• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rejected Pixar Movie [Mafia] | Won't Someone Think of the Children?

Gorlak

Banned
I echo the others that Pop-O-Matic has to get in here!

Also the quote above proves you went with the assumption of tracker/watcher claim as well, even though you had a problem with it? Why would you single out others as "you guys assumed"? Also "bus" and "LP looked kinda sus already" reeks of a dubious intent...

Pop please respond. Start answering the obvious questions... Who is your top suspect, do you believe the claims, what do you make of a missing tracker, and the question above, etc.

Gorlak

Banned
We have reads and opinions from

Kyanrute #722

nin1000 #727

Ourobolus #759

Exmachina64 #799

---
nin since you unvoted exma, who will you vote today?
Ouro provided more reasoning in other posts as well.

Melonrabbit gives opinions here and there in the middle, a quick overview would be nice.
Kawl could add a read list to his posts at this point as well.

Pop is MIA. At day start he told us about his view on the role shenanigans, but he didn't say anything about who he suspects or votes.

Gorlak

Banned
At this point I think we are at a stalling point. The only one missing insight is Pop, hope he shows up soon. Kawl wants to bring forward some info before day end as well.

As always bottom is scum:

melon claimed cop, delivered red check
kawl claimed doc, will deliver info
nin doesn't do anything, happy about his town check
exma dropping gifs, neutral read
Kyan suggesting to go after stan voters not stan's vote (lp)
pop's weird "bus" post, very inactive
Ouro top scum suspect because of stan push, D1 end, PR push (+ weird change of mind about me without reasoning)

Gorlak

Banned
It would also be nice of you to answer my question above. Obviously exma is on your good side now, so who do you suspect?

nin1000

Banned
That was phrased a bit unclear. You are happy about your town check. I don't know how much value I can put into it, but your behaviour makes me lean more town on you for now.

Oh, sorry for that.
Yes i am happy about the check if i believe melon that she is indeed a cop.

nin since you unvoted exma, who will you vote today?

At the end of the day i would probably still try to vote him out.
His passive agressive behaviour aswell as his gif dropping gives me the impression that he is either a PR or scum. I still have a bad feeling regarding Pop, but that has to do with him missing.

Heading into work, here are my current reads.

Gorlak. engaging, asking questions with a purpose. Has brought new theories to the table and seems to be active in scum hunting. Town.

Exmachina. Has been sporadic in engaging people and contributing to the thread. Still feels a little detached. Has recently been acting with agency. Gorlak poses an interesting theory about the Inside Out gifs. Leaning scum/ neutral

Nin. Hasn't done much, disappointing. Do something. Check as town, but certainly not acting like it.

Pop-O-Matic. MIA. Suspicious but that doesn't mean anything in and of itself. Low contribution overall. Null.

Kawl_USC. Claims Town PR. His conversation and back and forth with Ouro seem genuine. And at this point I believe him to be town based on his general conduct throughout the thread. Town.

Kyanrute. Yeah.... Null.

Ouro. Have the most uneasy feeling about, do feel like he's tried very hard to railroad me on my cop claim and had to abandon it when it didn't get any traction. Also him walking back on his supposed PR claim and general PR fishing has been weird. Scum and unless something else happens my vote for the day.

I'll be more active during my lunch break. Let me know if you have any questions. Had to type this fast before my shift started.

Kawl_USC

Well since he hasn't chimed in and I want to leave enough time for this to be discussed.

I'm not a doctor or a roleblocker.

I'm a jail keep. I targeted pop last night which is not definitive proof one way or another. But I believe his post voting yesterday and my current vote shows where I stand on whether I targeted the killer or the killee.

Ourobolus

Banned
Well since he hasn't chimed in and I want to leave enough time for this to be discussed.

I'm not a doctor or a roleblocker.

I'm a jail keep. I targeted pop last night which is not definitive proof one way or another. But I believe his post voting yesterday and my current vote shows where I stand on whether I targeted the killer or the killee.
Hmm...

Any thoughts who he may have targeted?

Ourobolus

Banned
What kind of dumb question is that ouro?

How is it a dumb question?

Here's my take:

(Assuming Pop is town)
Pop would have been a great kill choice for scum on N2. Relatively low-key, middle-of-the-road kill. Just like Stanley was N1.
But then we had PR claims, so he might not have been the best choice for a kill for scum, so scum would have just taken a gamble hoping that a PR didn't hit them.

(Assuming Pop is scum)
I mean, good job if that is the case (well good job either way, Kawl), but I'm just wondering who his target was. I'll read through his hundreds of posts this day phase and see what I can see.

Ourobolus

Banned
He never really addresses the no-kill except to bring up my soft claim, and then posts a summary of the options of what happened last night, then disappears.

Ourobolus

Banned
Considering that one of the PRs would have been a better choice for scum to kill (melon and the Ouro that doesn't exist), I'm ok with assuming Pop is scum at this point.

Kawl_USC

I decided to go risky last night under the assumption that it would be the best shot for the jail keep to act as a cop of sorts with melon out in the open like that.

But with the way things shook out today with our apparently missing tracker it made me feel less good about that.

I still feel that it's more likely than not that pop is scum.

Kawl_USC

Trying to figure out who scum Pop would target is just a pointless tangent.

All that matters is whether you think pop would be a kill target last night or not.

If you don't then you think I blocked scum.

Let's not get lost in the woods.

That's why it was a dumb question Ouro.

Kawl_USC

My jailkeeperness is also why I was more ready to believe in both a tracker and a cop, as my not being a straight doctor prevents a follow the cop set up without the need of a scum roleblocker, so both scum members could be 50% cop immune.

Ourobolus

Banned
Trying to figure out who scum Pop would target is just a pointless tangent.

All that matters is whether you think pop would be a kill target last night or not.

If you don't then you think I blocked scum.

Let's not get lost in the woods.

That's why it was a dumb question Ouro.

Good points. As I sit here watching my cat eat her breakfast for the second time after eating it the first time, I realize your genius and bow to your Curly-ness.

Gorlak

Banned
Your hesitation of revealing makes sense now. I believe Kawl.

As was said already, not clear if Pop was scum or target. Tend to believe he is scum.

What are the disadvantages of jailing him again and lynching Ouro? A killer could go after Kawl and take him out?

Ourobolus

Banned
Your hesitation of revealing makes sense now. I believe Kawl.

As was said already, not clear if Pop was scum or target. Tend to believe he is scum.

What are the disadvantages of jailing him again and lynching Ouro? A killer could go after Kawl and take him out?

You get a mislynch and hope that Kawl jailed the killer and not the target? What a dumb question.

Ourobolus

Banned
Something which catched my attention while rereading:

1. (#91) D1

2. (#136) D1

3. (#835) D3

We are at 3 of 5 emotions at this point. Exmachina never bothered to react to me calling him out:
D1:
D2:

Note how it is another emotion every time. I believe I've found our neutral with the task to post these gifs.

I will say that I like this theory.

nin1000

Banned
GYaA4Fj.jpg

Kyanrute

Jailing interesting, confidence in Kawl risen. Still want Pop dead, seems like the simplest way to move things forward. Though would pref hearing what Pop has to say. Busy until about day end minus 4.

Gorlak

Banned
You get a mislynch and hope that Kawl jailed the killer and not the target? What a dumb question.

Nah, we confirm Pop as town if a kill happens and can remove our doubts about you. That scenario has value. Except we could face a no kill again, lynch pop and be at the same point just with one less mislynch, if you happen to be town that is.
The other way round we lynch Pop and either win or start a new with no one confirmed as Kawl is likely to die.

eh, I hate talking night actions beforehand. Yep, it still only comes to down wether Pop we believe pop to be scum or town.

Gorlak

Banned
lynch pop
if town
see nk tomorrow, kawl can jail, but dies probably

lynch ouro (or any other vanilla claim for that matter)
if town
see nk tomorrow, kawl can jail, we don't know wether he's able to jail pop again, and kawl dies probably

yeah, I'm in for lynching pop at this point.

Kawl_USC

Nah, we confirm Pop as town if a kill happens and can remove our doubts about you. That scenario has value. Except we could face a no kill again, lynch pop and be at the same point just with one less mislynch, if you happen to be town that is.
The other way round we lynch Pop and either win or start a new with no one confirmed as Kawl is likely to die.

eh, I hate talking night actions beforehand. Yep, it still only comes to down wether Pop we believe pop to be scum or town.

The second option by there seems to be by far the better choice. I think me saying who I'm jailing is the best choice. If a kill happens that person is for sure clear. However if a kill doesn't happen it isn't evidence of anything. Moving forward with that we turn a scum kill into a town clear or force zero scum kills. Power shifts into the hands of town.

Kawl_USC

Lynching pop is the correct play.

Unless I say otherwise before day end I will be jailing Ouro.

A scum kill will mean that Ouro is clear.

Something which catched my attention while rereading:

1. (#91) D1

2. (#136) D1

3. (#835) D3

We are at 3 of 5 emotions at this point. Exmachina never bothered to react to me calling him out:
D1:
D2:

Note how it is another emotion every time. I believe I've found our neutral with the task to post these gifs.

Haha, a happy coincidence. It's one of my favorite movies. I got two Pixar art books for my birthday last week.

I'm not sure I noticed your questions on Day 1 and 2.

I'm vanilla town; I can't imagine what sort of neutral role relies on posting different gifs from Inside Out. But hey, maybe CzarTim's crazy, I don't know.

At the end of the day i would probably still try to vote him out.
His passive agressive behaviour aswell as his gif dropping gives me the impression that he is either a PR or scum. I still have a bad feeling regarding Pop, but that has to do with him missing.

I'm not sure what non-passive aggressive behavior would look like to you?

Heading into work, here are my current reads.

Exmachina. Has been sporadic in engaging people and contributing to the thread. Still feels a little detached. Has recently been acting with agency. Gorlak poses an interesting theory about the Inside Out gifs. Leaning scum/ neutral

And the alternative is? Until this morning, there wasn't much activity in this thread besides Ouro. Who should I be engaging when there's no one else around? Real life patterns make posting sporadic.

Kawl_USC

I'm not sure what non-passive aggressive behavior would look like to you?

And the alternative is? Until this morning, there wasn't much activity in this thread besides Ouro. Who should I be engaging when there's no one else around? Real life patterns make posting sporadic.

You can engage with me exmachina, notice me senpai.

Kawl_USC

What? How did you get that from what I said?

If I am jailed, barring a strongman, I should still be alive tomorrow.

I'm definitely leaning heavy on Pop being scum with Kawl's reveal.

If we lynch scum there are no more days. So you don't get to play another day.

Are you feeling okay Ouro? You seem to be missing a lot of pretty easy stuff that I wouldn't expect from you.

Ourobolus

Banned
If we lynch scum there are no more days. So you don't get to play another day.

Are you feeling okay Ouro? You seem to be missing a lot of pretty easy stuff that I wouldn't expect from you.

I am simply hedging my bets. I do think there is only two scum, but if there's a neutral he might be necessary to remove as well since the role PM states "when all threats to town are eliminated"

Gorlak

Banned
What? How did you get that from what I said?

If I am jailed, barring a strongman, I should still be alive tomorrow.

I'm definitely leaning heavy on Pop being scum with Kawl's reveal.

It was a joke, dumbass. But an interesting reaction. Why would the game continue if pop is scum and lynched today? I certainly got that you'd survive a possible night phase.

---

Exmachina64 ... you wonder why you get read as detached? Take your last posts. You prefer to focus on posts concerning only yourself. What about the big elephant in the room? Do you believe Kawl? Do you think Pop was the killer or the target?

Exmachina64 ... you wonder why you get read as detached? Take your last posts. You prefer to focus on posts concerning only yourself. What about the big elephant in the room? Do you believe Kawl? Do you think Pop was the killer or the target?

I haven't decided yet and that wasn't the topic of discussion when those posts were made? Am I reading the time stamps wrong?

Kawl_USC

Can you explain your role a bit more to me and why you chose Pop?

I don't have time to skim MafiaUniverse or whatever right now.

My role targets someone and prevents any action from happening to them while also preventing them from being able to use a night action. A roleblocker and doctor combined essentially.

I chose pop after deciding to go risky and not protect the obvious target of Melon. I figured it was the best chance to use my roleblocker portion as a pseudo cop. His post with a vote last day phase using the word bus stood out to me. And his continued absence today makes him look even worse now.

Gorlak

Banned
I haven't decided yet and that wasn't the topic of discussion when those posts were made? Am I reading the time stamps wrong?

This is a current example of how you tend to be outside of the discussion. The quoted reads were made before Kawl revealed his info, yes.

Kawl_USC

This is a current example of how you tend to be outside of the discussion. The quoted reads were made before Kawl revealed his info, yes.
I think he's going chronologically through the posts he hasn't gotten to yet and responding as he goes Gorlak.

Top Bottom