• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate Microsoft's Xbox One conference

Using bags of DORITOS®, rate the POWERFUL CRUNCH of the XO reveal!

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
1 or 2 out of 10? It was a bunch of bullshit.

The only things that slightly interested me were the new controller and Remedy's game. All of that non-game nonsense they packed into this device does not interest me at all. We already have PCs, phones, and tablets that do all of this stuff much better. I don't want it in my gaming consoles. I want games and gameplay enhancing features for my gaming consoles.

They're going to have to really bring it for E3, but I'm doubting they will. Microsoft has been going in this direction since the Kinect and I don't see them stopping now.

It's definitely looking like it will be just Wii U/PS4 for me this generation.

Chaos17

1/10

Because only COD video saved the day while they were trying to sell the tv box feature all the time which I disliked.

RickD

Depends what i'm rating. Is it a next gen Cable box that plays games? or a Console that you can watch TV on?

Seems like it will just be an underpowered Games Console outside of the USA :-|

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
One/100

Gets a point for the Remedy game and that is it. I'm definitely in the PS4 camp after this :(

untill they show Halo

V_Ben

Banned
Absolutely horrible. I was in a room with a bunch of people who love using their 360s, and when it ended, there was absolute silence. Complete mismanage of what their fanbase wanted to see.

cripterion

2/10. It honestly sucked.

The voice commands were cool and liking the new gamepad but that's it. They lost me at NFL stuff.

First half: 1/10 (none of what they showed interests me at all or is even coming to my part of the world)

Second half: 5/10 (games, none of which were particularly interesting, no real gameplay, only stylished trailers)

JABEE

D.

The only thing interesting about the event was how it worked as an HDMI splitter and a way to organize DVR content through your Comcast Cable Box.

The NFL partnership was bullshit. Real-time fantasy stats is an old application. It doesn't have the NFL Sunday Ticket either.

stryke

As a general entertainment device - 8/10. I don't live in the US, but I can see this being attractive to the mainstream.

As a gaming device - 4/10. I don't care if you only had an hour. Still too much rambling. Alas, they can very well redeem themselves at E3.

FroJay

Banned
Xbox 1/10

That was basically the worst possible conference they could have produced. Without a doubt, I am 100% PS4 next gen. Goodbye 11 years of Xbox and Live.

I really don't like the direction they're steering gaming in, who the hell wants all this connectivity and voice command? Who are the fools at Microsoft pushing all of this stuff? The GF and I were just sitting watching the conference and neither one of us were interested. Wii U actually has a chance to succeed with Microsoft firmly screwing themselves over.

Socreges

Banned
ARBITRARYLOWNUMBER / 10

Really bad conference. I love how when we finally heard the word "gameplay", they still show cutscenes.

Nugg

Cars, football, CoD, and services that won't be available in my country. New generation indeed. Not buying this for now. 1/10.

ymmv

Banned
2/10

I liked the idea of Steven Spielberg producing a Halo TV series (even though I know next to nothing about the Halo universe)

Not too good. I'm not even part of the whole "they didn't show games crowd" -- they straight up didn't show anything. Nothing surprising, nothing that got me excited. And the console itself looks huge and brick-like, like a VHS player. I don't know.

3/10

With the Wii U a awful reveal , one of the worst

Shit name, 4>1 surely from a marketing standpoint ? Decent looking box but man that was shit. Even Forza didn't impress me.

The EA thing worries me about Mass Effect

anddo0

I planned some of my day around this? 4/10.

I'm sure it'll be great. But, it did nothing to standout. The reveal was super boring.

UberTag

Prior to the news of Xbox One officially blocking used games I was planning to give the unveil a 3 out of 10. (By comparison, I gave the PS4 unveil a 6 out of 10 score.) I actually do like the name and the TV functionality is revolutionary but nobody is going to be buying a launch day, non-backwards compatible, non-subsidized system for that feature set.)

Taking THAT news into account, though... yikes. I think I'm too high.

Probably have to knock it down to 1 or 2.

GAME OVER MICROSOFT! (unless Sony is actually playing coy about a similar feature... in which case we're ALL fucked)

trixx

4/10 not very interested in the console but waiting for the 15 games to confirm whether ill buy it at launch

itf56

1/10 Worst of all possible worlds, and that's as an MS fanboy. Was particularly dreadful for those of us outside the US, where we don't give a fuck about US sports and probably won't even get the TV features.

Top Bottom