• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rant: Sony, no more gifs

Topher

Gold Member
I am well aware of that, but I just still feel they are pretty low qualit especially by ND standard.
giphy.gif

Crayon

Damn I didn't know there were so many. I've seen some that haven't been posted yet too.

Idk op they are mostly pretty funny. By means of being clones of classics that stay funny. Not sure how that works but it seems most people like them.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Couldn't agree more.

That half of this board finds them hilarious and posts them in this thread as a "backfire" makes me embarrassed.

This board skews toward 30 and 40-year-olds, and it's obvious that this is a bunch of guys closing in on 50 who don't get the absolute cringe of posting overused GIFs that are created to cater to Fortnite teenagers on Twitter.

Couldn't agree more.

That half of this board finds them hilarious and posts them in this thread as a "backfire" makes me embarrassed.

This board skews toward 30 and 40-year-olds, and it's obvious that this is a bunch of guys closing in on 50 who don't get the absolute cringe of posting overused GIFs that are created to cater to Fortnite teenagers on Twitter.

Its also a board filled with a bunch of 30-40 year old men that play (and argue about) video games

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I had no idea there were this many sony ip gifs. I don't even know what half of them are referencing. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Edit: grammar

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The best ones are the ones where I have zero idea what the reference is. Which is like a good half of them.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
These meme gifs that Sony obviously tells their studios to do arent cool. It's comes off as 40 something executives having their developers make gifs to appeal to "the youth" and completely misses the mark. At most you'll get mid late 30smth facebook dads sharing it but yea, they aren't cool.

God Of War Atreus GIF by Santa Monica Studio

God Of War Perfection GIF by Santa Monica Studio

Excite Parks And Recreation GIF by Naughty Dog

Happy The Last Of Us GIF by PlayStation

The Last Of Us Headbang GIF by PlayStation

I'm almost 45, guess I'm part of the intended demographic.

PS : I'm triggered and offended, send me location

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Also LOL at "low quality"... put any one of these joke gifs side by side with an actual cutscene animation from like Mass Effect Andromeda or something lol.... even Sony's fuckin jokes are higher quality.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more.

mpj5xBD.gif

Deff the demographic who be weak at SNL and corporate lead humor initiatives...I'm glad people in this thread have fun with them...even the Khaled memes are a bit of an example that older people find things funny a few years late and keep the joke going on a bit too long.

Deff the demographic who be weak at SNL and corporate lead humor initiatives...I'm glad people in this thread have fun with them...even the Khaled memes are a bit of an example that older people find things funny a few years late and keep the joke going on a bit too long.

What do Gen Z amuse themselves with these days?

*Please provide a non tiktok link

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I couldn't care less how products I buy are marketed.

Or what their executives say.

Or anything.. other than how good the products themselves are.

Gamers are so weirdly obsessed with marketing and executives lol

Last edited:

Aenima

Are these from SONY themselves? I always though (and I don't know why I thought this) that they were somehow from independent "memers" or something, but then how could they have gotten the engines to do these machinima.

. . .also you know how I know these aren't overused - I've only ever seen them on Twitter or in forums randomly. Half of these "oversaturated" gifs I've never even seen (how that THE SHINING one didn't blow up I'll never know).
They are not requested by Sony like the OP seems to believe, they are made by the studios animators when they have nothing more to do. Its like an internal thing that i think Naughty Dog started when they won Studio of the year and shown this gif in the award ceremony. And now some other studios joined the fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom