• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random Youtuber appears to have a retail Xbox One

Exactly my first thought.

Would companies REALLY fire a person over this given how close to launch it is?

Or is it that MS has bad security? (We haven't seen a PS4 unboxing compared to two for MS so what gives?)

That said...I've seen Iphone "unboxings" about a week before actual release....

"eeeehhhh...here's this...........ehhhhhhhhh.........this thing, you know.........ehhhh.... it's......ehhhhh...pretty cool."

:lol @ "if I don't explain everything leave a question in comments", he didn't say anything in that video.
What do you mean? He quite clearly showed what the 'Xbox remote' is! And didn't you know that you 'minus or can take one away' people when they're loud?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
xbox3600013xa%5B1%5D.jpg

gaf og's remember him.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This is actually one of the first times that controller has seemed appealing to me.

To people who are saying this is a marketing stunt, is that really a possibility? I mean, I don't exactly see how a very poor video of a kid filming the Xbox One would move units or create hype?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
He's trolling you guys, those are the final dev/test kits.
You see how he has the manual and paperwork sitting over the top?
Thats hiding the barcode and stuff. Even the box is the same, thats so internal dude trying to be slick.

Liamario

Banned
It's a Northern Ireland accent. Perhaps an inflection of something else. But he has definitely lived in Northern Ireland for some time.

Rhiwion

Banned
Would companies REALLY fire a person over this given how close to launch it is?

Or is it that MS has bad security? (We haven't seen a PS4 unboxing compared to two for MS so what gives?)

That said...I've seen Iphone "unboxings" about a week before actual release....

Looking at the strict rules and consequences on the subject of leaking in video games... yes.

Think about the recent Pokemon XY leak for example.

big_z

This is a store demo unit, they come in generic boxes. Why some kid that can't speak worth a shit would have it at home I have no idea.

pizza dog

Banned
My dear god, AA batteries? What the fuck is that shit, I thought we'd be rid of that shit by now. :|

preferable to the PS3 solution of "oh your batteries don't hold charge any more, well throwing the whole damn thing away". Or keep if always plugged in I guess if you can.

I don't actually know how PS4 batteries work but man. Fuck non replaceable batteries.

ckohler

This is the first time I've seen the headset connected to the controller. IWhy are we still only getting to see details like this via leaks by 14 year olds using smartphones?

Both console makers are being far too gun shy right now. With little more than a month left, they should BOTH be flooding social media with hands on demos, UI walkthroughs, tips, tricks, etc. Instead, all we get are leaks like this. C'mon MS and Sony! Start showing more stuff officially!

Andrefpvs

He's saying he's going to get some games soon, but how will he play them without updating his console to allow offline play? Unless this is indeed a debug console.

kasane

preferable to the PS3 solution of "oh your batteries don't hold charge any more, well throwing the whole damn thing away". Or keep if always plugged in I guess if you can.

I don't actually know how PS4 batteries work but man. Fuck non replaceable batteries.

Its actually replaceable and my controller still works like a champ. Hate batteries. Preference

Top Bottom