• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rant: Sony, no more gifs

kyliethicc

They've always being embarrassing cringe.

You'd expect they looked better than they do when they are from the developers.

Or are they fan made?

Many of them have bad animations unlike the games.

The one that always gets me is Ellie eating popcorn. Her teeth goes side ways like a mutant when she eats them.

Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF by Naughty Dog
are you blind? thats the popcorn she's eating not her teeth lol

Don't be a goon, OP.

They're hilarious. Just a bit of harmless fun.

If you're so uptight that you had to run and make a whole thread about this, I've gotta ask WTF is wrong with you and why don't you have better things to do with your time?... Like, go have a wank or something.

No. But the animators from some Sony studios and even some 3rd parties are. And knowing some ppl get triggered by a fun thing, just gonna make me use them even more. Time to bookmark my favs for future use. :messenger_smiling_horns:

bugsnax-nodding.gif
Ok! 😅 You learn something every day. People should learn to ignore stuff they don't like though.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Look at what you’ done, OP.

I had no idea there were these many sony ip gifs. I don't even know what half of them are referencing. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The best ones are the ones where I have zero idea what the reference is. Which is like a good half of them.

Pretty much every single one references some gif that was extremely popular in GAF’s heyday. Back when this place was the absolute reference for any dev worth its salt.

Shut your dirty mouth!

God Of War Dog GIF by PlayStation
HOLY SHIT LOL!!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
One of the things I really remember about the process after the movie came out was Heath never wanting to make a joke," Gyllenhaal shared, referring to the impact Brokeback Mountain had for the LGBTQIA+ community. "Even as I think culturally, there were many jokes being made about the movie or poking fun at and things like that. And his consummate devotion to how serious and important the relationship between these two characters was."

Meanwhile over at Sony WWS
kFedev7.gif

Last edited:

Alx

I didn't realize there were so many of them. Taken individually they can be very funny (and technically impressive, at least for people like me who don't know much about animation), but like all jokes the more you hear/see them and the less they're funny. It's all about timing.

ANIMAL1975

These meme gifs that Sony obviously tells their studios to do arent cool. It's comes off as 40 something executives having their developers make gifs to appeal to "the youth" and completely misses the mark. At most you'll get mid late 30smth facebook dads sharing it but yea, they aren't cool.

God Of War Atreus GIF by Santa Monica Studio

God Of War Perfection GIF by Santa Monica Studio

Excite Parks And Recreation GIF by Naughty Dog

Happy The Last Of Us GIF by PlayStation

The Last Of Us Headbang GIF by PlayStation
I don't like your threads OP, I think they are not cool, im making one for gaf stop going to yours.

Robb

Gold Member
Yeah they’re pretty awful. But if the devs think it’s fun to make them, let them. It’s not like it hurts anyone.

GeekyDad

Guess I'm a "youth" at heart, then. I love 'em. That's the kinda shit I like to see Sony do. They ain't afraid to flaunt their gold chains.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Wow I had missed all those GIFs. I only knew about the Banderas one. Thanks for sharing, they are awesome!

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
They are still awful. Why post a knock off gif when you can post the real thing. It makes the poster look pathetic to be honest.

Hmmm. . .In a forum whose discussions are filtered through the lens of "video game players", why would a person choose to post a gif of a video-game inspired media-meme, and not the actual media-meme. . .in a video game forum. . .where video gamers are discussing video game things.

. . .hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Top Bottom