• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billbil-kun: Starfield to have multiple editions. Prices leaked.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Notorious Leaker Bibili-kun has leaked the prices for Starfield. The game will have three editions.

What are the prices and the different editions of the Starfield video game?

After revealing to you, exclusively, the range of accessories consisting of a controller and a wireless headset bearing the image of the cosmic RPG on May 25, we are now tackling the editions and their prices!

Here are the editions and the prices that we have identified:

Standard Edition:

• Computer: €69.99
  • Xbox Series X|S: €79.99

Premium Edition:

• PC: 104.99 euros (Estimated price and not yet confirmed)
  • Xbox Series X|S: 114.99 euros (Estimated price and not yet confirmed)

Constellation Edition:

• Computer: €299.99
  • Xbox Series X: $299.99

Regarding the Constellation Edition, this is actually the name of the Collector's Edition, and it will only be available in physical format only.

What's next?

We are not able to reveal the nature of the additional content, nor the content of the Constellation version.

Nevertheless, we believe it is very likely that these editions will be officially presented during the Starfield Direct event, which will take place on June 11, right after the Xbox Games Showcase 2023. It is also possible that they will be available for pre-order. following the live.

The Xbox Games Showcase and the live Starfield Direct are among the most anticipated events of 2023. If you want to follow them live, do not hesitate to join the YouTube channel or the Twitch channel, from Sunday June 11 from 19 hours.

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
Thanks for the info. I wonder if one of those editions include some kind of season pass or any DLC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's in euros - aren't a lot of the $70 games already €79.99 for people in euroland (or at least i see them complain about that a lot)

MiguelItUp

Gotta be a typo for standard, no way they're attempting to create a new standard that quickly, lmao. Oh, unless it's a currency conversion thing, lol.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Big brain Microsoft going to raise the price of all games to 80 dollar to increase number of gamepass userbase.

reksveks

I am wondering if the game has playanywhere? I would expect so so figuring out how the price works.

Last edited:
What would the equivalent prices be in dollars? Surely, not $80.

Even if it is, I guess I'll do it. I'm not subscribing to GamePass again, that's for sure.

Topher

Gold Member
Ppl so fast to jump on the price. Come on. Think and realize it not $ 🤦‍♂️

Except it was $. Now it is not. It was a typo.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Kilau

Different price for PC and console is weird. Is it not going to be “play anywhere” or just have a Steam tax?

Kikorin

Thanks god (and Phil) for some reason they sent me 3 free months of Gamepass to use on pc/console when I want. I just hope the code will not expire before the game is out, because I want to play it for free.

Honestly, how many XBOX gamers are really going to go out and buy it for $70-$80(?) when you can just play it on Gamepass on day one? If this is legitimate, I think they are doing this to push more people towards Gamepass.

splattered

Honestly, how many XBOX gamers are really going to go out and buy it for $70-$80(?) when you can just play it on Gamepass on day one? If this is legitimate, I think they are doing this to push more people towards Gamepass.

Games cost $70 what are you talking about? Did you expect them to put out their next major AAA game for $40 in hopes people buy it instead of playing on GP? Strange take some of you have here...

Metnut

$85 for standard edition is insane. Typical Microsoft giving a huge middle finger up the ass to anyone who doesn’t subscribe to their “Gamepass”

Hopefully the US edition is only $70.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
L

Fucking 80 OYRO official price

DqBE9ly.png

Topher Topher

It is football now BTW.

Oh an lets see, the official price in here

epyhyGr.png

With average salary of 40k CZK, you could buy 20 Starfields and 9 big macs menu.
I obviously earn more btw.

I fairly certain, that's pretty high price in comparison to States or even West Europe. Especially for Bethesda Studio game

TransTrender

Gold Member
Here's hoping this is still locked in for GamePass, but I can see a future where MS does a rug pull in desperation for sales numbers and revenue.

If you play this on Game Pass does your saved game migrate if you buy a standalone copy?

Will paypigs with GamePass subs still pay for the Premium and Constellation editions for the bonus content or 72 hours of early access? Will they seethe in anger as they open their ass wallets because there's no upgrade path from GamePass?

splattered

Here's hoping this is still locked in for GamePass, but I can see a future where MS does a rug pull in desperation for sales numbers and revenue.

If you play this on Game Pass does your saved game migrate if you buy a standalone copy?

Will paypigs with GamePass subs still pay for the Premium and Constellation editions for the bonus content or 72 hours of early access? Will they seethe in anger as they open their ass wallets because there's no upgrade path from GamePass?

Yeah i have Game Pass Ultimate and i'm going to be purchasing the premium edition for both myself and then my son.

Different price for PC and console is weird. Is it not going to be “play anywhere” or just have a Steam tax?
Especially considering, if they sell it on Steam, they have to give 30% to Valve. You'd think they'd want to incentive buying it on Xbox over PC.

Yeah i have Game Pass Ultimate and i'm going to be purchasing the premium edition for both myself and then my son.
You sound like you're good with money.

Last edited:
Top Bottom