• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Jungle Run revealed

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Looks really nice on 4S.

lLQRE.jpg

Surprisingly this turned out really well, having quite a bit of fun with this. Def worth 2.99 and so far no where near as frustrating as the treasure chest lvls, some of those were insane

soldat7

Could stand to be a lot sharper on the iPad 3. It's a darn shame this couldn't be a full-blown platformer. It's worth the Happy Meal, though.

Game is so fun. Fucking bargain at $2.99. Can't stop playing. Looks so amazing in motion on my iPad 3.

Long live iOS, King of Gaming.

hyp

this game is the truth! no walk in the park either. it's tough at times but so gratifying. and dat retina, wow.

bridegur

Maybe it's because it doesn't look like a Flash game or something someone cooked up in their basement, but this is the first iOS game I've actually played for more than 30 seconds. It's pretty great. Not as good as Rayman Origins, but still a lot of fun.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
WARNING: Game is super addictive!!

I jumped into it last night before bed just for a quick sample, and almost an hour later I have to literally pry myself away after perfecting the jump section along with the livid dead level (which was actually kind of tough).

Quick Question: Forty regular levels, and forty four levels total (including livid dead levels)?

I forgot this launched, glad the thread was bumped - will be downloading tonight for my 4S and iPad.

Gotta love universal apps!

Corto

Bought! And there are two more Rayman games on store published by Gameloft?! Anyone has some feedback on those?

Lijik

It doesn't, different game entirely.
I wouldnt say entirely. Its most akin to trying to get all 350 lums in the dragon boss stage, except the game handles all the running instead of forcing you into it via advancing "walls" of death

Just finished all of the stages, game was super fun and worth the 3 bucks

It's fun, and obviously designed around the one direction conceit in terms of collectibles. As someone who's been at it since the Colecovision days, I must say there's something about this that just feels intrinsically wrong, but if you're gonna do it, do it like this.

Plus, it's eeeeeffing gorgeous on the iPad screen.

Micerider

Looks fantastic on ipad 3. Fun runner game, with a small replay value to collect all lums. Seems pretty short. PeRfect "bitesized" game, nothing console-like (except the art) but a really clever quality adaptation to the platform

Glix

THIS is how you take your assets and make an awesome IOS game. Not just a port with horrible touch d-pad.

Bravo Ubi.

stalker

I will buy this for my Galaxy Tab 2 as soon as I am back home next saturday. It will be my first gaming purchase on the Play store, definitely sounds like it's worth it.

Lijik

Played a bit more of the game tonight just to play it. I hope they come out with a level pack or do a sequel in the future with Legends assets or something. I feel like the main reason why the game is so appealing to me is that its straight up the same engine from Origins so everything feels the same (even the janky spike detection!), and the game is geared towards how I tend to play Origins anyways just cutting out the middleman of holding down run and a direction. Everything just clicks and feels like Im playing a Rayman Origins expansion pack especially in the Livid Dead stages despite the clear differences.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This is so good. It's helping me get through a slow day of work. One thing Ubi needs to do is add time trials for every level. Seems like speed runs (with leaderboard competition) would be fun.

THIS is how you take your assets and make an awesome IOS game. Not just a port with horrible touch d-pad.

Bravo Ubi.

Yeah, been hitting this up a bit. It's a perfect combo. Take a game that already has high res assets made. Tie it to a control scheme that works for the system instead of just tacking on some derpy attempt at console controls. Sell it for a reasonable price.

Fireblend

Banned
Google sucks for timely releases. I love Android but the google store management and support just seems incredibly useless sometimes. It wouldn't surprise me if by the end of the day Ubi's twitter account was doing damage control.

Also updating google play site constantly

Fireblend

Banned
Sorry guys, it seems it's been delayed :(

From Ubisoft's twitter:
#RaymanJungleRun will be out on Google Play Sept 27 @10am CET. Sorry for the unexpected delay, we needed more time for optimization!

Pocket Lint App of the Day

PocketLint said:
You start with only the ability to run and then things get harder as more abilities are unlocked. The music is also very awesome and worth switching your iPod off for. Retina display graphics top off the whole package, making for a very solid app. Would be nice if it was 69p though.

Lol gaming

Top Bottom