• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins collector's edition revealed (€65)

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
daCuk, yeah, it is coming on the Wii (thankfully, only platform I own).

Since it's getting the short end of the stick, I hope it'll be 10€ cheaper than the HD versions or something. That happens to Wii games sometimes.

How much is the regular edition anyway? 50€?

Shiggy

Kilrogg said:
daCuk, yeah, it is coming on the Wii (thankfully, only platform I own).

Since it's getting the short end of the stick, I hope it'll be 10€ cheaper than the HD versions or something. That happens to Wii games sometimes.

How much is the regular edition anyway? 50€?

In Germany: (based on Amazon.de)
Wii - 49.99€
PS3/Xbox 360 - 59.99€
3DS - 44.99€

French price: (all versions are 5€ cheaper on Amazon.fr than on Amazon.de)
PS3/X360 CE - 64.99€

I will probably pre-order this game (non-CE), but I'm a little disappointed by the price disparity between versions, considering that they're all the same game at their core. It's tough to swallow a $10 HD tax considering how many games are coming out in November. I'm half tempted to wait until I finish Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land and hope for a slight price drop, but I want to support the first fully fleshed out 2D retail console game since God knows when. Decisions, decisions...

Famassu

Sinthetic said:
Same here. I'm surprised.
It was supposed to be an episodic release at first, but then they abandoned those plans and they are doing all the episodes at once (and more) and releasing it as one big retail package.

How is that so hard to understand? Or surprising?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Shiggy said:
In Germany: (based on Amazon.de)
Wii - 49.99€
PS3/Xbox 360 - 59.99€
3DS - 44.99€

French price: (all versions are 5€ cheaper on Amazon.fr than on Amazon.de)
PS3/X360 CE - 64.99€

Thanks. I don't really see the point in making a CE edition if it's gonna be a mere 5€ more expensive, but that's Ubisoft's problem. Scratch that, I don't see why they think they can get away with pricing the game that high when platforming king Super Mario Bros. is 5-25€ cheaper than any version of this game.

Kandinsky said:
This is kinda sad, I bet the Wii version sells the most.

In fairness, the game wasn't originally supposed to come out on the Wii. I for one was surprised that they later announced it for the Wii. These things usually go the other way around: game is announced for all platforms only for the Wii version to get canceled down the road.

Considering that the game is heavily influenced by NSMB Wii, I wouldn't be surprised if Ancel pushed for Wii support as well. It takes a 2D platformer designer to understand where the audience is and how to please it.

I bet the game will sell most on the Wii or the PS3. The first Rayman was most popular on the Playstation 1 after all.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
I will probably pre-order this game (non-CE), but I'm a little disappointed by the price disparity between versions, considering that they're all the same game at their core. It's tough to swallow a $10 HD tax considering how many games are coming out in November. I'm half tempted to wait until I finish Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land and hope for a slight price drop, but I want to support the first fully fleshed out 2D retail console game since God knows when. Decisions, decisions...

Not that I disagree with you, but I wouldn't be surprised if a fair number of GAFfers thought that 1080p is worth the 10€ tax. If you're that bummed about it, why not buy the game on the Wii or 3DS? It sounds like you have both systems, and they will get the cheaper versions of the game.

Spike

Kandinsky said:
CE on Wii? good one lol.

Epic-Mickey-collector-s-edition-discovered-1050260.jpg

Top Bottom