . . definitely very last gen GTA ish.

I'm definitely enjoying the game though. :) There are Halloween decorations up, so I guess that mission is coming.

Hey guys... keep us posted on whether any update patches completely fix the performance issues. I sold my unplayed copy of the PS2 game as soon as the X360 port was announced. I can't justify purchasing it now with the lockups and would really hate to miss out on the Bully experience until it hits the Wii bargain bin.

Costanza
"My name is George, I’m unemployed and I live at my parents":
Reply | Quote

my vote, sorry Costanza

Costanza

Banned
KarishBHR said:
Looking forward to a patch. My guess is that it comes out really soon, Rockstar sounds serious about fixing it
It still has to go through a 12 day (I think) cert process, unless Microsoft decides to give it priority. I think this might hurt sales if the news spreads enough before the patch comes and people without a live connection are always gonna be fucked.

Costanza said:
unless Microsoft decides to give it priority. I think this might hurt sales if the news spreads enough before the patch comes and people without a live connection are always gonna be fucked.
MS better give this priority, I want this game and this is bugging me. I do believe in the one core, not activating the fan thing. this should be a easy fix.

Scottlarock said:
MS better give this priority, I want this game and this is bugging me. I do believe in the one core, not activating the fan thing. this should be a easy fix.

On my system at least the fan doesn't sound any different than normal. Granted on Falcons, the fans are pretty quiet anyway. The one thing I will say is that it did sound like it was accessing the disc drive more than any other game I have played, but that may just be the nature of a sandbox game like Bully. In any event, though I applaud the member who came up with that idea for thinking outside of the box, I think that it is pretty unlikely that it is actually causing the problems we are seeing.

I played a little over an hour tonight without any crashes, and I am up to 90 achievement points. The achievements in this game are pretty damn good.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
My copy was already sent out before I read this thread. Otherwise I would have cancelled it and waited for a patch. Oh well... I notice some PAL users have said they haven't had any issues yet so maybe we got lucky (doubtful). I'll find out for myself in about two hours time.

Costanza

Banned
Willy Wanka said:
My copy was already sent out before I read this thread. Otherwise I would have cancelled it and waited for a patch. Oh well... I notice some PAL users have said they haven't had any issues yet so maybe we got lucky (doubtful). I'll find out for myself in about two hours time.
I'd honestly recommend not even opening it till we get the patch.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Costanza said:
I'd honestly recommend not even opening it till we get the patch.

That's probably not a bad idea. I don't want these issues to ruin my enjoyment of the game and I have plenty of other things to play. At the very least I'll wait and see what the PAL gamers are saying about it later today.

Costanza
"I am King of the County. You?"
Reply | Quote

Bought the game yesterday. iI have been to caught up playing GOW:COO. I was gonna play this but shit looks like its a crashfest.

Costanza

Banned
PIMPBYBLUD said:
Costanza
Reply | Quote

Bought the game yesterday. iI have been to caught up playing GOW:COO. I was gonna play this but shit looks like its a crashfest.
I don't get this one...

slewis7

Costanza said:
Keep playing.. I'm sure you'll get one.

I've joined the ranks now in Chapter 2 with a system lockup! I am still really enjoying this one and now really hoping for a fix.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games

It's from "The Contest", the one where Jerry, George, Kramer & Elaine tried to remain "Master of their Domain". :lol

Costanza

Banned
Darth Sonik said:

It's from "The Contest", the one where Jerry, George, Kramer & Elaine tried to remain "Master of their Domain". :lol
ahhhh, didn't remember that line.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I can't be the only one, upon reading Rockstar's explanation, who had an image of them rushing to check their latest GTAIV build..

That's a very odd problem though. If it was a hardware issue, and R* were following TRCs, then that's a pretty big f-up on MS's part.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Well, shit happens some times I guess, good on Rockstar for admitting something has gone wrong and not trying to run the typical 'isolated cases' PR line, hope they can fix whatever the problem is 'cause I was looking forward to finally getting to play Bully.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I just got my first crash. I was heading back to my room to save right before starting the Halloween mission. Just outside my room, a bully picked a fight, and when I starting hitting him back the system locked. Seconds before I would have saved my damn game.

monkspider said:
I played a little over an hour tonight without any crashes, and I am up to 90 achievement points. The achievements in this game are pretty damn good.
See, I consider the achievements to be awful. Other than the "Complete Chapter X" achievements (i.e. beat the game to earn these), just about all the remaining achievements are of the "Perform X Task X Number of Times."

That's just dull. Those achievements don't encourage you to alter the way you play or try anything new. All it does it get you focused on one specific chore to tally up your points. "I think I'll just kick this soccer ball 100 times to get my 20 points." "Now I'll run around and give 50 wedgies to get my 25 points." Achievements like these aren't even remotely creative.

Due to the issues Costanza uncovered I didn't pick this game up along with Chains of Olympus and Army of Two but with the announcement of a patch I might give it a run once it comes out. Is Bully more of a rental or purchase?

marwan said:
Does the PS2 version of Bully support wide screen? and how is the PS2 version compared to the Wii version?

PS2 version does support widescreen and you can see a picture of me playing Bully on PS3 in 720p on page 8. Either way from what I've seen as far as the game on the Wii the PS2 version actually looks better at times as far as jaggies go but the picture is a bit more bland I guess you would say. Still I just got done beating it again today on the PS2 and it only runs ~$20 new if you can find it. Wii controllers for this game vs. the PS2 and price factor I would jump in with the PS2 if you have one.

Has anyone with a PAL system and an early copy of the game experienced any problems yet? I was seriously thinking about buying this tomorrow since I never finished it on PS2 and it's a nice price (also I don't know anyone getting Army of Two so co-op looks a bust on that).

Costanza
"Say Vandelay Industries!"
Reply | Quote

Costanza
"And you want to be my latex salesman..."
Reply | Quote

backflip10019 said:
Costanza
"Say Vandelay Industries!"
Reply | Quote

Costanza
"And you want to be my latex salesman..."
Reply | Quote

Costanza
"No, no, you're WAY off."
Reply | Quote

Costanza said:
I can't beat the first English class :( Fucking word scramble puzzles suck.

Heh, I guess it just depends on what's your thing. I love word puzzles like the one in the game, even when I failed English 3 the first time. I used to do crosswords and other word games like that when I was younger and more energetic to learn.

Helpful Hint: If you're struggling, use the Xbox Guide button. It will freeze the game perfectly for you (you can still see all the letters) and you can take as much time as you need. ;)

PARANO1A said:
Picked up the Australian version and played for about an hour and a half with no lockups. PAL vindicated!

Mine didn't freeze until I had played 5 or 6 hours through. It's not safe.

Oh, and my vote for a tag would be a link to this thread that says "The Iceman fucking cometh." (cuz of the freezing and all, and it's a video game quote...ah forget it.)

Skiptastic said:
Oh, and my vote for a tag would be a link to this thread that says "The Iceman fucking cometh." (cuz of the freezing and all, and it's a video game quote...ah forget it.)

I like it. :D

Top Bottom