• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie: "more to be announced" for Switch 2017 lineup

Yeah, I'm satisfied. One thing I feel the tail end of 2017 could really use though is Virtual Console.

I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but I'd also love to see NES Classic turned into a retail Switch product. Put the 30 games + the UI from the plug-and-play onto a Switch cart and sell it for $60 this Christmas. It'd be a huge hit.

You know what?

I would be down for retail Mario Bros 1, 2 and 3.

hatchx

Banned
I can't imagine what it would be that wouldn't be announced at e3. Maybe VC and mother 3 as some have suggested?

I doubt smash bros or even big wiiU ports would still be planned this year without an e3 mention.

They know Mario Odyssey will be enough. But they still have smaller releases like Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade 2 to release.

If Animal Crossing was being released it would've been shown at E3.
They would probably save Animal Crossing for when they discuss the mobile game, just like they did for Fire Emblem.

AGITΩ

I'll be satisfied if it's that Nintendo is localizing MHXX For the West...which is actually more realistic than hoping for F-Zero DX <.< But I'll take that too.

Crazyorloco

My wallet though...

Seriously love the different pace nintendo is releasing these games. I think the Wii U haven't barely anything the last year really helped with working on development on switch games.

My wallet though...

Seriously love the different pace nintendo is releasing these games. I think the Wii U haven't barely anything the last year really helped with working on development on switch games.

The Wii U had almost nothing in its first year, third year, or fourth year.

It was real bad, but honestly, it was worth it in the end, because the Switch is a much better piece of hardware and I actually enjoy playing games on it.

H13

Why do some people expect blizzard game to be annouced? Is there any rumour or something that i dont know about?

Eliseo

Why do some people expect blizzard game to be annouced? Is there any rumour or something that i dont know about?

I think there was a rumor, Overwatch on switch wouldn't be bad.
Samus Aran and some other Nintendo skins for switch owners and Samus as DLC for Xbox and PC owners.

moeman

I think there was a rumor, Overwatch on switch wouldn't be bad.
Samus Aran and some other Nintendo skins for switch owners and Samus as DLC for Xbox and PC owners.

I would much rather have diablo 3 on switch but overwatch would be interesting to play on switch.

Thoraxes

They typically release a game in November for each of their systems. It is definitely strange that nothing is on the schedule for Switch yet on that front, though I imagine it won't mean anything more than them being optimistic that Xenoblade 2 could be done in time for that month than the December date most are expecting.

Yeah but what about Switch?
Should we draft a .jpg of the Switch looking into the window while in the rain?
Nothing for Switch in Nov. I'll bet, supplanted by SNES Classic that month.

moeman

Nothing for Switch in Nov. I'll bet, supplanted by SNES Classic that month.

I got an email from amazon stating that my skyrim switch preorder was moved to November 27th so it's possible that the skyrim version of sitch is coming out in November.

Thoraxes

I got an email from amazon stating that my skyrim switch preorder was moved to November 27th so it's possible that the skyrim version of sitch is coming out in November.

Ah, if we're including third-party/or published games, then that would make sense, yeah.

hey reg announce Dragon Quest IX for the west yeah, it'd be mighty swell of ya.
it does well to be swell, ya know?

Reggie: "Due to popular demand we decided to release Dragon Quest IX again for the 3DS! It's the same as the DS version but now you don't have to hunt on ebay for action replays in order to play those DLC quests! You can just buy them."

I don't think it'll be 2017 but I wonder where Animal Crossing falls in their lineup. We never got a Wii U version so the last proper AC game released in 2013. If they were working on a Wii U version which got pushed to Switch, it could be pretty soon.

I don't believe anything that comes out of Reggie's mouth. Show, don't tell.

I hope Owlboy and Hollow Knight are released this year on the Switch.

Nesther

If Animal Crossing Mobile is still on track for this year like Reggie said, then I'd say it's very likely we'll see AC Switch too. I just don't see them not releasing both around the same time, it'd be shocked if they don't go all in on the synergy angle. Like they always planned for: the Nintendo mobile games are supposed to get people to buy their hardware and then software.

Heyt

Banned
Namco has to announce the Tales of for Switch at TGS. Likely a port.

Secretly wishing for bayonettas to be re-released on Switch as well.

Pokemaniac

Well there is a suspicious empty slot on "Nintendo Day" 2017 (There's a 3DS title but no Switch one). Unless Xenoblade 2 is actually releasing that day.

Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 is supposedly being published by Nintendo. They still haven't officially announced a date. So I expect that to be a title we hear about soon.

Top Bottom