• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus Hits PS3 November 12th

Drek

Well... Okay... that we know of.

I'm assuming you guys are going to be too busy elsewhere for the next couple of years or so, so at the very least this'll likely be the last for quite some time... no?

Insomniac has multiple studios and easily enough resources to work on more than one game at a time.

The real question here is if they still have the R&C magic. Resistance was a hit and miss franchise with different strengths and weaknesses with each iteration. Fuse felt like it lacked inspiration and was a paint by numbers shooter. Full Frontal Assault and All 4 One weren't particularly good either.

Into the Nexus is back to their strengths so I'm optimistic that it'll be more Crack in Time/Tools of Destruction, but will they carry that over into another trilogy on PS4, and will the sales of Into the Nexus support that?

The biggest disappointment for me was FFA. That game could have been great, but in the end was a less enjoyable experience than Orcs Must Die as a 3rd person action/shooter + tower defense hybrid.

anyone get this feeling that while they're saying this is an epilogue to Ratchet Future series, it actually is more of a prologue for a new Ratchet series on PS4? something like Ratchet Nexus: subtitle or something . I wouldn't be surprised if this game ends with a teaser for Ratchet ps4 games

just a feeling.

Ulumsk

I hope you're not referring to ACiT because that was easily the best Ratchet and Clank game they've ever created. I might go back and replay it on a harder difficulty one day because it was grand, fun game with some refreshing gameplay concepts (for a Ratchet game) and really great puzzles.

I'm not. Crack in Time was stellar. I was referring to All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault.

krae_man

Well, don't think horror. Think creepy / spooky. Perfect for Halloweentime (even if we are a little after Halloween on nov 12th)

Yeah but you're only 5 days after the Simpsons Halloween special.

Also stop being coy with the length, we need the exact dollars to hours of gameplay ratio to the penny now!

Not really

scoobs

I get the feeling this game is a test subject for cheaper/smaller retail games (which I'm totally fine with)

U2NUMB

Due to the price I will hop on a pre order ... 3 days before PS4 means some power gaming to get it done for me but sounds like a good time. Have always wanted to get into this series and I am considering picking up past games to get pulled in.

Toppot

Due to the price I will hop on a pre order ... 3 days before PS4 means some power gaming to get it done for me but sounds like a good time. Have always wanted to get into this series and I am considering picking up past games to get pulled in.

I'd say Pick up Tools of Destruction, then get A Crack in Time. Then the HD collection if you want to see the origins of the series. Then pick up any others that take your fancy. Maybe avoid All4One unless you have children/small kids to play with.

Vashetti

Banned

Buy:

HD trilogy
Tools of Destruction
Quest for Booty
A Crack in Time

Maybe:

Full Frontal Assault or Q-Force (name is different depending on what territory you are in)

Avoid:

All 4 One (unless you have other people to play with)
Gladiator HD or Deadlocked HD (again, name is different by territory) - awful, awful port, and I expect Insomniac are embarrassed to be associated with it

Crunch2600

Neo Member
If the Vita version is real, I hope it's at least a decent port. The Vita version of Full Frontal Assault was absolutely terrible.

Twio

Avoid:

All 4 One (unless you have other people to play with)

Do you specifically mean locally or do you mean online also?

I didn't like the single player campaign but it's pretty fun online. And I imagine most people who bought it have a group of PSN friends to play with. And even if you don't, you can still play with random people iirc.

I realise that now, thank you. I have played TLOU, Uncharted and all that though. I didn't say I only play co-op games, just mostly.

That's cool. But I hope you'll reconsider giving the franchise a try. The HD collection of the original trilogy is out and Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time are amazing too, you could probably snatch them all up for under $80 bucks. I'd say they're worth your time :)

wouwie

Can't wait. This might actually be the last ps3 game that i buy. Would be a fitting way to finish this generation since i started this generation with the stellar Tools of Destruction, which was also the first Ratchet game i ever played (i have been catching up since then). I love the franchise.

boingball

Good price and nice timing, well before GT6 and gives me some time to finish SR, GTA V, Puppeteer and Rayman. (Not buying a PS4 until the new inFamous hits).

Hopefully this a return to form for the R&C series (and Insomniac).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FUCK ME DAY 1

Injurai, you better make a great OT!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Seriously, while US will be playing PS4, us in Europe will be playing this! We win :D

spliced

Sounds good. I'm on my second play through of ToD currently. One thing I wish they would do is give some way to get a second hint for the Skill Points. I can never figure them all out and I hate just looking them up on the internet. That would be cool if there was a device you could buy that would give you a hint like that bird would do in Donkey Kong Country for puzzle pieces.

I'm holding out hope for deadlocked 2 on the horizon lol. I loved all the mods in that game they were fantastic.

Seems like there is some sort of arena in this one. I hope they have some ridiculous character saying goofy stuff again.

Yawnier

Banned
Looks very good, I've been craving more Ratchet since I beat the HD collection this past summer. Pricetag is really nice too.

freoleo29

This is a bit off topic but will Ratchet Trilogy be coming out on vita eventually like sly and Jak? or are there no plans?

Toppot

This is a bit off topic but will Ratchet Trilogy be coming out on vita eventually like sly and Jak? or are there no plans?

There has been no announcements or even any hints. And if it was to be handled by Idol Minds/Tin Giant then you probably don't want any port they do.

Going by the name I thought it was for some phone. I have yet to play a Ratchet & Clank game. Where would a good place be to get into the series?

Quest for Booty followed by Crack in Time followed by this...Tools of Destruction is worth checking out too, but I'd definitely recommend QFB, ACiT and ITN over ToD.

Urgh is this really only 30fps? What's the game gained to lose something so important in a fast paced game like Ratchet? I know the co-op versions were 30, but this is straight up regular like Crack in Time isn't it? It will so sleepy :(

Awaits "it doesn't need 60" posts.

anyone get this feeling that while they're saying this is an epilogue to Ratchet Future series, it actually is more of a prologue for a new Ratchet series on PS4? something like Ratchet Nexus: subtitle or something . I wouldn't be surprised if this game ends with a teaser for Ratchet ps4 games

just a feeling.
To me this is Insomniac throwing Playstation fans a bone, while they move on to new brighter Microsoft shores and new exclusive IPs. That's what I think.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Urgh is this really only 30fps? What's the game gained to lose something so important in a fast paced game like Ratchet? I know the co-op versions were 30, but this is straight up regular like Crack in Time isn't it? It will so sleepy :(

well-trodden debate. I think we used the extra resources to resounding effects. It's definitely the most gorgeous Ratchet game. Some of the lighting and stuff going on is just really beautiful.

Blader

Were the previous games 60fps?

Top Bottom