• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recore Screenshot leaks, out September 13th, box art, Xbox One Console Exclusive

Fredrik

Looks interesting and okayish I guess, but since it's from former Retro Studio devs I'm more interested to see it in motion, I want to see if Nintendo is the one to praise for their 60fps-only history or if it was their own choice.

CrayToes

Qv9ArSo.jpg

I really like that cover.

Looks interesting and okayish I guess, but since it's from former Retro Studio devs I'm more interested to see it in motion, I want to see if Nintendo is the one to praise for their 60fps-only history or if it was their own choice.

Have my doubts about this being 60fps. It's open worldish from what's been said.

Chris1

That's really soon. Must be a small game.

It's not.

Reposting..

Shinobi saying it's not a small game:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187718358&postcount=1007

Shinobi saying it's a 3D action adventure game with a garage to customize:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202622685&postcount=354

Shinobi saying it's not releasing in spring 2 months before MS announced it:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183884183&postcount=103

Shinobi saying there's quests, find robot dudes, RPG and customization elements, melee and shooting combat:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191396651&postcount=158

That's all I can find from what Shinobi has said, but what he's said sounds amazing to me.

Shin-chan

I wonder what the dev time of this was. I've got to think if it was in the oven for E3 2014 it would have been shown alongside the other CG announcements.

Chris1

I wonder what the dev time of this was. I've got to think if it was in the oven for E3 2014 it would have been shown alongside the other CG announcements.

14 months before last E3 IIRC, so by the time of release it'll be 27 months (just over 2 years)

LordRaptor

I was just working on painter and reading your comment made me lol!!
Regarding screenshot , lets wait for the conference for more reveal.this one isn't doing much

I mean, the reason I said it is there's some straight up 'off the included tool shelf' material usage there, and not in sparing quantities.

not even 5 mins work in SP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doesn't this need much more marketing if it's really coming in September? Of course there's still time for that.

I guess the marketing machine would start tomorrow then. I mean, MS pulled this last year - announced both Rare Replay & Gears Ultimate @ E3, released them 2 months later.

However, considering the audience MS has already accrued, I do agree that MS needs to market this game as hard as they do all others; they're attracting a new audience, not serving a pre-existing one.

Montresor

First screenshot looked a little uninteresting. Second screenshot looks incredible. The box art looks fantastic!

If this truly comes out September 2016 I'll be so happy.

I guess the marketing machine would start tomorrow then. I mean, MS pulled this last year - announced both Rare Replay & Gears Ultimate @ E3, released them 2 months later.
Those are remasters tho. I would expect them to give more marketing time to a new AAA ip. Eh they'll probably amp it up for the next 3 months I guess

Chris1

Those are remasters tho. I would expect them to give more marketing time to a new AAA ip. Eh they'll probably amp it up for the next 3 months I guess

To be fair Recore was announced last year, and releasing this year. Sunset Overdrive, Halo Wars 2, Sea of Thieves and potentially others have all followed this same route Recore is going.

I've been looking forward to this one for a long time. Hopefully they'll show a lot more at the Xbox conference tomorrow. Hype!

TriGen

It's cool that it's coming out in only 3 months, but until we get that gameplay demo there's not much to say. Hopefully it delivers tomorrow.

brawly

Unfortunate way for the game to be revealed, I guess.
September is almost alarmingly soon for the game's release date. 3 months after the first gameplay footage? pretty crazy.
Anyone notice that the rope is clipping through her hand?

People, at the end of 2015, were banging on about how it will release early 2016.

sorry for double post

Top Bottom