• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Racist Black History Month essay shocks school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising at all. I think if you asked every hardcore Christian in America, at least a third would say Jesus and the people around him back then were white. They truly believe that.

bionic77

Yes. The entire world (except Africa) used to be white actually. All 4 trillion white people lived in peace. Then everything changed when the brown people attacked.
Trump is probably going to have this taught in every school by the end of his presidency.

What do we learn from sharing this essay? It's not at all surprising that lots of young teens are racist pricks. A lot of them grow out of it and a lot of them don't.

Broadcasting hatred to such a wide audience amplifies its harm and tells like-minded teens that they aren't alone in their views.

Also helps to warn young, naive minorities about the people around them.

Can't hide racism anyway

Codeblue

We need to have summit on whether or not brown people enjoy the benefits of whiteness. We can't just be white when using Jesus as the sterling example of white people.

We demand the ability to board flights peacefully or we're keeping Jesus. Your move, racists.

What blows me away is the belief that Jesus is white. Like what? Look at a fucking globe.

And is it wrong to say I wouldn't be at all upset if she gets beat up by a classmate?

Also she needs to take some English classes over, I mean whoof.

This girl is in high school? Special ed?

If not, she needs to get some, maybe some summer school to work on her grammar. Also, CPS should be getting involved and pull her from that home, because that is some mental abuse/damage right there.

many Christians don't read most of the Bible.

That's what preachers are for. Designated readers.

(The insistence on not using a version with more modernized language, despite the fact that all English-language versions have already been translated and thus cannot by definition be more or less accurate or "sacred" than a version using modern English, also has a lot to do with it. There's really no reason to insist on the King James' version aside from discouraging individual study for the sake of maintaining a clergy class.)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
"I’m not fully racist but I hate almost every black person"

Modern racism in a nutshell.

Sunster

That's what preachers are for. Designated readers.

(The insistence on not using a version with more modernized language, despite the fact that all English-language versions have already been translated and thus cannot by definition be more or less accurate or "sacred" than a version using modern English, also has a lot to do with it. There's really no reason to insist on the King James' version aside from discouraging individual study for the sake of maintaining a clergy class.)

In my experience with mass, priests have their own "top 40" of verses that they will refer to. Leaving out again, most of the bible.

I say this as a Black man.

There are two likely responses to this:

1) Condemn this individual as the sick racist that they are and go about our day.

2) Acknowledge that these views are prevalent in the majority of society, and that this issue extends beyond any individual.

I choose to follow the latter way of thinking. I'm sick to death of this type of crazy overt racism being pushed as the face of anti-black racism by both the right and left. The reality is that in America (and globally) we are implicitly and explicitly socialized to attribute many of the views expressed by this person to Black peoples. Look within yourselves and you'll realize that; one has to ask themself, why it is that they fear Black men in particular.....even the most leftist millennial white women will clutch their bags at the sight of a Black man.

rhandino

Banned
“But we are supposed to give them a month right?” the essay continues. “When they cannot even wear pants that fit them? When they shoot cops for protecting people?”

“Sad to say this but maybe things would be better if they would have stayed slaves,” the student concludes. “I should not have to be scared for my life when I see them in my sight.”
Wkxr6_s-200x150.gif

The struggle of white America is real

“None of the apostles were different ethics [sic]. They were all white.

Putting aside that she don't know jack shit about jack shit, this is one reason why I think representation in media definitely matters. People can get twisted views when 99% of the things they read and watch is only about and starring white people, and whiteness is treated as a default so even if they aren't sure they assume.

Then again the number of people who didn't notice Rue was black despite a sentence saying as much makes me think a lot of it is issues with literacy.

I guess the little girl hasn't reach the verse in the bible where they refer to Jesus skin as Bronze...

Revelation 1:15
Technically Jesus wasnt even human at this point and this description is more indictive of how people at this time imagine a powerful divine being to look like that is just like the angels of Judaism ..eldritch abominationesk.

N.Domixis

Banned
I really despise how alot of americans think people in the bible where white. Many of them probably had middle eastern features.

Sunster

Putting aside that she don't know jack shit about jack shit, this is one reason why I think representation in media definitely matters. People can get twisted views when 99% of the things they read and watch is only about and starring white people, and whiteness is treated as a default so even if they aren't sure they assume.

Then again the number of people who didn't notice Rue was black despite a sentence saying as much makes me think a lot of it is issues with literacy.

Hermione Granger is another great example.

I really despise how alot of americans think people in the bible where white. Many of them probably had middle eastern features.

I'd say it's closer to all.

In my experience with mass, priests have their own "top 40" of verses that they will refer to. Leaving out again, most of the bible.

Pretty much. Making the Bible largely inaccessible to a casual reader and intentionally vague allows priests to pick and choose parts of it that support their own hot take on morality, and the resulting congregations create these pockets of warped Christianity where it seems like no one's ever heard of charity or tolerance or selflessness.

And, unfortunately, it's probably too late to undo that damage. You can't push a modern-readable printing of the Bible without having these extant groups violently oppose it on the grounds that you're "profaning the Holy Word" or "politicizing the faith", even though all you're trying to do is make sure people understand what "Lucifer" is referring to when used in a sentence.

Normally people say they're "not racist" but then say something that is Diet Racist.

This person basically claimed to be Diet Racist, then said something that is Mountain Dew GAMEFUEL Double-XP racism.

Samara

I guess the little girl hasn't reach the verse in the bible where they refer to Jesus skin as Bronze...

Revelation 1:15

or that he had hair like wool.

I don' t blame her for that. I also believed that ''Jesus'' was a blue eyed , light brown hair man. I think it's way too late to ''redesign'' him. Couldn't even give him a tan ffs.

Redd

I swear most people need to go out and see the world. She's learning most of that racist crap from her family. It's sad really.

Kthulhu

I blame the church for pushing the stereotypical image of Jesus down everyone's throats so much that that's all they know of him.

Morts

Catholic high school, huh? The "everyone in the Bible was white" stuff almost definitely comes from the parents or a "white by default" mindset, but I'd be curious to know if that ever came up in any Catechism classes.

Also, I know it isn't out of the ordinary anymore, but it's still weird to me when some dumb shit a kid does becomes national news because it went viral.

Mr. X

They'll figure out once they hold a pta meeting where she learnt such beliefs. We know Catholic school does have a very white depiction of their heroes though.

Kind of expecting a cop out. It was a prank, bro, or kids say the darnedest things sometimes eh?

phaeta

Shortly after reading her essay, a team of special agents kicked in the door and absconded with the child, stating "Sorry, we accidentally let a demon out into the world, we'll take care of this"

This is unfair to demons, some of whom are rather thoughtful, albeit evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom