• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Jungle Run revealed

BiggNife

Sorry guys, it seems it's been delayed :(

From Ubisoft's twitter:

Man, it would have been nice if they announced this a little earlier than the day it's supposed to be out.

I'm a little bummed, I was really looking forward to trying it on my S3 after all of the super positive ios impressions.

Glix

Any chance this will come out as a mini??

What a great game. It's gorgeous. I'm so curious how they would price it.

protonion

What the...?
I thought it would be some endless runner game.
Brilliant game! Awesome levels! And fans of the brutal difficulty of some parts of the console version won't be disappointed ;)

Runs great on my 3gs if anyone cares.

Fusebox

Banned
Ok you guys, I was gonna wait for a sale but I caved and got it and it's fantastic. Really good fun, and looks gorgeous on iPad 3.

wouwie

I'm not a big fan of iOS (= pure touch based) gaming but decided to give this a go anyway due to the positive opinions in this thread. And i'm pleasantly surprised.

Gameplay is not as fun as a "full blown" platform game (where you have full control) but it is surprisingly fun nonetheless. It looks gorgeous on iPad3 and has great music. People who loved Rayman Origins will appreciate the atmosphere and style since it shares a lot of the graphics and music.

I'm actually looking forward to playing it again tonight. The rayman franchise is just fantastic.

I just finished the second Livid Dead stage (2-10) and can now say that the level was an absolute fucking asshole to finish.

I love this game.

Wortany

Rayman Jungle Run just released in Amazon app store and Google play.

But for some freaking reason, Google Play is telling me that it isn't compatible with my Sony Xperia Neo......Really now? :(

Gagaman

Baaah not compatible with my Phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i). Was really looking forward to it too. Do developers tend to update Android games for more compatibility over time?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There's no chance this will be a part of Google's 25B downloads sale, right? It would suck to buy it now only for it to go on sale for about 1/14 of the price in a few days. But I guess that's not very likely at all.

I just finished the second Livid Dead stage (2-10) and can now say that the level was an absolute fucking asshole to finish.

I love this game.

I loved that level! Just finished it this morning, took me two tube journeys to finish. Really enjoyed the branching paths and figuring out the fastest route. The game is amazing, easily my favourite iOS game. Would people recommend Origins if I like this?

A Sonic game using the same kind of setup would work great, down with virtual d-pads!

Wortany

Baaah not compatible with my Phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i). Was really looking forward to it too. Do developers tend to update Android games for more compatibility over time?

I really hope so, altough requirements state Android 2.3.3, mine is running 4.0 and they still state incompatibility. (I'm pretty sure mine should be 'capable' of running this game)

Would people recommend Origins if I like this?

Yes. 100%

nice. i have an iphone but was holding out for kindle fire version for the bigger screen

I downloaded it and am playing it on my Kindle Fire, but it isn't running so great. It's playable and looks good, but the frame rate is all over the place, and it has really bad screen tearing.

EDIT: I restarted the Kindle, and now the screen tearing seems to be fixed, but the frame rate is still bad at times. Maybe it's something I'm doing. :/

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Bought it for my Galaxy Nexus. Looks awesome and runs great! Seems very enjoyable so far, although also very easy (guess that changes though).

i41Ac5lpBh3cH.png

Cipherr

Bought it for my Galaxy Nexus. Looks awesome and runs great! Seems very enjoyable so far, although also very easy (guess that changes though).

[/IMG]http://i.minus.com/i41Ac5lpBh3cH.png[/IMG]

Also just bought this, downloading now. Had better be good.

wrowa

i41Ac5lpBh3cH.png

My tip: Try to collect every lum from the very beginning. If you just try to finish the levels, you will finish most worlds very quickly without (many) new levels to look forward to. Play it thoroughly from the beginning and you'll get more fun out of the game. (Also, only finishing the levels isn't really fun...)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It'll run on my older phone (Droid X), but I'm skeptical as to how well. Anyone tried it?

It's not a huge game, so you should be able to download and briefly try it within the 15 minute refund window if you've got a decent Internet connection.

My tip: Try to collect every lum from the very beginning. If you just try to finish the levels, you will finish most worlds very quickly without (many) new levels to look forward to. Play it thoroughly from the beginning and you'll get more fun out of the game. (Also, only finishing the levels isn't really fun...)

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now. After playing through world 1 and most of 2, I've gone back to 1 to perfect the levels there before I move on to the later levels.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
This game has really suprised me! Playing on iPhone 5 and it's just a really fun game. Graphics are nice and smooth game play which works well with touch.

Good pick up. I normally don't play iPhone games but this game has me coming back for more!

ghibli99

Finished this earlier this week on iPod Touch. Short & easy, but some of the later/LotD levels were a good challenge. Looks and sounds great. Didn't know they released it for Android, or I would have bought it there to play it on a bigger screen.

Edit: Oh, it came out on Android today. No wonder! :)

padlock

Picked this up for my Transformer tablet earlier this morning and have spent about 45 minutes with it throughout the day.

I'm very impressed. If my initial impressions hold up, I'd say it's one of the best mobile games I've tried.

Finished this earlier this week on iPod Touch. Short & easy, but some of the later/LotD levels were a good challenge. Looks and sounds great. Didn't know they released it for Android, or I would have bought it there to play it on a bigger screen.

Edit: Oh, it came out on Android today. No wonder! :)

By easy you mean collecting all the fireflies things in a level?

It'll run on my older phone (Droid X), but I'm skeptical as to how well. Anyone tried it?

I have a Droid X as well. When someone tests this let us know.

I'd been playing it on my lady's iPhone 5 but she got hooked and now I can't. Either I get a copy on my X or I have to pray to Iwata that he releases some NSMB2 DLC to pull her back to her 3DS.

km3k

Neo Member
I picked this up on Android yesterday and it plays great on my Samsung Galaxy S III. It's beautiful and looks so much like Origins.

I read that the iOS version has achievements and leaderboards. Has anyone heard if they'll be adding those to the Android version? I got some "welcome km3k" message when I first started up the app, so I assume it logged into something for keeping track of scores. OpenFeint/GREE maybe?

Only bad thing is that at the pace I'm playing it at, I'll probably be have 100% of lums and teeth by the end of next week.

Top Bottom