• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Racist Black History Month essay shocks school

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she were younger I would be more tempted to blame the parents, but at some point a high schooler has to be smarter than this.

Glix

If she were younger I would be more tempted to blame the parents, but at some point a high schooler has to be smarter than this.

100%

We try kids younger than her as adults all the time

(Who are even poorer essay writers, to respond to the post below)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
“Think about it though,” she writes. “None of the apostles were different ethics [sic]. They were all white. There was [sic] no black nor Hispanic [sic] mentioned really back when Jesus time was. All the stories we hear in the Bible are about like mainly white people. So since God knows everything that is going to happen than [sic] he would have done something about that.”

Oh boy .. we have a future megan kelly here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Cu9xO46x0

Ponn

Banned

This is a case where I think its important to look at her environment. Even though she's in high school its still a catholic private school. I would be willing to bet 90% of the people in that school think like she does, alot of them just may be smarter about not advertising it. Look at the school's actual response, reminds me of Trump saying they would have a talk with Conway about advertising Ivanka's stuff on TV. They aren't changing shit and will just reprimand her for saying it outloud. Thats a hell of a reinforced bubble to reach into. Her first actual outside influence will be if she happens to go a non-christian college or university.

Hybris

“Think about it though,” she writes. “None of the apostles were different ethics [sic]. They were all white."

This is the byproduct of a school? Lol maybe I need to reread.

This is absolutely a product of catholic schooling. I'm from Louisiana, my parents sent me to a Catholic school, and almost every place that Jesus was talked about or depicted in artwork, film, and study, he was a white guy. Without critical thought the subject, it's easy for a kid to think Jesus was white. The school absolutely did not encourage critical thought about religion, if anything the opposite. Obviously this is an extreme case, but I've known quite a few people in my high school days that had similar opinions as this student.

III-V

OFC Fox news wins again proving ignorance is bliss and is easily disseminated to the willfully ignorant. Are we sure that wasn't Meghan Kelly's newest opinion piece on BHM?

To me it all starts with this. The whitewashing of the Bible for centuries has lead these types of people that they truly ^[believe they]^ are a cut above.

This is very real.

David Duke among other white nationalists and the Alt Reich proclaim Jews are not white, still managing to string Christianity along (KKK).

It fucking baffling. Jesus was a Jew, people.

Shoeless

This is absolutely a product of catholic schooling. I'm from Louisiana, my parents sent me to a Catholic school, and almost every place that Jesus was talked about or depicted in artwork, film, and study, he was a white guy. Without critical thought the subject, it's easy for a kid to think Jesus was white. The school absolutely did not encourage critical thought about religion, if anything the opposite. Obviously this is an extreme case, but I've known quite a few people in my high school days that had similar opinions as this student.

This is why America is probably likely to lose its leadership position in STEM subjects. If the country is going to keep immigrants out and then double down on portraying education and critical thinking as a weakness of character that only "libtards" have, then there is simply no way the country can stay ahead in a knowledge-based economy through "sheer guts and American will to power."

Unfortunately, the Trump election shows that a significant enough portion of the population really does believe that education and inclusiveness are negatives in a society, but the effects of this line of thinking will be felt a couple of generations from now.

III-V

This is why America is probably likely to lose its leadership position in STEM subjects. If the country is going to keep immigrants out and then double down on portraying education and critical thinking as a weakness of character that only "libtards" have, then there is simply no way the country can stay ahead in a knowledge-based economy through "sheer guts and American will to power."

Unfortunately, the Trump election shows that a significant enough portion of the population really does believe that education and inclusiveness are negatives in a society, but the effects of this line of thinking will be felt a couple of generations from now.

This election, among other consequences, truly is an attack on intellectuals and intellectualism.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I burst out laughing at "I even have black friends". Couldn't be more perfectly awful.

Hybris

Well the school I attended did encourage critical thought it academic areas, but that gets thrown out the window in religious studies. Granted, this doesn't exactly stick with a lot of students because of the mixed messaging that the school is sending. I think you're right about America's STEM superiority declining, and this mentality that religion pushes in general is definitely playing a part in driving this.

"shocks school" yeah uh.

Somehow I doubt that.

Anyway racist is as racist does, I'm sure her parents spread it to her and she'll spread it to the kids she'll inevitably have. And the cycle will continue and the next generation will "be the last one we just need to wait till they die" repeat ad nauseum.

watershed

Banned
Let's not pretend like she's rare or the only one. There are literally millions of Americans who believe some version of what she wrote.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I don't even normally post in these kinds of threads, but oh my God, this girl is a dumb degenerate fucking piece of shit,

1upsuper

Obviously the STEM fields are important to fund and teach, but this is why we need to push the Humanities just as hard.

Yep. Off-topic: this is anecdotal but I've encountered a lot of people in STEM who really struggle to write well and articulate their ideas and advance arguments.

This teen is an absolute horror. Her parents are probably seriously at blame, but she is in high school. She should be developing the intellectual toolkit to start questioning things and asking "why." Vomiting this sickening hatred as clumsily as she did (I thought she was in third or fourth grade when I first read her letter) proves that she is woefully inadequately trained to question social constructs and at this point, it might be too late. That's a fuckton of hate to undo.

MIMIC

Banned
Jesus Christ xD

I went from disgust to full on amusement. That essay was so poorly written and so just.....stupid, that I couldn't help but laugh.

Would be interested in hearing about this student's parents because being this racist isn't something you just stumble upon. It is most assuredly a learned behavior.

Also, why does she write at a second grade level in a private high school.....White supremacy got these fools out here gassed up.

Wow. It's like every clichéd argument from the racist's handbook.

Complete with gramatical errors.

I'd laugh if it weren't so fucked up how brainwashed into hate this teenager is, and how nothing will come of it.

We is happy of are raceist dawter

I think the most dangerous thing we can do is portray racists as dumb. On the surface I get it. Just mocking them for their dumb beliefs but many virulent racists are far from stupid.

These motherfuckers get degrees and doctorates or complete other training thag allows them to gain powerful positions in society.

These are judges, lawyers, project managers, school administration, law enforcement, politicians....people that seem to go out of their way to make life a living hell for Black people.

1upsuper

I think the most dangerous thing we can do is portray racists as dumb. On the surface I get it. Just mocking them for their dumb beliefs but many virulent racists are far from stupid.

These motherfuckers get degrees and doctorates or complete other training thag allows them to gain powerful positions in society.

These are judges, lawyers, project managers, school administration, law enforcement, politicians....people that seem to go out of their way to make life a living hell for Black people.

That's very true. But this girl is an idiot.

Wow what a terrible piece of human garbage and what's worst is that since she is religious she probable labels herself as a "good" person.

1upsuper

I love how she says she isn't totally racist. Like what the fuck she even goes on to say we should have slavery. Like holy shit.

Yeah. Do people say this thinking that it'll make their words seem like they have objective truth value or something?? It's so transparent and so maddening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom