• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billbil-kun: Starfield to have multiple editions. Prices leaked.

Nydius

It’s just honestly a huge waste of money, and you don’t gain anything.
This is where I disagree. I gain the ability to continue playing the DLC I bought without being tied to the subscription service.

Take FH5 for example. It’s unlikely to ever leave Game Pass (I say unlikely rather than never because Forza’s licensing issues are… odd). I bought the Hot Wheels and Rally DLC. If I decide not to keep my GPU subscription, then the money I spent on the DLC is wasted, as I can no longer access what I bought.

By the time I bought FH5 standard edition, it was significantly less than the original retail launch price so I don’t really see it as a waste of money. I see it as a way to ensure I can keep playing what I paid for if either I or the game leaves GPU.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
This is where I disagree. I gain the ability to continue playing the DLC I bought without being tied to the subscription service.

Take FH5 for example. It’s unlikely to ever leave Game Pass (I say unlikely rather than never because Forza’s licensing issues are… odd). I bought the Hot Wheels and Rally DLC. If I decide not to keep my GPU subscription, then the money I spent on the DLC is wasted, as I can no longer access what I bought.

By the time I bought FH5 standard edition, it was significantly less than the original retail launch price so I don’t really see it as a waste of money. I see it as a way to ensure I can keep playing what I paid for if either I or the game leaves GPU.
Yea, FH5 is actually quite likely to leave GamePass sadly.

ZoukGalaxy

The price.
Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

200-300€ cheap collector edition confirmed.

Will wait the GOTY edition including all DLC with almost all bugs fixed at 20€ years later thanks to my infinite catlog of games.

Relaxed Cat GIF by sheepfilms
Cat Loop GIF

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yea, FH5 is actually quite likely to leave GamePass sadly.

Forza Horizon 4 is almost 6 years old and still on the service. 5 will probably be on the service till the 2030s and even when its about to leave, they'll let you buy it for a dollar, like they did the last time a Forza had to be de-listed because of licensing. I think we're good there.

Depending on whats coming to gamepass around starfield I might just buy the game, got burn the last 3 months of gamepass being subpar.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
If this is true I might wait a few weeks. Not really. Playing it on PC gamepass, but wondering if BG3 is the better game to play first. FFS I will have a full year of a backlog when this year is done and I am looking forward to some of the January games.

Games cost $70 what are you talking about? Did you expect them to put out their next major AAA game for $40 in hopes people buy it instead of playing on GP? Strange take some of you have here...
I thought I read up to around $80? That’s why I put $70-$80(?) because I wasn’t quite sure what I was reading. Obviously a $70 price tag will just persuade gamers just to play it on Gamepass instead of purchasing it. Which also makes me wonder how will they will make money on Starfield with a subscription service primarily if the game is as expensive as it seems, but we’ll see what happens.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Clever of them to sell a £30 digital upgrade to the base game we already 'own' on GP, with 5 days early access. Any serious fan is gonna be buying that (i know i am) so Beth still rake in some decent coinage even with it being on gamepass

Gambit2483

Will be hilarious when they also announce a Gamepass price hike. Trust they are going to get their 6.8 billion dollars back.

Keep dreaming if you think it's not coming

Top Bottom