• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davedough

On valentine's day, don't we all?

sHcrM.gif

Ashes

Banned
If she doesn't come through, I'll buy you a drink at a local pub the next time I'm in your neck of the woods. We can philosophize about the wonders of modern literature.

It's an out door screening of a classic film. I'm thinking I might just go myself. Lol!

really tempted to go by my self.

Even if it is cold.

Okay, profile change. I'm ditching fakeness for now, thanks to whatshisname's reality plea.

profile_hatter.jpg

This is from the Wicked Faire two years ago, iirc, when the theme was "A Mad Tea Party". I made this costume as well as a kilt made pretty much entirely out of tea bags. I used the latter on the last day of RP January, but this one hasn't gotten much love from me, so here it is!

It took an incredible amount of time. I had no place where I could get a checkerboard shirt and pants, and I wasn't quite good enough to sew a reasonable looking outfit from checkered fabric, so I just cut out a few hundred squares of felt and painstakingly glued them onto some white clothing that I had. The hat's from Party City, the jacket's from a local thrift shop (bought a year earlier for a '70s-themed party), and I used fabric marker to put yellow striped on socks. All in all, it's a pretty faithful reproduction of the original Mad Hatter character, in a time where everybody was wearing stupid orange wigs just because Johnny Depp is sexy.

tl;dr: I wore this just for you baby. ;)

Is there a mirror right there? Cause I can definitely see me in your pants.

I lost my number, can I have yours?

Now for something I actually wrote to someone (generic cheesiness incoming)

You're the reason I can believe in heaven, because there's no way a human could have created someone like you.

Chuckie

I've heard this one before:

Here's the name on my tab. Drink until I'm really good looking, then come and talk to me.

Thats actually quite funny.

Does it ever work on you girls by the way? I always assumed it didn't so I never used any.

Fake edit: Oh except one time at a rave... where I asked this insanely hot Japanese girl howcome their was a laserlight constantly pointed at her forehead.

Appearantly she had a tiny fluoresent red sticker on her head.... yeah drugs were involved.
It did make her laugh hard. Had a great conversation with her untill her moody cockblocking girlfriend started whining and wanted to go home.

Real edit: I guess that wasn't a real opening line though... considering I really though someone was pointing a laserlight at hear forehead constantly.

My pick-up line in America

"You look just like this girl I knew in Paris."

My pick up line in Europe

"You look just like this girl I knew in America."

My pick up line in Japan

"HELLO I AM AMERICAN AND DO NOT SPEAK MUCH JAPANESE CAN I BUY YOU A DRINK"

How many drinks did it take?

One look at him told me I didn't have the alcohol tolerance to get where he wanted me to go. ;)

Wait wait...the guy or girl says this :eek:

The guy, in my case. I guess girls could use it too.

I'm always tempted to use pick-up lines just for fun, but I can never find an "in"...

Usually it's better not to, but if you're both self aware that it's a pickup line and a bad one, then the laugh from it can break the ice.

Thats actually quite funny.

Does it ever work on you girls by the way? I always assumed it didn't so I never used any.

Fake edit: Oh except one time at a rave... where I asked this insanely hot Japanese girl howcome their was a laserlight constantly pointed at her forehead.

Appearantly she had a tiny fluoresent red sticker on her head.... yeah drugs were involved.
It did make her laugh hard. Had a great conversation with her untill her moody cockblocking girlfriend started whining and wanted to go home.

Real edit: I guess that wasn't a real opening line though... considering I really though someone was pointing a laserlight at hear forehead constantly.

Mmm... I'm trying to think if a pickup line has ever worked... I'm coming up blank. The last 'thing' that worked for me I guess, was a guy who gave me the business card of the restaurant I worked at, and on the back was a penned version of the bat signal. Underneath it had his number and a message that said "Call in case of a lonely Friday night. This number will signal your rescue. -Batman" ...I'm a nerd.

AcridMeat

Banned
Mmm... I'm trying to think if a pickup line has ever worked... I'm coming up blank. The last 'thing' that worked for me I guess, was a guy who gave me the business card of the restaurant I worked at, and on the back was a penned version of the bat signal. Underneath it had his number and a message that said "Call in case of a lonely Friday night. This number will signal your rescue. -Batman" ...I'm a nerd.

That is pretty awesome. Imagine if things worked out and your story to your kids was that you married fucking BATMAN.

I don't think a pickup line has ever worked for me, so long as we're not counting "Hi, I'm John." or "Good times!" (those have been pretty successful). "Come dance with me", does that count? That worked well enough.

Hmm. I don't remember the last time I used a pickup line, though. Usually we just sort of ... have conversations and gradually move closer together until suddenly everything has already hooked up. You know, it's along the lines of "Huh, weird, we're kissing now. I guess we'll likely have sex later. This makes me feel good about myself.".

That said, more girls should use cheesy pickup lines. I hate delivering them, but I would really, really like to receive them once in a while. I think one girl tried it once. I'm not digging the 0.03 lines per year statistic here. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom