• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus Hits PS3 November 12th

Burbeting

Banned
Having high hopes for the game, loved Tools of Destruction and A Crack in time :)!

Still, the framerate kinda worries me. I got to test the game last weekend in a local convention (Demo was located in the first planet, I guess?). Moving and shooting felt a tad more stiffer, which is a bad thing for a game, where you need to move very precisely. The same stiffness was around in A4O and FFA, so I'm guessing framerate is one of the culprits.

Still, Day 1 for me.

8byte

Banned
Having high hopes for the game, loved Tools of Destruction and A Crack in time :)!

Still, the framerate kinda worries me. I got to test the game last weekend in a local convention (Demo was located in the first planet, I guess?). Moving and shooting felt a tad more stiffer, which is a bad thing for a game, where you need to move very precisely. The same stiffness was around in A4O and FFA, so I'm guessing framerate is one of the culprits.

Still, Day 1 for me.

It's on the exact same engine, and very little has been changed, outside of additional post processing and the frame rate being halved. The aiming feels just as it did in ACiT. Some of you need to go replay that.

That said, ITN, in my experience playing it, had a more stable frame rate than ACiT, which was often around 50fps, at times as "low" as 45fps, where as ITN is usually around 25-30. I'd be genuinely surprised if it EVER got below 20, even in the absolute most strenuous conditions.

Finished. Mild spoilers again.

Took about 6 hours on Hero (regular) mode. If you just did a barebones playthrough you could shave a decent amount of time off that I'd imagine. At the same time, it's more replayable than the previous shorter Ratchet games. 40 skill points I believe. Trophies have progress bars. Clank's new segments are replayable after you beat the game for better times, etc. Also a challenge mode after you finish the game. And you can replay arena battles.

Visually, I sort of agree something felt a bit off about the intro section, but once you get to the planets they look great. Final planet maybe a bit less so. Framerate seemed fine to me (after you accept the 30fps that is), didn't notice any distracting framedrops.

Gameplay was varied and I liked most of the new additions. 3rd planet was a bit of a drag if you're trying to find everything. Treasure map is a huge welcome when you get it. Final level was pretty neat in what it does. Final boss segment was fairly good at parts.

Overall I liked it, and it feels like a solid Ratchet game. It has a decent amount of content for the price and is fairly self contained. It may be a while till we get another Ratchet game comes out, but this definately leaves us with something more satisfactory than the previous 2 titles

How many planets are there?

Satchel

Banned
What's with the glass breaking skill point?

Are there glass windows I can never go back to? Because I've checked everywhere and I'm at 66%. Damn you Stevenson.

Kujo

How many planets are there?
So it basically goes like this:

Intro level
Planet 1 (Main event level)
Planet 2 (Main event level)
Planet 3 (Confined to Arena area mostly)
Planet 4 (Big open area mostly for collecting/bolt grinding)
Planet 5 (Closer to planets 1 and 2, but smaller. Features something cool for fans)

Mild spoilers for structure of game.

Kujo

New menu music you get after you finish the game is great

Can't figure out how to get the last gold bolt surrounded by those big metal crates, hmm

still interested in knowing whether the overall length of a standard playthrough is the same as Quest for Booty or longer?
It's at least double Q4B. I played Q4B for the first time last week and it took me around 2.5 hours. Nexus on the other hand was about 6 hours with collecting and doing arena challenges. Plus Nexus has more after game activities

Can't figure out how to get the last gold bolt surrounded by those big metal crates, hmm

It's at least double Q4B.
I played Q4B for the first time last week and it took me around 2.5 hours. Nexus on the other hand was about 6 hours with collecting and doing arena challenges. Plus Nexus has more after game activities

Sounds good to me... this should prove to be even longer for me personally then since it took me around 6-8 hours just to finish QFB, i guess i spent a lot of time taking in the sights lol ;)

Can someone with the game comment on the purpose of gold bolts in this game? Do they do anything more interesting than unlock skins?

Tsunamo

Can someone with the game comment on the purpose of gold bolts in this game? Do they do anything more interesting than unlock skins?
They unlock
The Omega (gold) weapons which is essentially their challenge mode upgrades. It's a neat throwback to the original Ratchet & Clank.

RPGCrazied

How come no OT? It come out in like 3 days! I was going to wait, but I had a $10 Amazon gift card. So I got the game for $20. :) Some user on gamefaqs said it lasted him 9 - 10 hours. I thought it would be much shorter. Apparently its already out in Australia.

RPGCrazied

Also it looks like when you buy the game you get a download voucher for Quest for Booty for free. I don't know if its in all new copies or just Amazon.

Satchel

Banned

It's at least double Q4B. I played Q4B for the first time last week and it took me around 2.5 hours. Nexus on the other hand was about 6 hours with collecting and doing arena challenges. Plus Nexus has more after game activities

I've got one bolt and a ryno piece on Silox left, I can see them on the map but have no clue how to get there now the level is complete.

PaulloDEC

I've got one bolt and a ryno piece on Silox left, I can see them on the map but have no clue how to get there now the level is complete.

I ran into this same issue last night.
I'm wondering if we need to go up on the train-track elevator to the boss area.
If we do, I sure as hell can't find a way to make it happen.

Kujo

Hmm, the final final arena challenge is pretty difficult. I think I'll need to upgrade everything to try and take this on again.

At the top of the map?

You can get back to the sewers by going down the big drain again (you might have to reconnect the pipes again). I think the Ryno part is at one end and you need to jetpack up to it. The final bolt I presume was the same as mine in the opposite end of the sewers. Figured out you can blow up those metal crates surrounding it with the turret nearby.

Satchel

Banned
Hmm, the final final arena challenge is pretty difficult. I think I'll need to upgrade everything to try and take this on again.

At the top of the map?

You can get back to the sewers by going down the big drain again (you might have to reconnect the pipes again). I think the Ryno part is at one end and you need to jetpack up to it. The final bolt I presume was the same as mine in the opposite end of the sewers. Figured out you can blow up those metal crates surrounding it with the turret nearby.

I hit the Ryno part. Thanks. But how do I get back to the part with th bolt?

PaulloDEC

This is where I'm at too. If you try to go for the bolt via the sewers, you're faced with a locked door. If you try to go for it from the city above, it's a wall of vines and leaves blocking your way.

Kujo

Had the same problem originally, couldn't figure out how to get back down there. From what I remember though, after getting the ryno part, I exited the level, then came back to it and the entry to the area with the bolt was open this time. So try going to another planet and coming back.

Alternatively you can just pick it up on another playthrough as all the gold bolts you've collected stay collected.

PaulloDEC

Had the same problem originally, couldn't figure out how to get back down there. From what I remember though, after getting the ryno part, I exited the level, then came back to it and the entry to the area with the bolt was open this time. So try going to another planet and coming back.

Alternatively you can just pick it up on another playthrough as all the gold bolts you've collected stay collected.

Cheers, that did the trick. My first 100% completion in a Ratchet game!

Toadette

Banned
sorry for the bump

but can i just ask

Ive just started the game and its extremely buggy its crash on me twice and have one in a level on the orphan planet home and again after a cutscene

i had to unplug my ps3 which is not good for it

is there a patch ?

great game the music is incredible

Toppot

sorry for the bump

but can i just ask

Ive just started the game and its extremely buggy its crash on me twice and have one in a level on the orphan planet home and again after a cutscene

i had to unplug my ps3 which is not good for it

is there a patch ?

great game the music is incredible
No problem, future questions on the game might be better answered in this thread though =]
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712321
(The game has basically come and gone at this point, its a short snack of a game with relatively little replay value... like the last 2-3 R&C games.)

Anyway, to your current predicament.

No it should not crash that much. I suggest deleting the Game Data and reinstalling, be that digital or Disc.

Did you try holding down the power button on the PS3 for 15 or so seconds? Unplugging/cutting off power to the PS3 should be a last resort.

There is no patch for the games as there generally isn't anything broken in it, there have been no widespread reports of bugs/glitches.

If deleting/reinstalling the game doesn't help with crashes it could be a faulty disc (Assuming you are playing off a disc), then look on this forum below and perhaps post there and see if someone can help =]
http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/forumdisplay.php?58-Bug-Error-Reporting

Top Bottom