• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Jungle Run revealed

SmokyDave

Impressions people, impressions!
Looks stunning. Been switching between iPhone 4 and iPad 3 and both look gorgeous.

As for the gameplay, it seems pretty cool. I'm only making my way through the first section (jump) at the mo but the controls are nice and responsive, the presentation is slick and there seem to be hidden routes to increase replayability. Can't speak to it too much as I'm early in.

For £1.99 it seems pretty damned fine, especially if you're a fan of high-res 2D loveliness.

Drago

Looks stunning. Been switching between iPhone 4 and iPad 3 and both look gorgeous.

As for the gameplay, it seems pretty cool. I'm only making my way through the first section (jump) at the mo but the controls are nice and responsive, the presentation is slick and there seem to be hidden routes to increase replayability. Can't speak to it too much as I'm early in.

For £1.99 it seems pretty damned fine, especially if you're a fan of high-res 2D loveliness.

Sounds fantastic. Hidden routes sound lovely.

Now it needs to come to Android! I need to get a new iPod Touch soon :p

SmokyDave

Sounds fantastic. Hidden routes sound lovely.

Now it needs to come to Android! I need to get a new iPod Touch soon :p
I can't tell if they're hidden routes or just bits where I've gone the wrong way (missed a jump / crack) but either way, it'll take more than one run through to grab all the lums!

RM8

Not sure I want. I hated the incredibly lazy 3DS port of Origins, but even that'd be better than a runner. It's not even on WP... I could buy it for my Sony Tablet S, but something this simple would be better on my phone.

Vire

Playing it now, seems very charming. Has an addictive quality to it to get a "Perfect Run"

Retrieving old man Death's teeth is super cute even if it makes absolutely no sense.

Fun little game.

wrowa

Not sure I want. I hated the incredibly lazy 3DS port of Origins, but even that'd be better than a runner. It's not even on WP... I could buy it for my Sony Tablet S, but something this simple would be better on my phone.

I'm feeling kinda bad for laughing a little when you mentioned WP...

TheOGB

Banned
Playing it now, seems very charming. Has an addictive quality to it to get a "Perfect Run"

Retrieving old man Death's teeth is super cute even if it makes absolutely no sense.

Fun little game.
Aw shit

Hidden Land of the Livid Dead level confirmed?

Vire

Aw shit

Hidden Land of the Livid Dead level confirmed?

Yep, playing the first one of those, seems more challenging than the rest of the game. I wish the whole game was like this! Makes me yearn for a Super Meat Boy iOS game.

totowhoa

Banned
I don't wanna say much until I've played more, but first impressions are good and it looks amazing.

Agreed. I don't think it was even possible to die until 2-2, so the first world was a little dull, even with the gorgeous art and good music. So far the soundtrack seems a little limited, sadly, but overall it's a pretty fun game. I think I'm on 2-5 or 2-6 now, but I just took a break. It'll be fun to go through and collect all the lums.

I don't think there are any hidden paths or anything like that though. Unless you can go back and use your new powers in previous areas? I haven't tried, but I wasn't expecting that (especially since I think you can 100% a level in a single go and it doesn't keep a time count that I noticed to encourage finding better paths)

Tuck

Love it. The tiny screen doesn't do justice to the games art, but the game is really fun. Not so much about dying a lot as it is about getting all the collectables in a level.

bede-x

People that like memorization and reflex tests like this should buy it immediately. There's more trial & error than in a randomly generated autorunner, since this is using fixed stages, which is the downside to that structure, but it works very well for what it is. Can't see it lasting long, but maybe they'll make some additional stages down the road.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I didn't know this was out tonight, what a nice suprise. And apparently Rayman 2 is on iOS? I'm guessing it's probably a rough port.

V_Ben

Banned
I didn't know this was out tonight, what a nice suprise. And apparently Rayman 2 is on iOS? I'm guessing it's probably a rough port.

Never play Rayman 2 on iOS, it'll maim the very fabric of your soul.

Also the controls are like butt.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This is pretty great. Despite the automated running and one button controls, it still feels like playing Rayman Origins, surprisingly so. It looks and runs fantastic on my 4S and the soundtrack is delightful as ever. I do miss sliding though, I slid everywhere when playing Origins. Good stuff.

Vire

I like it a lot, but the flying/spinning levels don't seem as fun.

One other thing is that it's rather short. I got everything in the first world in less than an hour. I'm hoping they'll add more levels later on.

Still though, great game.

Lijik

Beat the first world including the livid dead level for it (which was surprisingly difficult!). Game is a lot of fun so far!

Peeking at the achievements and the ones for getting 500 and up lums without dying/restarting looks like a real challenge. Especially if you need to get all 100 in a stage for it to count (not sure if you do or not)

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Dammit, downloading now. I still have Origins to complete, but I can't pass up on a Rayman platformer!

TheOGB

Banned
Beat the first world including the livid dead level for it (which was surprisingly difficult!). Game is a lot of fun so far!

Peeking at the achievements and the ones for getting 500 and up lums without dying/restarting looks like a real challenge. Especially if you need to get all 100 in a stage for it to count (not sure if you do or not)
Sounds like 1 Livid Dead level per world? Nice.

I am excite

Top Bottom