• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit Anaconda dev kit (Dante) leak.

jonnyp

It's a common problem reading here and there about Pro and prior to that the base model, perhaps Sony skimping on cooling is the cause.

Mine is a day-one Pro. I have never had a noise issue with it. Same with my day-one base model.

Last edited:

gundalf

Dev Kits that have more RAM than the retail counterpart are a thing of the past. The way how the OS is layout and the Apps/Games are executed don't make this necessary anymore.

xGreir

Far fetched (as Zen 2 is expected in next-gen) but at least now we'll have a better understanding as what expect.
Mobile Ryzen, second gen got announced by AMD - https://venturebeat.com/2019/04/08/amd-debuts-2nd-gen-amd-ryzen-pro-mobile-processors/
I'm being too lazy to create a thread with so much technical shit and words so someone else can do it if interested.

Hmmm... There's nothing really surprising in these new mobile ryzen.

The interesting points maybe are:

1. 4ghz at 15 watts

2. And just 4c/8t at max, that I think doesn't really matters, because a custom itineration of these with custom cores/threads is easy.

It says that these mobile ryzen have performance like the Intel i7-8xxx U chips.

Well, all said: It's interesting. From the jaguar chips, they are still a good jump, while being low-consuming chips.

But I don't think it's a good idea going for mobile chips again, more so when it will the generation with the lowest jump in performance ever.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

No Dev kit has 48GBS of Dance Dance Revolution 6 Ram.

Also why would you need a 4TB SSD for a dev kit?
It's a Bethesda specific dev kit. They need 4TB to dump every single asset created for the game even if the final game is only 40gb in size and 48gb ram to ensure slowdowns only happen after 1h of gameplay because of the many memory leaks in the game.

Jayjayhd34

1. 4ghz at 15 watts

2. And just 4c/8t at max, that I think doesn't really matters, because a custom itineration of these with custom cores/threads is easy.

It says that these mobile ryzen have performance like the Intel i7-8xxx U chips.

Well, all said: It's interesting. From the jaguar chips, they are still a good jump, while being low-consuming chips.

But I don't think it's a good idea going for mobile chips again, more so when it will the generation with the lowest jump in performance ever.

Sadly there most likely going go mobile chips would liturally bet my life on it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Dev Kits that have more RAM than the retail counterpart are a thing of the past. The way how the OS is layout and the Apps/Games are executed don't make this necessary anymore.

The Xbox One X dev kits had 24 GBs of RAM. So no, it's not a thing of the past.

Shin

Banned
Windows Central / Jez Cordon article:
Nothing meaty and more like a rehash that's why I'm not creating a thread for it, but the site does have close ties to Microsoft so read between the lines.

The next-gen Lockhart console will be the affordable SKU, providing the next-gen Xbox experience in a package potentially around as powerful as the current Xbox One X hardware wise, with refinements under the hood. The Anaconda console will be more powerful and more expensive, providing a cutting-edge console gaming experience. We've also heard Microsoft is exploring technology to dramatically reduce loading times, potentially including SSD storage in the package.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
All bullshit. No one knows shit yet.

Until we hear it from Thurrott, Jason Shreier, or Digital Foundry, we’re all likely just being trolled by some dork spreading rumors.

Ladybug has 4million more colors a 2 more animations per frame than Pac-Man, that already takes up almost all the 48GBS of RAM. Of course you can get a good 300GB of VRAM from the 4TB SSD.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This can only work if weaker console has the same CPU and targets 1080p.

I'm not saying it won't work, what I am saying is that the more powerful system will never have a game built exclusively for the hardware from the ground up. The weaker system will still hold the more powerful system back in that regards.

Same situation we have now with the mid-gen refreshes however, it will have its refresh out on the same day, maybe.

CyberPanda

Banned
I'm not saying it won't work, what I am saying is that the more powerful system will never have a game built exclusively for the hardware from the ground up. The weaker system will still hold the more powerful system back in that regards.

Same situation we have now with the mid-gen refreshes however, it will have its refresh out on the same day, maybe.
It will be fine. Consoles now are just like PCs, and they will just turn off some graphical features here and there. And console optimization is just a myth. All they do is use smoke and mirrors to cover up weaknesses. For example, Halo 5 looked great but you could greatly see the corners they cut to get it to look like it did. The environments were much smaller, and 2d backgrounds and skyboxes. It’s all marketing PR mumbo jumbo.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It will be fine. Consoles now are just like PCs, and they will just turn off some graphical features here and there. And console optimization is just a myth. All they do is use smoke and mirrors to cover up weaknesses. For example, Halo 5 looked great but you could greatly see the corners they cut to get it to look like it did. The environments were much smaller, and 2d backgrounds and skyboxes. It’s all marketing PR mumbo jumbo.

Console optimization is most definitely not a myth, I will disagree there.

Maybe the powerful one is better than PS5, the weaker one can match the PS5 @ 1080p vs 4K. Plus be cheaper.

Something like that could work. Still seems a bit messy though from a marketing standpoint, and a regression from 4K 4K 4K!

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
giphy.gif

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Its just called 'cutting corners' to get something to run on the designated hardware.

Haha, no, it is called knowing what the HW can do and exploit it well instead of targeting an abstracted minimum common denominator.

Cutting corners is another work for making games... or even CGi movies ;).

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

This is not how game development works. You can't make an exclusive title for a game to run on a 6 TF console and a 12 TF console and think you'll max out the stronger console. It simply doesn't work that way. They'll never get the most out of it.

Armorian

Banned
This whole 2 SKU's idea is stupid, they will have to produce 2 variants of APU's and I really don't think 12TF GPU will cost MS much more compared to 6TF one (AMD will make them in milions).

4K needs 4x times the power so I was wrong about 1080p focused console (if it has 6TF).

Previously the architecture changed every jump. Now we are staying at x86. So no drastic leap in RAM size incoming.
What does x86 arch have to do with RAM requirements?

Do you think x86/CISC binaries are bloated compared to RISC (PPC/MIPS) ones?

I think you need to study why CISC was invented in the first place back in the 60s/70s...

1. 4ghz at 15 watts

Octa-core Jaguar at 1.6 GHz consumes 30 watts (definitely not a "tablet" CPU, it was made for laptops).

Octa-core Zen at 3.2 GHz is absolutely doable for next-gen consoles at roughly the same TDP.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
Sadly there most likely going go mobile chips would liturally bet my life on it.
Those Ryzen 3000 mobile chips are just Zen+, on 12nm running at super low power with a 1.3Tflop GPU to split power with.

Zen 2 on 7nm with 8 cores and no iGPU will be very powerful, not Jaguar V2.

Braldryr

Banned
48 gigabyte RAM?

Lulz.

Someone has a really lively imagination, even counting that a dev kit may have more RAM than a retail unit.

You just devide that by half dude and it comes up to 24 GBs of GDDR6 which is not that absurd for retail and completely reasonable.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Console optimization being a myth... I've now seen it all on GaF.

Braldryr

Banned

I posted that earlier lol and got yelled at by a moron for saying it was posted by someone else earlier and that it was a trash pastebin leak. (Despite me not knowing where it came from, because I found it on a random forum without the pastebin link itself) So I just removed it lol. Honestly, pastebin leaks are probably worse than reddit or 4chan... anyone can write them up and make them sound believeable.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
I posted that earlier lol and got yelled at by a moron for saying it was posted by someone else earlier and that it was a trash pastebin leak. (Despite me not knowing where it came from, because I found it on a random forum without the pastebin link itself) So I just removed it lol. Honestly, pastebin leaks are probably worse than reddit or 4chan... anyone can write them up and make them sound believeable.
Pastebin needs to go away at this point, and 4chan should be ignored. lol.

Braldryr

Banned
Fair enough.

The issue is not really 4Chan, Reddit or Pastebin - the issue is the fact that your on a platform where ANYONE can write ANYTHING. It doesn't matter what the place or social form it is, what matters is who's writing and what they are writing it. At the end of they day, all of those platforms are different ways to give out or leak information without getting yourself in trouble and things like that. When the dude came out and said that Sony won't be at E3 2019 last year near the end of the year on reddit. Everywhere ragged on him and made fun of him and then literally the next day Sony officially came out and said yeah guys we're not doing E3 lol. So you cannot say that a Reddit leaker is reliable or not - once something is posted you either wait for it to happen or you try to find out the truth. 90% of the time most of those things are fake or just plain fanboy wet dream/pipe dream wishlists.

There is no physical way for someone to guess something like that., that was a true specific leak that he was confident of. Now whether you trust that or not is obviously up to you personally. I did not believe him, because it sounded absolutely insane and I also could not believe my eyes when I was attending E3 2015 Sony Conference and saw The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3 and FF VII Remake all within 1 hour span. That was absolutely insane it was basically living a pipedream in real life and I did not know what to even thing when it happened either. if someone told me that on the internet I'd call them a delusional fucking pipedream fanboy. But you know what? It happened. And honestly, this industry has become so unpredictable that anything can happen at this point.

There are truly people out there who either risk their shit, or just simply don't care and find shit out. Different insiders have their own ways of doing things. Some use forums, others create throwaway accounts, It's a weird world let me tell you that. I remember many leakers back on the original gaf days such as DemoNite, cBoat and Ntkml or w/e his name was. A lot of those guys were usually on point oh and god... don't get me started on Verendus. Those truly were the glory days of gaf, I miss those days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom