• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rant: Sony, no more gifs

dj-khaled.gif

Dj Khaled GIF

Dj Khaled Dance GIF
CDJOd4W.jpg

Last edited:

kyliethicc

The popcorn move horizontal in her mouth. It looks unnatural and stupid.
Her teeth goes side ways like a mutant when she eats them.

its genuinely sad that I need to explain this to you but you're struggling here

1 you said "her teeth goes side ways" lol (it would be go, not goes, teeth are plural)

2 "when she eats them" implies ellie is eating her own teeth lol again learn english

3 when humans eat food (yes including you) sometimes, we put the food into our mouth in the middle of our palate. it is then moved horizontally by our tongue towards our teeth (molars) which are to the sides of our mouth. can depend on jaw width, what type of food is being eaten, etc. if you still can't grasp such a basic concept, here's a tip - go ahead a shove a handful of popcorn into your mouth and try to avoid any of them hitting your tongue

4 they also just didn't fully and perfectly model the insides of ellie's mouth with a perfectly animated tongue because 1) everyone with a brain understands how food is eaten and 2) they would never say something as stupid as "her teeth goes sideways" and 3) because its a just a fun meme gif you idiot play a record

you're karl

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
its genuinely sad that I need to explain this to you but you're struggling here

1 you said "her teeth goes side ways" lol (it would be go, not goes, teeth are plural)

2 "when she eats them" implies ellie is eating her own teeth lol again learn english

3 when humans eat food (yes including you) sometimes, we put the food into our mouth in the middle of our pallet. it is then moved horizontally by our tongue towards our teeth (molars) which are to the sides of our mouth. can depend on jaw width, what type of food is being eaten, etc. if you still can't grasp such a basic concept, here's a tip - go ahead a shove a handful of popcorn into your mouth and try to avoid any of them hitting your tongue

4 they also just didn't fully and perfectly model the insides of ellie's mouth with a perfectly animated tongue because 1) everyone with a brain understands how food is eaten and 2) they would never say something as stupid as "her teeth goes sideways" and 3) because its a just a fun meme gif you idiot play a record

you're karl

The Simpsons GIF

Neilg

Animators finding shit to do to study and hone their skills at the end of production has always been a thing. the only difference is now they're encouraged to use assets from the games and the good ones posted in slack get forwarded to social media teams. it's not a big initiative that's indicative of anything meaningful at all.

Before tools like slack all this shit was just stored on local drives of animators machines and shown to their close coworkers.

Last edited:

nikos

Have to agree with this, they're terrible. As a matter of fact, I can't stand seeing any GIFs looping on a forum while I'm typing a reply. It's so annoying. GIF replies altogether are bad.

Last edited:

BeardGawd

Banned
Hmmm. . .In a forum whose discussions are filtered through the lens of "video game players", why would a person choose to post a gif of a video-game inspired media-meme, and not the actual media-meme. . .in a video game forum. . .where video gamers are discussing video game things.

. . .hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
It would be just as pathetic if people posted amatuer actors remaking those gifs. They are special because of the original context. Remaking them loses all the originality and charm. Not surprised this is lost on some of you.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
It would be just as pathetic if people posted amatuer actors remaking those gifs. They are special because of the original context. Remaking them loses all the originality and charm. Not surprised this is lost on some of you.

Hooboy. You might want to re-read what I wrote again. Or don't and continue to be a sad panda that people get a kick out of low-brow fluff and you don't.

BeardGawd

Banned
Hooboy. You might want to re-read what I wrote again. Or don't and continue to be a sad panda that people get a kick out of low-brow fluff and you don't.
Nobody's sad. I support original works no matter the medium. Post the originals. Moving on.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The generation before you said the same thing about you. You've become them. Congrats I guess.
No they didn't, they say the same the younger generation say about us now and find the same things offensive
And just like we use to insult the older gen we are now insulting the younger generation for the same things which has NOT happened before. we expected the new generation to be just like you're saying, but they not with a few exceptions.
This is not Grampa Simpson yelling at the sky.
This is Nelson saying Haha and picking on Ralph & Millhouse

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
They are super cringe but they accurately depict the current state of Sony studios. Full of 20 some young adults with blue hair Twitter junkies. This is what happens when there is burnout and most of the adults in their mid 30s and 40s leave the industry.
my dude, you don't even KNOW these people

Top Bottom