• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE4, RE0 and Resident Evil 1 remake coming to Switch!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
This is awesome. I’ve been meaning to replay the Res Evil Remake and doing it on the Switch is perfect for me!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Haha what? I don't think you know how old the Switch is.
The Remasters came out 2015 so in 2019 they'll be 4 years since the last release. 🙄
I thought what meant was obvious.

-MD-

4 years later.....
The Remasters came out 2015 so in 2019 they'll be 4 years since the last release. 🙄
I thought what meant was obvious.

I think everyone knows what you meant, we're trying to figure out why the age of the remasters matter for a console that is relatively new.

When they're ported to PS5 are you going to comment "6 years later..." as well?

This is cool and all, but I really wish the OG Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3 would be rereleased on current consoles. For posterity if nothing else.

Meesh

This is exactly what I want right now, RE4 being my favorite. Kudos to Cappy! Bringing back good old pointer controls?

Shifty

RE4 - Inevitable
RE0 - Meh
REmake -
tenor.gif

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
I would like 5 and 6 as well, maybe if these do okay we'll see them.
No excuses at this point. Just give me cheap physical copies of each like they did for the Xbox One and PS4 and I'll buy them both.

Last edited by a moderator:

GenericUser

Must be worse then skyrims ports by now. I get that capcom want to use the momentum that RE2 created and get some more sales especially from vintage RE titles, but please don't forget to create actual new RE games as well.

GeekyDad

They should do a box set of all three for $40. Truly, would sell really well, I think, and would be a fair price for the product.

Of course, it is Capcom...

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Could they not do a RE2 version like that streaming version of RE7 they got working?

It’s not the best but it would work.

Cutting back RE2 visuals would make the game lose all sense of identity. It’s possible, but it would need to be cut back a great deal, i fear. Would be interesting to see though.

14 years later, i'm still ready to buy RE4 on the 27472838 console and finish it another million Times
Geez, every Developer should read RE4 replayability manual and learn, it's legendary

I will buy the Resident Evil 1 remake for the 4th time as it is in my top 3 favorite games of all time.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Love 0 but I already have it on ps4. Dont care for re4 much and I already have the Wii version anyway. If they fix the visuals I'd consider the REmake.

JCK75

I'll honestly buy all 3, I don't remember if I finished 4 or not, I know I got close to the end .. I know I didn't finish 0 or come anywhere near that.

Shaqazooloo

I'll probably buy RE4. I remember getting to second disc on the gamecube and never completing it so I suppose this is my chance.
Not to sure about the other 2 though.

alf717

Gonna grab the retail if it is all on cart. RE4 might be digital only it seems.

Last edited:

Andyliini

I'm done with Resident Evil myself, but more games is always better. Though I still hate Capcom for treating us Europeans like 2nd class citizen.

Nice snags for the Switch. RE4 is always worth owning on any platform, imo

Love 0 but I already have it on ps4. Dont care for re4 much and I already have the Wii version anyway. If they fix the visuals I'd consider the REmake.

You don’t like RE4 or Into The Spider-Verse? You’re a tough cookie to crack!

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
I can't believe I'm going to be buying RE1 & 4 again. At this rate I'll have bought these as many times as I bought Doom across multiple consoles.

Quezacolt

Could they not do a RE2 version like that streaming version of RE7 they got working?

Cutting back RE2 visuals would make the game lose all sense of identity. It’s possible, but it would need to be cut back a great deal, i fear. Would be interesting to see though.
Please, no... let's not let the industry feed us crappy streaming versions as the only option. buying another platform is a better option than than this

Shifty1897

It actually might not be too hard to get a docked 720p 30fps output out of RE2, considering the base PS4 does 1080p 60fps. We've seen devs accomplish this in the past, depending on the engine. Undocked might have to go lower though, to something like 540p.

Top Bottom