• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare is still figuring out what Everwild is

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
It was obvious. There is no gameplay yet in Everwild.

“Part of the reason we haven’t talked a lot about Everwild is because we’re still feeling a lot of these things out. We’re still playing around with gameplay ideas.

“We’ll have plenty to say in the future on that, but … we have an idea we feel really passionate about, and we think there’s something special. I have a team of people that wake up every morning with the desire to make this game that they’re really, really passionate about.”

Smoke6

Sony does that too what are you even talking about all game company does that i mean Cyberpunk has been announce for how long now.
Like seriously what the fuck Sony has to do with what he said?

can you actually comparatively back up what you’re saying?

as in when has Sony gone out there way to tour and event the way MS has been doing only to have devs under deliver on games that we all knew weren’t even close to being ready?

for fucks sakes dude fables been rumored for a while and all we got was a fucking Disney’s tinker bell cinematic!

no gameplay from anything worthwhile except for halo and that didn’t live up to the hype!

Jesus, why announce a game when it's still being worked out. Microsoft boggle my mind. Holy shit.

They got nothing but still got to release a console in November 2020 and sell it. So they'll hype with whatever they can come up with - even with abstract ideas of what the game is going to be. Phil and company literally did nothing but release mediocre stuff, close studios and cancel exclusives this gen. Phil only went on a hiring spree the last couple of years. The studios are not ready to show nor release AAA quality content. Games are coming in 2022/2023. Are they going to delay the console to 2022 - Hell No. By then Sony will be on overdrive. Begs to reason they want to dupe as many as possible with a premise. We'll see how much it worked come November.

Last edited:
Seems like most of the big Xbox exclusives are years away. Everwild, Fable, Avowed, Stalker, Hellblade, probably CrossfireX. Sure there are lower profile games coming soonish but I don’t know if any of them are system sellers.

Zannegan

I hope they figure out it's not worth their time. Seriously, I don't usually hate on a project this early, but that reveal rubbed me the wrong way.

jakinov

It was obvious. There is no gameplay yet in Everwild.
Games can change a lot through development. They try out new mechanics, think of better game concepts altogether, remove things that don't work. The game is likely at least 2 years away since it'snot coming to Xbox One. And a lot can change int 2+ years. It's one of the reasons why companies don't show game-play until near release nowadays because a lot of decisions can be tentative. You don't want to announce/show features you plan on scrapping.

Tesseract

Banned
i relate to this

doitlive.gif

sol_bad

have people forgotten about The Last Guardian already?

But they always knew what that game was meant to be once it was announced. The issue was hardware related and that's why it took forever to release.

WiLD would be a better example since there’s differences from first to second footage. Last Guardian always remained as Last Guardian tho.

I had never even heard of this game. How did I miss it? Looked up the 2014 Gamescom Sony conference and this game ended it. Seems like they had a vision for the game but it hasn't released due to .... reasons. It looks like a survivor type game so maybe that is why I don't remember it. I guess you could say this is an example if they didn't know what to do with the game.

I saw this earlier and I legit felt disheartened. Rare once was one of the best studios in the world, they delivered the goods like mad men. Now they're developing a game worrying about the gameplay later. This is flat out depressing and just an example that there are fates worse than death.

bitbydeath

I had never even heard of this game. How did I miss it? Looked up the 2014 Gamescom Sony conference and this game ended it. Seems like they had a vision for the game but it hasn't released due to .... reasons. It looks like a survivor type game so maybe that is why I don't remember it. I guess you could say this is an example if they didn't know what to do with the game.

It looked very CPU intensive, hopefully they are able to get it going again on PS5.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Like seriously what the fuck Sony has to do with what he said?

can you actually comparatively back up what you’re saying?

as in when has Sony gone out there way to tour and event the way MS has been doing only to have devs under deliver on games that we all knew weren’t even close to being ready?

I think they basically pressure SQEX to do that literally every single Playstation launch to try and motivate the Japanese market. Remember Versus XIII?

Top Bottom