• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have to over-cheese the pickup line.

It's not intended to just be "Hey, I'm going to say these words to you and you're going to come back to my place and take your clothes off." At least I hope that's not the intention.

The idea is to break the ice and get the ball rolling.

I think 99% of the problem with pick-up lines is that people think it's the former when it's supposed to be the latter.

leadbelly

Banned
They are and it's pretty much based on physical attraction if a girl takes it as "oh he has such a great sense of humor" or "wow he is a stupid cheesy creep".

lol

I have wondered how girls would respond to incredibly nerdy innuendos though. Just do it for a laugh.

"I want to slot my ram into your motherboard"

"You make my 'Intel® Core™ i7-920 Processor' melt"

"I have a HUGE GTX 590 all for you baby"

Maybe If a girl asked me to have a look at their computer.

"My computer is overheating"

Me: "Let me squirt thermal paste all over it, yeaaah!"

AcridMeat

Banned

Dave could take Batman. I saw him take on a hoard of bears by punching wolves at them. This was at the time he had 4ft of pure golden locks that made a symphony erupt whenever light shined upon it.

Dave and I go way back.

edit:
lol

I have wondered how girls would respond to incredibly nerdy innuendos though. Just do it for a laugh.

"I want to slot my ram into your motherboard"

"You make my 'Intel® Core™ i7-920 Processor' melt"

"I have a HUGE GTX 590 all for you baby"

Maybe If a girl asked me to have a look at their computer.

"My computer is overheating"

Me: "Let me squirt thermal paste all over it, yeaaah!"
I have a female programmer friend who is an absolute master of nerdy pick up lines. I'll try to find them some when I'm home tonight

Davedough

Wow..... romance = gone.

The flowers I ordered for my wife just arrived at her work. She messages me and says "Thanks for the flowers, but you really shouldn't have spent that kind of money for them to just sit on my desk to die".

Moral of the story.... dont marry an accountant.

leadbelly

Banned
edit:
I have a female programmer friend who is an absolute master of nerdy pick up lines. I'll try to find them some when I'm home tonight

lol

I never thought of that. What if I tried an incredibly nerdy pick up line, but the girl said one to me instead?

I'd be lost. :/

RawPower

Banned
Wow..... romance = gone.

The flowers I ordered for my wife just arrived at her work. She messages me and says "Thanks for the flowers, but you really shouldn't have spent that kind of money for them to just sit on my desk to die".

Have you tried chocolates?

That is pretty awesome. Imagine if things worked out and your story to your kids was that you married fucking BATMAN.

Right? I did end up dating him for 3 years. But, his crime fighting ways and my crime plotting ways just didn't match up in the end. Alas.

That said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Gaf!

1329245645846_3021492.png

Wow..... romance = gone.

Perhaps she wanted you to email her a picture of your penis. I hear that works on okcupid.

Wow..... romance = gone.

Message her back and tell her that they are magic flowers and if she lets them die then you will die.

IT IS THE ULTIMATE TEST OF LOVE.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Yup, I just shaved.

No more Viking beard on me, mates.

What are you doing? D:

It's funny, even though I personally don't find facial hair all that attractive, I always get HORRIFIED when guys shave. I guess it all comes down to that one time my father shaved when I was 5. And I didn't know who he was. It freaked me out when he picked me up and kissed me. He never got rid of the beard again for the rest of his life.

Actually, this is similar to when my mom got a wedge cut when I was 4. She got it while I was in preschool and when she picked me up I didn't know who she was and didn't want to go home with her! She never got her hair cut that short again for the rest of her life.

Apparently I'm a very visual person so it's hard for me to tell who people are if they change themselves to drastically.

I tweeted this and then discovered it was my 2000th tweet.

I'm proud to be mentioned in your 2000th tweet :O

I still need to make one.

edit: Dave, I think I love your wife a little for the flower comment. Just a little.

RawPower

Banned
What are you doing? D:

It's funny, even though I personally don't find facial hair all that attractive, I always get HORRIFIED when guys shave. I guess it all comes down to that one time my father shaved when I was 5. And I didn't know who he was. It freaked me out when he picked me up and kissed me. He never got rid of the beard again for the rest of his life.

Actually, this is similar to when my mom got a wedge cut when I was 4. She got it while I was in preschool and when she picked me up I didn't know who she was and didn't want to go home with her! She never got her hair cut that short again for the rest of her life.

Apparently I'm a very visual person so it's hard for me to tell who people are if they change themselves to drastically.

I'm proud to be mentioned in your 2000th tweet :O

I still need to make one.

edit: Dave, I think I love your wife a little for the flower comment. Just a little.

I gotta get a job somehow. :p I'm getting a haircut next.

I have sold out.

leadbelly

Banned
Right? I did end up dating him for 3 years. But, his crime fighting ways and my crime plotting ways just didn't match up in the end. Alas.

That said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Gaf!

1329245645846_3021492.png

lol

Now, let me try this...

You're like Skyrim on ultra settings, high res textures, and at 1080p. :p

Wow..... romance = gone.

:( Awww... Well, the rest of us think that's totally sweet, though. We will be your valentines, Dave!

Very nice. Goes with my shattering headache. :p (Loved the SF .gif, btw)

Hey hey, that's mean! Did you oblige him with a drink or seven?

The Batman one is kinda clever.

I did not. I'm not comfortable taking that kind of advantage, especially if it's clear what he wants and I know I'm not interested. His bar tab was safe from me.

No!

Damn! my nerdy pick up lines are failing me. :(

What about battlefield 3 then?

Bah, you need to use games with more widespread appeal, man!

You can welcome my galaxy any time.
Woohoo!

edit: Samaritan is the new sexy for high res poly crunching, btw. That might get you a hot graphics whore.

lol

Now, let me try this...

You're like Skyrim on ultra settings, high res textures, and at 1080p. :p

My answer depends on whether or not you're packing a 360 or PS3.

Gotta thank Capcom for that one. Hungover?

A bit. Okay, more than a bit. -_-

That is the best way to respond to this situation. Too many people would take the drinks and otherwise skedaddle.

Hah. Staying the same way always is selling out. You're evolving.

I abhor that kind of behavior. Such a dick thing to do. I know a few girls like that, and I'm happy to say we aren't friends. :)

I was going to go make a nice card, too, but then this image was the (random) one that came up first so how could I not use it

0lmas.png

That is too perfect. Really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom