• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins: New 2D Rayman game [U-CONF]

Kilrogg said:
Episodic AND no Wii version because of "artistic vision".

I see it's still about shitting on consumers and pleasing yourselves then. Fuck that shit. The game would still look great in 480i.

They haven't ruled it out, plus the game is probably using vector art (look at the way the enemies animate. It has a very Flash like look) so the file size shouldn't be an issue really.

Then again, this is Ubisoft we're talking about...

Teknoman

Kilrogg said:
Episodic AND no Wii version because of "artistic vision".

I see it's still about shitting on consumers and pleasing yourselves then. Fuck that shit. The game would still look great in 480p.

Fixed.

AniHawk

JasonUresti said:
Too bad. Ubi wisely diverted resources from a sequel to a boring, poorly constructed game in Beyond Good & Evil. And then they put out another installment of even more boring, and hideous looking game in Rayman.
Jason Uresti suffers from a variety of mental and physical handicaps. Poor taste in games, obsessive trolling, and the inability to form solid thoughts or criticisms are just some of the most severe.

It is best to be sympathetic towards these outbursts, lest you confuse the poor beast and cause it to harm itself in its agitated thrashings.
;)

Wallach

Really nice looking. I hope that if this does wind up on PC somehow Ubisoft will have abandoned their current DRM. Would love to support efforts like this.

kevm3

This is the first thing that actually made me say 'whoa' at this E3 amidst a flood of FPS and casual garbage. A definitely purchase for me.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Man, I keep watching it, and it keeps getting better. I love how Rayman is animated; he looks like he's just having fun. And that music? Oh god that music. They haven't ruled out Wii yet, which makes me hopeful...

Already ranks up there with A Boy and His Blob and Wario Land: Shake It as one of the most gorgeous platformers I've ever seen.

Eteric Rice

Pennywise83 said:
If this don't come also for the Wii (which is the best platform for 2D-3D platformers) the guys at Ubisoft are absolutely insane.

This.

Not releasing a platformer on the only console that actually has platformers is pretty weird.

Oh well, I suppose they'll do it eventually. Maybe when all the episodes are released they'll release it in disc form.

FoneBone

JasonUresti said:
Too bad. Ubi wisely diverted resources from a sequel to a boring, poorly constructed game in Beyond Good & Evil. And then they put out another installment of even more boring, and hideous looking game in Rayman.
Crack kills

As for the Wii thing, not that I'm an expert on such things, but I suspect they'd run into storage space issues on WiiWare, even with downscaled art. I would think there'd be a pretty good chance of a disc release eventually, though.

Pennywise83 said:
If this don't come also for the Wii (which is the best platform for 2D-3D platformers) the guys at Ubisoft are absolutely insane.

Not a wise business decision, but I'm glad 2D plartformers are making a comeback. Why download only though? What is it about HD developers that makes them believe 2D games must be relegated to the digital distribution ghetto?

Eteric Rice said:
Oh well, I suppose they'll do it eventually. Maybe when all the episodes are released they'll release it in disc form.

I'm hoping for this.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
kame-sennin said:
Not a wise business decision, but I'm glad 2D plartformers are making a comeback. Why download only though? What is it about HD developers that makes them believe 2D games must be relegated to the digital distribution ghetto?
A perception that gamers won't shell out 50-60 bucks for a 2D sidescrolling platformer. Which is probably true :(
I mean, aside from NSMB of course, how well have any others done?

soultron

Banned
It looks amazing. I only wish it was coming to portables as well. Image this on PSP or iPhone.

Probably going to grab it on 360.

This and Dust were my favourite announcements of the Ubi conference.

RevoDS

WTF, no Wii release, how dumb can Ubi be? This game is like tailor-made for the Wii, yet they ignore it entirely? :lol

The_Technomancer said:
A perception that gamers won't shell out 50-60 bucks for a 2D sidescrolling platformer. Which is probably true :(
I mean, aside from NSMB of course, how well have any others done?

"Aside from the only AAA 2D platformer, which is on it's way to selling 20 million, how well have any of the others sold?"

I have a red mark on my forehead from slapping it so hard.

Top Bottom