• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is three years old today

cormack12

Gold Member
FClgjCSWQAI0S35

LimpEagerGharial-max-1mb.gif

giphy.webp

Certinty

Not sure where three years went but definitely the greatest game ever made by a country mile in my eyes.

The soundtrack, side content, visuals, characters, open world and story are all far beyond everything else.

Also the fact it runs on the PS4 and Xbox One must surely make it the biggest technical masterpiece in gaming.

On the One X it would easily pass a next-gen game, it's just a shame the faces hold back the rest of the visuals. Really hope we get an XSX and PS5 version soon.

Certinty

It seems to me that people wanted Arthur to control like Bloodborne or something...

GOAT
Oh God no, I'm not a huge fan of how Arthur controls and the gunplay in the game is not good (it's the the biggest issue I had with the game) but I actually liked that Arthur felt weighty and grounded, not like he was running on air which almost every other third person game feels like.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Would be incredible to get the title updated for next gen systems(Xbox Series S/X and PS5)

Seems like a great fit for fidelity 4k/30fps or performance 4k/60fps modes.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
A good game that does some great things, but was wayy too bloated with too much micromanaging to reach it's potential. It was indeed too much of a cowboy simulator. Gameplay wise, the first game blows it away. Storywise, they're equal.

I give it a 7.5/10.

No reason it hasn't gotten a next gen patch either.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

I still haven’t played it. I want a next-gen update.
Same I started but then I thought Ill wait till a next gen update.

I did the same for Death Stranding, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, Spiderman and Final Fantasy 7RE.

This is the only game left I waited for a next gen update or release…. Come on Rockstar

saintjules

Whoah. Had no idea but have a friend over and I’ve been watching him play the PC version on my newish since I finished RDR2 TV.

Still looks incredible and it’s his first time playing. Watching someone witness magic for the first time.

Why is there a cooling fan under the Series X?

Kikorin

Got bored pretty fast and dropped it soon, but I'd like to try it again in future. Anyway, more than everything, I think overall it's a tech archivement still unmached, just incredible to see it on running on Xbox One X at time.

spons

Gold Member
I've never completed either of the games. Red Dead Redemption 1 is 10 bucks on Xbox right now. It runs at a stable 30 FPS with a good resolution bump on Series S so I'm starting there. Excited for this.

CitizenZ

Banned
I have only played the online component and can only say, while it is the most detailed game I have ever exp., this mode is basically a joke. When you break down what was expected and what everyone wanted, no farming, building, survival, etc. Its bad. That being said, RS should get a RL gambling online license because damn that poker game is addicting, but throw in real $$$$ holy sht.

Top Bottom